OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Ha ha ha, I got the "Puncher" award on HLStatsX yesterday when Tensei was playing silly music. I didn't realize we had been doing it long enough for me to punch out more people than anyone else on the server for the rest of the day.

I was horrible last night. Couldn't catch a break. The weird thing was that I was so bad that it went beyond being frustrating and went into hilarious category. It became one of those "TF2 Failure" videos (that aren't good enough to link here) that show how to fail at each class.

Fastlane and Turbine are OK, but there are so many awesome maps, OK is not good enough. Needs moar warpath.

Also, I'm in the mood to play some custom maps soon. Not sure if that means we should add some to the rotation or just have a day of custom maps, but either way, I'd like to play and explore those with other OCR people.

I went from a Radeon 9600 to a 9800. It's not that the 9800 is a great card or anything, just that the 9600 is a shitty one. I think it barely qualified for the minimum requirements, so playing even slightly above that is a huge improvement.

i played on a 9200 for a long time before i went to my hd 4870

i played on a 9200 for a long time before i went to my hd 4870

I played for a while on a Radeon 9800 Pro... unfortunately, said computer only had 1GB of RAM, which made the game kinda painful, as the load time for TF2 was somewhere over 5 minutes.

P.S. I missed playing last night and I'll probably miss tonight as well thanks to college assignments. Writing raw SQL and/or Oracle stored procedures is so much fun!!!1111

It's funny that fastlane is hated by people who, as far as I can tell, are predominantly pyro users (which makes sense, really, loads of open spaces, not enough chokepoints for ambushes, etc.) whereas I usually play scout or medic on it and get awesome runs. :D

I usually do better as Pyro than most other classes on Fastlane. Engineer is nigh-on unplayable, and thats the main reason i hate it.

It is a good scout map, ill grant you that much.

Um, Bahamut just said he gets no slowdowns whatsoever.

I bet Bahamut's never played on a 32-player low-grav instant-respawn 2fort server before. When everybody is out in the middle shooting at eachother, yeah, even two 8800GT's in SLI will have trouble rendering all of that.

I bet Bahamut's never played on a 32-player low-grav instant-respawn 2fort server before. When everybody is out in the middle shooting at eachother, yeah, even two 8800GT's in SLI will have trouble rendering all of that.

Why would I play on a low-grav server? I've done all of the other bits just fine though (32 player instant respawn dustbowl and 2fort).