OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

[02:01:07] <atmuh> [01:58:02] <atmuh> CAN I PLEASE BE UNBANNED FROM #OCRTF2 FOR THREE MINUTES I NEED TO LODGE A COMPLAINT

[02:05:17] <atmuh> see this is why the number like 7th most frequent player on the server shouldnt be banned from the irc channel

[02:05:21] <atmuh> when an admin is needed

[02:05:25] <atmuh> HE CANT ASK

Not all the server admins hang out in #OCRTF2, though.

There was this kid in the server a few days ago saying that he didn't understand what the "replacing the e with an h" meme was all about. He thought Dhsu was just an intentional misspelling of Desu at first, and I was pretty amused when everybody was telling him it was your real name, David Hsu, shortened.

Wow, rotation's getting pretty long. Looks fine to me though.

There was this kid in the server a few days ago saying that he didn't understand what the "replacing the e with an h" meme was all about. He thought Dhsu was just an intentional misspelling of Desu at first, and I was pretty amused when everybody was telling him it was your real name, David Hsu, shortened.

Haha, I'm not sure how I came up as the topic of conversation, but that's pretty funny.

So here's the tweaked up server rotation:

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

cp_dustbowl

ctf_royal_b3

cp_gravelpit

cp_granary

pl_badwater

arena_ravine

ctf_2fort

cp_steel

cp_dustbowl

pl_badwater

cp_well

ctf_mach4

cp_badlands

tc_hydro

pl_dustbowl_b4

Thoughts?

I remember back in the day, there was one map in rotation. And 5 people in the server at a single time was a really big crowd. You kids nowadays have it so easy.

I remember back in the day, there was one map in rotation. And 5 people in the server at a single time was a really big crowd. You kids nowadays have it so easy.

And don't forget how you had to walk 20 miles uphill barefoot while a blizzard was raging to even get to the map. Oh and we didn't have all those fancy 'rocket launchers' and 'scatterguns', we made our own weapons out of sticks and potatoes and we had more fun with them than you darn kids nowadays do.

And don't forget how you had to walk 20 miles uphill barefoot while a blizzard was raging to even get to the map. Oh and we didn't have all those fancy 'rocket launchers' and 'scatterguns', we made our own weapons out of sticks and potatoes and we had more fun with them than you darn kids nowadays do.

oh man, lol :D

ROTATION: Could you please move the placement of Goldrush so that it is not next to Dustbowl? I feel these maps are very similar in that everyone is very familiar with them, even if one is Payload and the other is Capture Point. Other than that, I'm OK with it. Thanks!
This.

Also, @ Tensei/Rambo: i lolled.

You don't like Badwater, Atmuh? At first I didn't really care for it, but it's grown on me a bit...

One map I'm not particularly fond of is the PL Dustbowl map...it's cool and everything, but everytime I play it I feel like I'd rather just play Dustbowl (which is a BIG deal, considering how much that map is 'meh' for me).

You don't like Badwater, Atmuh? At first I didn't really care for it, but it's grown on me a bit...

One map I'm not particularly fond of is the PL Dustbowl map...it's cool and everything, but everytime I play it I feel like I'd rather just play Dustbowl (which is a BIG deal, considering how much that map is 'meh' for me).

ya change pl dustbowl to cp dustbowl

ROTATION: Could you please move the placement of Goldrush so that it is not next to Dustbowl? I feel these maps are very similar in that everyone is very familiar with them, even if one is Payload and the other is Capture Point. Other than that, I'm OK with it. Thanks!

This and also maybe move a couple things around so we don't have two cp maps right after each other.

Also I know this might be too much work but I'd really prefer several smaller rotations that get swapped out on different nights. Right now you have to wait almost 10 hours to play a map if you can't get people to vote.

Ohh god that Requium4u kid was really obnoxious... but I did have fun insulting him, and I know Bonzai had some good laughs as well.

hahaha yeah, that kid was so annoying, but worth the lulz :D what did someone say about him?

"That kid fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. And then climbed back up and fell off again."

Alright, so here's the mapcycle for now:

pl_badwater

arena_lumberyard

cp_dustbowl

ctf_royal_b3

cp_granary

pl_badwater

arena_ravine

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_2fort

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_steel

pl_badwater

cp_well

ctf_mach4

cp_badlands

tc_hydro

pl_dustbowl_b4

ctf_turbine

Sometime in the next few days we can change it to smaller rotations if people like, with suggestions by you guys of course.