OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Oh, I probably should have said this. I'm back home, and since I still get about 30 fps when everything is on low and an 800x600 resolution, on top of a shitty connection, it makes playing this game annoying. Still a pretty good pyro tho icon_smarmy.gif. I should be back whenever school gets back in session, and I'll be back a lot more frequently since my course load for next semester is incredibly light.

I'll try to make OCR saturdays as often as I'm making atmuh's arena awesome fridays (which, as the title suggest, are awesome, and commentated, and no micspam!), but there's no promises.

Baha, I'll probably be sending my renewment for slot-reservation in january, when I get back to the university.

Happy holidays everyone!

yeah, we've been scheduling impromptu play times over #ocremix lately, working good so far, good rounds tonight everyone.

Pssh, I rarely go to #ocremix. Mention them here, too! At least then I'd get a notice in my email because I subscribe to this topic.

i'm pretty sure it's "team fortress classic," which if i'm not mistaken is the mod of the original half-life deathmatch? i wasn't into pc gaming back then so i might have it wrong :S

Yeah... TFC is a port of TF1 to Half-Life's engine.

Most versions of Half-Life shipped with it in the box... the same box that advertised the then-upcoming Team Fortress 2 on it.

So Atma linked me to this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=74130&page=5

Do you all think this would be a good addition? We have alltalk on all the time now, so it may not, but it is a nifty plugin.

It's really nice on Atmuh's server. It's quite bothersome to only be able to text chat amongst the dead.

Powerlord, I was going to post that very clip, but figured I'd show some restraint. Speaking of:

Meet the Gumby Sliding Medic

Pointless video and it's nothing new, but I wanted to record it nontheless. 1-2 people here may hear themselves in this one.

So Atma linked me to this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=74130&page=5

Do you all think this would be a good addition? We have alltalk on all the time now, so it may not, but it is a nifty plugin.

Sounds like a good idea, particularly since it's controlled by sv_alltalk.

Oh, on an unrelated note, there's a new version of Metamod: Source out, but I haven't installed it. I don't think it's that critical, it's just an update to make it work with Left 4 Dead.

So many times I've wanted to do that. You die and all you can do is helplessly watch your team mates fall one by one. By the time you respawn the damage is already done.

This is also why it's important that this mod uses sv_alltalk as its controlling variable, as if alltalk is off, talking acts the same way as death typing (only dead people can hear it).