OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I just finished uploading ctp_epsilon_a3,

Download:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=709

Thread:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4019

Hopefully we can try it out on the server sometime.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

a3 has now been uploaded to the server and file mirror. a2 has been removed.

On a side note, I'm surprised that a3 is smaller than a2.

I'm not going to be on pretty much at all this weekend as I've gotta spend time with the girl.

Also, I haven't been on the past few days because FFIV is really good. Seriously. I want them to remake it on something that'll convey emotion better than the DS...it's probably one of my favorite Final Fantasies, TBH.

FFIV is fun, but it doesn't seem to have as high of a production value as the FFIII remake. I just can't quite come to accept Cecil's voice in either English or Japanese either. Regardless, it's lots of fun.

It was a blast last night, server wasn't full at any time, but the combination of the personalities on made for a fun game.

It was a blast last night, server wasn't full at any time, but the combination of the personalities on made for a fun game.

BTW, Welcome to the OCR forums! Enjoy your stay! :<

I am going to be playing less TF2. I might still get on occasionally, but it's just not as fun for me as it used to be. I think I finally burned myself out. On the plus side, I can finally start playing those other games I've paid for a long time ago, such as Okami, Disgaea, No More Heroes, the Japanese Elite Beat Agents, Trauma Center 2, and so on, etc.

Server idea: Perhaps we should bring back / reinforce official game times and dates? I really miss when lots of OCR people would show up at the same time, as opposed to "I wonder if anyone's on right now..."

I support Chadly's idea. I'd like to just play with OCR people from time to time. It tends to be more fun, and I like playing with people I somewhat know. To me, it makes the games that much more fun. Also, it's like the days when Bahamut's crit rockets would home in on my face. Every time. XD

And why aren't you already playing Disgaea, Chadly? Get on it! *Laughs*

Server idea: Perhaps we should bring back / reinforce official game times and dates? I really miss when lots of OCR people would show up at the same time, as opposed to "I wonder if anyone's on right now..."

Well, the topic still says something about 9pm... I've always assumed that was EDT.

Of course, I have no power to change the topic here.

No preference here (other than being busy Wednesday nights).

Also, I've noticed lately that the server population tends to drop heavily whenever the two custom maps in our rotation come up.

Since we're currently having problems getting enough players for games, I propose that these be removed from the map cycle, at least temporarily.

I know that even last week, among our regulars, pl_cave_b6 often gets enough rtvs to vote away from it as soon as it came up.

Last night, when pl_dustbowl_b4 came up, we dropped down to 8 players. I want to say we had double that at the end of the previous map, cp_steel.