OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

For the scout, I'd suggest maybe a bat. Spy... ... a silhouette of his head? Yeah, that one, I dunno. But it looks like it'll be pretty darn awesome.

I hope tomorrow night fills up like tonight did. Fun fun... especially being invisible for an eternity.

... oh, and Level 3 teleporters are ridiculously cheap. All ya need is one, and you can get 5 people up to the frontlines within 15 seconds. So broken... level 2 should be the max extent to how fast it can recharge.

Dispensers are just nice now. I wouldn't consider the level 3 version cheap at all.

Valve's also taking suggestions as to what the Scout upgrades will be.

I think Scouts should regain some of their TFC abilities... Caltrops and the ability to undisguise a Spy by touching them.

Unfortunately, neither of these help against a Sentry Gun, which is Scout's greatest weakness.

Didn't they also used to have a radar of some kind? That would be a decent addition, especially if it showed engie buildings. I dunno about the spy thing, you can tell that they're spies when you run into them anyways, no need to totally disarm the spy.

Didn't they also used to have a radar of some kind? That would be a decent addition, especially if it showed engie buildings. I dunno about the spy thing, you can tell that they're spies when you run into them anyways, no need to totally disarm the spy.

Scout touch decloaking a Spy would cause all sorts of havoc near your team's sentry guns.

Maybe the other melee weapon for the scout could be something that un-disguises a spy, but does less damage, doesn't crit, attacks slower, something like that.

I don't think the scout needs anything to counter SGs, either. Despite what some people seem to think, there should still be counters to every class even after the update.

Yes, the scout most definitely will not be buffed vs Sentryguns, it would be plain stupid (similar to giving spies a flame-resistant suit). What I hope to see is a scout that doesn't have to depend on hit an run tactics as much in a chokepoint-filled map like dustbowl and gold rush (the developer have expressed similar intents), so a replacement for the scattergun that is effective at dealing consistent damage on mid/close range, rather than dealing big chunks of damage at once, would be great. Maybe an assault rifle of sorts?

The point is this would make the pistol kind of useless, except for when you run out of ammo. The replacement could be something along the lines of a health-bar detector, which, when you think about it, is quite more useful than it may seem, allowing you to pick out the weakened targets of the enemy team, and generally being quite useful for fulfilling the scout role.

As for the bat? I don't know, maybe one that does half damage normally, but auto-crits when you're carrying the flag/capturing a CP?

The problem with that is the bat does half damage anyway. It swings twice as fast as the other melee weapons, so it's the same DPS, but... anyway, capping and intel running for auto-crits? Too specific. What are you supposed to do with it on Payload or if you're on the Defending team in Dustbowl?

I like the idea of an HP detector and an assault rifle. The difficulty is balancing the latter. If it was effective at middle range, scouts might dominate the slower classes such as a non-Nastacha Heavy and Soldier by utilizing their superior speed even at range to pump them full of bullets. Part of the Scattergun's balance comes from its low effective range. The Scout can still run circles around the Soldiers and Heavies, but they have to get close to really be devastating, giving the Soldier and Heavy a chance to counter with their own, but less effective, shotguns. So... I dunno. The assault rifle would have to do middling damage at best to really not break the slower classes.

Saw something weird today, on the death-spectator, it allowed me to see the other team, I'm not sure if this was a server setting or a new patch glitch...

As I recall, there's a server setting to do it.

So, what's today's password, or is it still "bacon" or are we not doing that this weekend.

P.S. TF2 is only $9.99 on Steam this weekend.