OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I missed a few pages of text, so I'm going to be commenting on some things that are FAR in the past.

Crits allow a player who might not be the greatest soldier or demoman to manage to kill someone like Vahn or Sensai when, under normal circumstances, that should happen 0% of the time. It just so happens that our server is regularly populated by a handful of amazing players that are quite dominant, but we also have a ton of fairly unskilled players. Take out crits and the playing field becomes even more uneven.
I'm flattered that my namewas up in there with Vahn's, although it was probably 'cause you just read it. :-D

And you're right, I agree with you on this point. Crits are good for putting in the surprise and all that into fights. I'm not against the idea of crits, I'm against the fact that if a soldier doesn't shoot a crit once every 4 rockets, he'll likely be surprised. Crits should not happen as often as they do (we're talking about soldiers here, and to an extent engineers). Pretty much every other class' crits I'm completely fine with, but these two classes seem to crit about 25% of the time.

i really think crits are fine. It sucks to be on the wrong end of one, but it's just as awesome to be on the right end.
Really? I get 0 satisfaction from killing someone with a crit, usually apologizing to said person. It's completely unfun for me. Why would it be? Oh, sure, I got lucky and you got screwed. Haha, great times!
There's not much point in playing Soldier instead of Heavy if crits are off because Heavies then do more damage than Soldiers in the same amount of time...
Heavies have to spin their gun up, which takes about 2 seconds, right? At least a second and a half. Soldiers are able to shoot a rocket at you that does a ton of damage. Heavies are much easier to take out by spies, snipers, pyros (for me, at least), etc. That lack of mobility while attacking is a BIG deal. Simply sticking a medic on the heavy does not make it a busted combo, either...it just may mean you have to focus fire on them a bit more then we're used to.
I see a lot of people bitch about "Damn critted again" or "I keep dying by crits". I get killed by a crit maybe once or twice a full map. I don't see how people are getting hit that much, unless they are just overreacting to getting shot.
You must be the luckiest person ever. I'm not getting killed at 50%, but I honestly would say about 35% if not a little higher.
Also, I whine about crits when theyre ONE of the factors that made me die, i.e. a scout crit scatterguns me and then finishes me off with a normal shot. It's just as annoying.
Same. I'll point it out to someone who'll laugh about it with me even if I were dead regardless (you, Bahamut, other crit lovers), but I try to keep my bitching to a minimum concerning crits.

And Atmuh, hurry back!

OK, I'm done. Such a long post, sorry about that.

okay so we just got done playing Cyberpunk with low grav and a bunch of scouts and needless to say it was pretty much the best thing

like I said in the game I'm going to try and jimmy up a CP version, where the two big towers are control points

edit: on second thought I might just make a map based on that idea

Bunch of whiners complaining about crits, if you get killed by a crit shot it's just part of the game, not lucky or random. It's almost like I don't notice getting killed by a crit anymore, I mean that's how little it matters when I get hit by one and die. I mean besides just being really saitsfying blowing somebody away with your own crit, it makes for interesting fights. Taking down a heavy after charging him as an engie out of frustration with the wrench is just awesome. Soldier and demo crits I can understand getting upset about sometimes but scouts and engies? They're so weak that if they didn't crit so often they'd lose everytime in a fight.

No crits is just lame, all crits are fucking stupid. The crits how they are right now are perfect.

Don't like crits? Go play Counter-Strike or something.

okay so we just got done playing Cyberpunk with low grav and a bunch of scouts and needless to say it was pretty much the best thing

like I said in the game I'm going to try and jimmy up a CP version, where the two big towers are control points

edit: on second thought I might just make a map based on that idea

The CP version they already run on 4chan's server is good enough for it.

The CP version they already run on 4chan's server is good enough for it.

Google doesn't seem to know where to find cp_cyberpunk, so unless they're running it all the time, beats me as to how to get it.

of course the first freaking night im off is when you guys play the map ive been asking to play for months

We played it a few nights ago, too.

Im uploading cp_cyberpunk to rapidshare, posting the link as soon as its done.

edit: http://rapidshare.com/files/147213522/cp_cyberpunk.bsp.html

I'm downloading it, but Rapidshare purposely slows down downloads on free accounts... and they won't let me pull it directly to the server, so I have to turn around and upload it again after that.

Oh well, it'll probably be done sometime later today.

I'm downloading it, but Rapidshare purposely slows down downloads on free accounts... and they won't let me pull it directly to the server, so I have to turn around and upload it again after that.

Oh well, it'll probably be done sometime later today.

Replying to myself is bad, but I've finished downloading it to my machine, compressed it to a .bz2 file and am uploading that to the download mirror. From there, I'll uncompress it again (keeping the compressed version too) and upload it to the game server.