OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Yeah, but whats even the point of having stats if you are gonna reset them every few months? That doesn't give you an accurate list of how people are playing or have ever played. Sounds to me like some newbies were bitching about how they can't make number 1 in like 2 weeks so they pitched a fit.

OH COME ON TWO MORE PEOPLE JOIN THE SERVER SO I CAN GET THREE POINTS AND BE NUMBER TWO ON THE SERVER FOR ONCE

please...

ok preserved because this is pretty much the only time itll ever happen

number2xa7.png

fyi about an hour of that was messing around with 5 people on dustbowl with no stats taken

Just finished a new release of my map, ctp_epsilon_a2, I did some simple texturing, not a lot of detail, but it's a start. I also fixed up some gameplay quirks and added a better HUD. Check it out if you get the chance, it's best played with a mostly full server as it's a large map. If you have any suggestions let me know. And if Bahamut could replace the previous a1 version with this one, that would be great thanks!

download link + pictures; http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=632

Look forward to trying it out, Zephyr.

I really don't mind working my way back up, as long as my kill to death and overall stats are kept on there..

Oh, shit. They're not. I wasn't even trying to be a douche, either, I honestly thought I saw that they were still on there.

Now I'm kinda irritated. I understand setting the whole points thing over again at zero, but was it necessary to take out all the other stuff too?

Just finished a new release of my map, ctp_epsilon_a2, I did some simple texturing, not a lot of detail, but it's a start. I also fixed up some gameplay quirks and added a better HUD. Check it out if you get the chance, it's best played with a mostly full server as it's a large map. If you have any suggestions let me know. And if Bahamut could replace the previous a1 version with this one, that would be great thanks!

download link + pictures; http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=632

OK, I've replaced a1 with a2 on the server and download mirror.

Edit: I'm not sure if the server has to change maps or be reloaded before it appears in the Admin selection list and rtv list, though.

Look forward to trying it out, Zephyr.

I really don't mind working my way back up, as long as my kill to death and overall stats are kept on there..

Oh, shit. They're not. I wasn't even trying to be a douche, either, I honestly thought I saw that they were still on there.

Now I'm kinda irritated. I understand setting the whole points thing over again at zero, but was it necessary to take out all the other stuff too?

as i said i wouldnt have minded ok thats a lie i still would but i would have been less angry if there was some warning in some way or if it was posed to the community as a possibility

Guess you were just there at the wrong time because before you logged in to the server we had at least a couple plays on Steel.

i played almost 10 hours in 2 days but didnt play steel once

at least there was plenty of dustbowl

ok so you probably hear me complain about pretty much every map but thats because the only maps i really really like are 2fort (ya i like it now) steel dustbowl goldrush gravel pit hydro and well (cp)

used to be the best when these were the only maps in the rotation ):

at least get the terrible crap like badlands mach4 fastlane royal (ok it looks cool but its pretty dumb for a ctf map) and EVERY ARENA MAP (because not only are they terrible but they are also pretty good at getting people to quit) off of there

So, I changed the current map rotation to this:

pl_badwater

cp_dustbowl

ctp_epsilon_a2

cp_granary

pl_badwater

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_2fort

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_steel

pl_badwater

cp_well

ctf_royal_b3

cp_badlands

tc_hydro

pl_dustbowl_b4

ctf_turbine

I've noticed that a lot of people don't like the arena maps, and there tends to be a lot of bitching in them, so for now I removed the two unique arena maps from the rotation. In addition, I switched mach4 for royal, and where royal originally was for ctp_epsilon_a2