OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Hm, glad to see you back bonzai. Hopefully, this means we'll have someone who plays medic, meaning some random idiot who only heals the heavy won't have to.

Gah. Some medics are just fuckin' stupid.

The complaining about medics is why I generally don't play medic anymore. There's no way you can make everyone happy; why bother trying? You're just going to get the blame if your team loses anyway. I don't need to deal with that sort of shit, kthx.

The complaining about medics is why I generally don't play medic any more. There's no way you can make everyone happy; why bother trying? You're just going to get the blame if your team loses anyway. I don't need to deal with that sort of shit, kthx.

No, there's definitely no way to make everyone happy, and that's just simply unrealistic. That's not what I meant at all.

The guys I'm referring to as 'dumb' are the ones who join a game and do NOTHING but heal heavies, thinking that's the best plan. That's just silly. If you're heavy's sitting at 450 health and you got a lit-up scout right next to you, about to die...who would you heal?

Answer this question with the heavy, and you fall under a category I like to label as dumb.

Also: I really like Zephyr's map. If you haven't done so already, you should download it and look over it, as it's really damn cool.

No, there's definitely no way to make everyone happy, and that's just simply unrealistic. That's not what I meant at all.

The guys I'm referring to as 'dumb' are the ones who join a game and do NOTHING but heal heavies, thinking that's the best plan. That's just silly. If your heavy's sitting at 450 health and you got a lit-up scout right next to you, about to die...who would you heal?

It depends on circumstances. For instance, if an uber is going on, I'd stay on the heavy. Or if I suspect the scout is a spy. Especially if it's a combination of the two.

Here's a double standard I "love":

1. People complain when, as a medic, I don't check for spies behind us.

2. People complain when, as a medic, I stop healing them to shoot at suspected spies.

3. People complain when, as a medic, I try to kill a spy.

Note that 1 is mutually exclusive with 2 or 3.

bonzai did an awesome job today of ubering me during goldrush. Great job.

Edit: is there a way to set rtv to only be usable after a period of time. Seriously, these new people showing up and rtving 5 seconds into arena is annoying. I don't want to play dustbowl again.

Just have to say that Bleck is absolutely right about soldiers being noobcannons in certain maps. I have barely played the class but I tried for shits and giggles on Dustbowl defense 3 and I went with a 4:1 k/d rate (which was aided by the fact that a kritz-happy medic paired up with me, but still..). Even on maps like Steel where I didn't have a constant medic buddy I did relatively well. :<

On the topic of medics, gotta love the ones that just pop a uber without asking when you're not even close enough to the enemy sentries or when all your weapons need reloading. IMO if you're playing medic you just need to use voice comm to be as effective as possible.

On the topic of medics, gotta love the ones that just pop a uber without asking when you're not even close enough to the enemy sentries or when all your weapons need reloading. IMO if you're playing medic you just need to use voice comm to be as effective as possible.

I'm sorry I don't have a mic! :cry:

So, so far there has been mixed reception with the arena maps - what do you all think about them?

Just a reminder, the map rotation is currently

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

arena_ravine

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

ctf_fastlane

arena_well

cp_granary

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

ctf_2fort

cp_steel

cp_dustbowl

arena_badlands

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_badlands

arena_granary

tc_hydro

pl_cave_b6

You guys know that I love Arena.

That being said, the majority of the people on the server seem to have some kinda...I dunno, hatred for it. We had JUST started arena_well and pretty much everyone RTVed.

I figure if we just have an arena every 5 maps, that'd be fine with me and would be a small enough number for the people who don't like it.