OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Hopefully epsilon works out alright, I'm looking forward to any critique you guys can give me for it. Even if it ends up Uber Fail I'll fix it until it works. Hope I get to play on it with you guys soon, but I'll be gone for a day and a half..

Rotation looks perfect to me.

I must say I am really happy with the current map rotation, and much to Atmuh's dismay, I really don't mind the Arena maps. Typically I will just commentate and that usually makes other folks not mind arena mode so bad.

Is the IP gonna change if OCR's server moves to a different one Wes?

I still need a sig made but no one loves me >_<.

I must say I am really happy with the current map rotation, and much to Atmuh's dismay, I really don't mind the Arena maps. Typically I will just commentate and that usually makes other folks not mind arena mode so bad.

Is the IP gonna change if OCR's server moves to a different one Wes?

I still need a sig made but no one loves me >_<.

Yeah, the IP will change, and it will be posted here and in the first post as well.

only issue i have with that is badwater is there 3 times with gold rush and steel only one apiece

itd be nice if one of those badwaters switched to goldrush or steel

anyways im sure many people agree with me when i say THANK YOU FOR REMOVING ARENA

also once again edgecrusher fails at making some kind of joke or smth because it wasnt a matter of removing arena because i personally hate it but when you have a gametype that makes some server admins quit i think you have a problem

Just played some Epsilon. Overall I think it's a great map, but I've gotta say, it's a little tilted in favor of scouts, especially since you can run straight out of the intel room towards the center point. I feel like there should be a little more winding going on.

On the flip side, it does lend itself more to shorter games.

It goes MUCH quicker than I thought it was going to...

OK, here are my suggestions for Epsilon:

~Fix the ladders. (We've talked about this already, though, and it's not likely to happen, haha.) Same goes for the correct CTF animations, etc. Onward to stuff we HAVEN'T talked about.

~It may be a good idea to make it so that the intel can only be capped if your team is in COMPLETE control of the point (i.e., if red has the intel and is running back to a red controlled point that blue is currently capping, they shouldn't be able to cap the point since it's well on it's way to being blue's).

~The doors are pretty buggy. They don't seem to like opening.

~This probably wouldn't work, but what if everytime the intel was capped, the point had to be recaptured? As it is, it seems the basic strategy is rush the point and get it, then wait around while the scouts go to grab the intel.

Rock'n'Roll Martian says that he thinks it might need to be thinner. He also pointed out that you can't actually get up to the point without going left...which didn't really make much of a difference to me, but it's something worth noting. He also points out that there are a lot of windows in the point room, making it absurdly easy for Demos to spam things in there.

I agree with most everyone else in that it is incredibly scout dominated right now.

Also: the new server is really, really rubber-bandy. [Edit:] What was wrong with the other one?

I actually really liked the giant "THE FLAG IS HERE" bars shooting up into the sky, especially since I doubt there are other alternatives to figure out where you're going.

I agree on using some "no build" zones in a couple of places.

I also like the idea of needing to recap the point, which would slightly lengthen the time it takes to get from "I just capped" to "I just capped again before you could fix anything."

As a whole though, I like it. Of course, I love most custom maps. I'm not sure I'd play a class other than Scout or Engineer though.

Thanks for all the critique guys, I'll start working on it right away.

A few questions:

I can definitely cause the capturing team to need to recap, but should I make the base neutral, or the opposing team?

Where exactly should I nobuild so engies still have a purpose, but don't completely dominate?

Should I change anything to do with the score HUD or the huge color bars on the flags? (I can't use the CTF Hud, the cp hud overrides it)

Any specific suggestions to nerf scouts on the map (I can make the windows a little to small for them and maybe block off the main middle ground path somehow)

Thanks for playing it! :razz:

I made this;

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=451721#post451721

I think, for the recapping thing....well, I'm not sure.

The idea is to make it a difficult thing to do for the team that just capped, but the odds are that they're going to be there regardless. Hm...

/shrugs

And Cave is not better than Badwater. Cave is probably amongst the worst custom maps, IMO.

I think, for the recapping thing....well, I'm not sure.

The idea is to make it a difficult thing to do for the team that just capped, but the odds are that they're going to be there regardless. Hm...

/shrugs

And Cave is not better than Badwater. Cave is probably amongst the worst custom maps, IMO.

and badwater is the most overrated official map