OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

PRE PRODUCTION PATCH IS IN!!!

Take a look guys:

tmac-ap14022.jpg

I have also suggested this to improve it.

"There are only a couple of issues that I can think of at the moment. I like the color that the RPG is (Second Circle from the right). If you could make all of the symbols that color I think it would make them “pop” more if you know what I mean. I would also like to switch the RPG with the flame circle, and have the top portion of the flame colored the same shade of red that the color of the left background field in the symbol circles. The last thing is to flip a couple of symbols to face a different direction. The bat, the RPG, and the wrench should be facing towards the edge of the patch. Example: Bat flip to where it is facing to the left, RPG in it’s new position facing to the left, and the wrench facing to the right."

If ya'll can think of anymore improvments, I want to hear them.

K, thoughts, although I'm guessing it's probably too late to incorporate any of these...

- I like the new rocket icon! :nicework:

- Like people mentioned already, bat needs to be thicker.

- I still think the Commie fist doesn't really fit the Heavy. It's a really recognizable symbol, and while it does kinda make sense, it doesn't represent punching or anything.

- Still meh on the stick of dynamite. A blast icon or even Bob-omb type thing would work better I think. A sticky would be ideal.

- Actually I still don't understand why we can't just use the official death icons like HLStats does.

- In any case, it kinda bothers me that the icons are so inconsistent with each other. IMO they should be either all primary weapon icons (except engie and spy, which would use sentry and mask) or all melee weapon icons.

- The screws are kinda tacky-looking in the prototype IMO. I'd get rid of them.

- I actually think the OCR logo should be moved down. Even though it's nice to have the text in the middle of the TF2 logo, they're both circular logos and it's funky-looking to have them off-center from each other like that.

Yay for belated feedback!

K, thoughts, although I'm guessing it's probably too late to incorporate any of these...

- I like the new rocket icon! :nicework:

- Like people mentioned already, bat needs to be thicker.

- I still think the Commie fist doesn't really fit the Heavy. It's a really recognizable symbol, and while it does kinda make sense, it doesn't represent punching or anything.

- Still meh on the stick of dynamite. A blast icon or even Bob-omb type thing would work better I think. A sticky would be ideal.

- Actually I still don't understand why we can't just use the official death icons like HLStats does.

- In any case, it kinda bothers me that the icons are so inconsistent with each other. IMO they should be either all primary weapon icons (except engie and spy, which would use sentry and mask) or all melee weapon icons.

- The screws are kinda tacky-looking in the prototype IMO. I'd get rid of them.

- I actually think the OCR logo should be moved down. Even though it's nice to have the text in the middle of the TF2 logo, they're both circular logos and it's funky-looking to have them off-center from each other like that.

Yay for belated feedback!

Below find a listed response for each item.

1. I like it too, had to come up with it in Paint about 5 mins before work ended. I think I did great for a time crunch. (Despite the fact I could have brought the project home.

2. I need to come up with something, rest assured.

3. Communism is Russian for punching isn't it.

4. I think I might change it to a Sticky Bomb, but the dynamite is what the Demo has in game so I dunno.

5. Copyright infringement perhaps?

6. I was going for what the symbols on the patches in game were.

7. Yeah, They gotta go.

8. I dunno. I will get them to make a new prototype and see how it looks.

In other ideas, what do ya'll think about moving the text at the bottom up, to try to break up the large field of yellow at the bottom of the patch.

3. Communism is Russian for punching isn't it.

*sigh*

Well, the Heavy patch has a fist pointing towards you (in the art that I looked at), so use that instead. There's plenty of good images of that too (like the 6 of them show up on the first page of results for "vector fist").

4. I think I might change it to a Sticky Bomb, but the dynamite is what the Demo has in game so I dunno.

Actually in the some art the demo has one of those spherical bombs (i.e. "Bob-omb" type like I was saying). Those are easy to find too.

Edit: The round bomb graphic is in the trading cards. The in-game patch has a thicker stick and the fuse is long and kinda curls around.

5. Copyright infringement perhaps?

You're already using the TF2 logo. :P

6. I was going for what the symbols on the patches in game were.

Ah, gotcha. Well in that case, the Spy patch should actually be blank(!) (Edit: N/m, that was really old art.)

In other ideas, what do ya'll think about moving the text at the bottom up, to try to break up the large field of yellow at the bottom of the patch.

I'm down with that.

Edit: On an unrelated note, this is pretty awesome!

tf2groupzf9.jpg

http://tomtallian.com/

Might help Gman with her framerate problems. :D

Welp, the compy doctor called. The prognosis is bleak. There's not much they can do...

The motherboard is fried. As is the power supply.

My computer was 17 months old. I had a 1-year warranty. :banghead:

Further discussions on my computer will be in another topic.

In this topic, TF2 is fun. I miss it. I miss all of you. But I don't miss you with my sentry gun. :<

EDIT: Here is the new topic for my much-needed computer help. Thanks.

The server managed to not have the long map load-time bug while I was on last night.

Rumor has it that Valve is going to release a fix for that bug very soon.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, sometimes the server will take in excess of 30 seconds to switch maps, which disconnects everyone due to the automatic timeout.

Nice patch, Brushfire. The only suggestion I would make, that hasn't been said, is that maybe the letters would be more noticeable if they were filled in, rather then just an outline.

Might help Gman with her framerate problems. :D

Thank you for the thought, however I have a new computer now, so frame rate isn't a problem anymore.

Too bad you can't use those though, I would love to see them in action.

Nice patch, Brushfire. The only suggestion I would make, that hasn't been said, is that maybe the letters would be more noticeable if they were filled in, rather then just an outline.

I thought about doing that, but I am afraid that the text would be too small and nearly unreadable if the letters were colored in.

I'll talk to the company and see what would happen.

Yeah I am really trying to get them to fix the bat because it currently looks like a stick with a handle on it. That is UNACCEPTABLE. The millions on our server who play scout solely to piss me off, will in turn, be pissed of at me for not representing them properly.

Still waiting for Prototype Patch version 1.5 from the company.

I'm going to be retarded and turn my chipmunk sound effects on. So when I hear you guys talk, you'll all sound like chipmunks. And then I'll keep my mic on so that you'll hear what you sound like. Originally, these effects wouldn't work in game, but I managed to get 'em working.

Also Brushfire, that... whatever that "STOP!" blah blah blah is will be frigin' hilarious chipmunked (all chipmunk really is is raising the pitch by a 7th... I can have it altered up and down an octave and anywhere in between).

EDIT: Ok... that was the one and only time I got it working. Fail.

I'm going to be retarded and turn my chipmunk sound effects on. So when I hear you guys talk, you'll all sound like chipmunks. And then I'll keep my mic on so that you'll hear what you sound like. Originally, these effects wouldn't work in game, but I managed to get 'em working.

Also Brushfire, that... whatever that "STOP!" blah blah blah is will be frigin' hilarious chipmunked (all chipmunk really is is raising the pitch by a 7th... I can have it altered up and down an octave and anywhere in between).

EDIT: Ok... that was the one and only time I got it working. Fail.

heh, I was using a voice altering program to make myself sound like a squirrel. Since you said the effects originally wouldn't work in-game, I guess you aren't using MorphVOX then?