OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I had the most amazing run as medic tonight. Dustbowl, Round 3, 1st Point, played RED. We defended the 1st point. I didn't die once, and I managed to pop something like 5 or 6 ubers before we won the round.

EDIT: Scratch that; according to my steam stats, I did 9 ubers. D:

Trying to upstage me are you Darke? Cause you did >_<.

So sad now.

Removing crits would reduce the attendance of games moreso than leaving them as they are. OCReMix is a website about the creation and appreciation of video game music as opposed to, say, tournament quality FPS gameplay. I'm pretty sure this is the OCR server, and the average OCR community member is not a pro at FPS / TF2. If the vocal skill people want to remain vocal, they might want to play where the skill level is more challenging for them.

I'm loving this game.

Hey I heard there's this site called OkraMix or something. Supposedly it has free music. Something about lame ass video game tunes or something. You can even use the music other places as long as you post where you got it from and who did it and stuff. I dunno if that's true or not, it's just some rumor I heard once.

ALSO: I need to quit work and play more TF2. It's been a long time since I could play.

<whiny post about working 10.5 hours last night until 3:30 a.m. has been moved to LiveJournal>

POST-ALSO: Is HLStatsX down right now or something? I'm trying to check stats but all I get is a blank page.

Just got done lookin' around HLStatsX. It's actually incredibly interesting.

I account for about 1/6th of all Axtinguisher kills on the server (33/185). I'm honored.

Not as interesting, kinda saddening actually, I accout for about a 10th of the backstabs on the server too (352/3667). I need to play other classes more.

9 ubers in one life? God DAMN, DarkeSword...you're some kinda Medic messiah.

Damn right he is. That was a *blast.* I probably got four or five of those ubers. It was totally freaking awesome.

Thanks to him, I got my best round ever as a Soldier. On one of those lives I broke 2,600 damage dealt, which may not be a lot to some of the best soldier players out there, but for me it was a new record. That whole thing could NOT have gone better.

Just got off the server...

...'cause I couldn't hear myself think. I'm not sure anyone else was on that frequents the forums (Presh was, but does he show up here?), but it was probably the loudest I think it's ever gotten in there.

At any given moment, there were at least 3 people talking and another mic spamming. I'm not making this up. It was bad.

Just got off the server...

...'cause I couldn't hear myself think. I'm not sure anyone else was on that frequents the forums (Presh was, but does he show up here?), but it was probably the loudest I think it's ever gotten in there.

At any given moment, there were at least 3 people talking and another mic spamming. I'm not making this up. It was bad.

I'm not sure why the server's had Alltalk on so often lately. I can see it for arena mode because Brushfire likes to act as announcer. However, during a normal game with, say, teams of 5 or more, it gets annoying. You have no idea if it's your team talking when saying things like "Spy is pyro." It also negates using chat for planning strategy (like "lets uber two heavies and go through the tunnel to take out their snipers" (think Dustbowl)) because then the enemy will be waiting for you with their own ubers.

You could use it for misdirection, but you're just as likely to misdirect your own team because of it.

Earlier today on Turbine, there was enough chatter that you couldn't even hear the tell-tale beeping of sentry guns when you got near them. As Scout, I killed myself at least once dropping into an intel room that had sentries I didn't know were there because I couldn't hear them. This incidentally is the time Sensai is talking about.

All talk can be fun sometimes... but people on this server don't know when to shut it off, if there are small teams or if the server is half full it's acceptable. When the game is full or near full there really isn't any reason to keep it on because it just kills the whole strategy aspect.

but not the fun aspect

Alltalk's a mixed bag. The conversations can be funny, but the other day my team wasn't saying much, while the other team kept bragging about their kills and it was just annoying. Is there a way to call a vote for it?

Also, something I've been wondering. Are the admin powers (map changing and the like) just handed out at Bahamut's personal discretion or do all reserve slot folks have those? If not, who are the admins exactly?