OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

heh, I was using a voice altering program to make myself sound like a squirrel. Since you said the effects originally wouldn't work in-game, I guess you aren't using MorphVOX then?

No clue what that is. The crazy effects I've got come from my sound system (yay Creative Labs and whatever the crap this thing is called... 7.1 surround sound system pwns btw). I just set it up real fast ahead of time and it'll typically work for all music and videos I play, but when I load games up, it doesn't favor me anymore.

That was still awesome for the time it worked yesterday (it was a no heroes server... has all the "double kill, triple kill, dominating" effects on... you know how funny it would be chipmunked).

Actually, if someone wants to know what something would sound like chipmunked, I do have uhh... well, just bother me for something and I'll link it later.

There was another blog post today on the Official TF2 site. Apparently there will be a bugfix patch tomorrow and another patch later this changes where unlockable choices are stored.

They didn't say when the Scout update would be out, only that it's nearly complete and they are already starting work on the next patch.

Rumor has it that the Scout update will also include another new map, but I don't think that was actually confirmed.

Am I daft or was there also an update yesterday? When I went to run TF2, it started the updater and the first map I played on was Steel and I noticed that I could see many tiny Scouts feet under the BLU Battlements gate that leads to B and opens after setup. So it seems they've added a small gap under the gate from which you can see your opponents.

There were no update notes, though, I guess it would help if I went over to the Steam forum.

Am I daft or was there also an update yesterday? When I went to run TF2, it started the updater and the first map I played on was Steel and I noticed that I could see many tiny Scouts feet under the BLU Battlements gate that leads to B and opens after setup. So it seems they've added a small gap under the gate from which you can see your opponents.

There were no update notes, though, I guess it would help if I went over to the Steam forum.

No idea, I didn't play yesterday. I know there's supposed to be that map change fix this week (should have been today), but I'm in a computer lab right now and not at home to check it.

Hm, according to TF2wiki, the Scout emblem is actually a Talaria, which seems vaguely familiar even though I don't remember ever seeing it. You should definitely be able to find one of those pretty easily though, and in any case it'd be a lot better than our current stick-bat logo. :P

Wikipedia be damned. Those are Pegasus Boots.

So, anyway, patch notes.

The highlights:

'Changed AutoTeam to give new players to the attackers on attack/defend maps if the teams are even' <-- So, BLU always gains people first on PL and CP attack/defend if someone hits the Random button

'Fixed Natascha not getting the proper 75% of damage and slightly increased the strength of Natascha's slowdown'

'Fixed players getting stuck in the "prepare to respawn..." countdown loop'

'Fixed teleporter entrance/exit effects being drawn when they don't have a matching teleporter entrance/exit'

'Fixed cloaked spies having a particle-beam effect while standing next to a dispenser that's healing them' <-- :-D

'Fixed clients using reloadresponsesystems, sv_soundemitter_flush, sv_soundemitter_filecheck, sv_findsoundname, and sv_soundscape_printdebuginfo to lag/crash servers'

'Fixed client "timeout on mapchange" problem'

'Fixed setinfo exploit'

'Marked the r_aspectratio ConVar as a cheat'

and for map developers: 'Added flag to the gamerules entity so map authors can override the HUD type being used. Allows map authors to force CTF or CP HUD to be used if they mix CTF/CP entities in the map'

There is a slight problem even if ctp_epsilon is updated, though: 'Added check in CTF HUD to make sure it doesn't point at disabled capture zones when the player is carrying the flag. Allows map authors to have more than one capture zone for each team in the map'

Which means if ctp_epsilon is changed to CTF, it won't point anywhere when you're carrying the flag if the other team controls the point.

Note that I still haven't been home yet, so unless Bahamut has updated the server, it's still the old version.

Nice, I'm glad they finally fixed all of the tele particle effects. Interesting that they removed the dispenser tail to invisible spies too. Map-makers have been waiting for the HUD thing for a while too. I look forward to the scout update.

Ok, for those who weren't there today, I was spectating on Atmuh's server when I got an idea. I asked Atmuh to play the Superman Theme Music so I could become Super Medic.

Then the unbelievable happened.

I was able to infiltrate the enemy base, kill 2 pyros, take out a sentry, grab the intel, kill a scout, run into the middle part of Turbine, kill a sniper and a heavy, and run all the way back to base and cap untouched. This is prolly the single greatest thing I have ever done.

That is pretty sad if it is.

Ok, for those who weren't there today, I was spectating on Atmuh's server when I got an idea. I asked Atmuh to play the Superman Theme Music so I could become Super Medic.

I was able to infiltrate the enemy base, kill 2 pyros, take out a sentry, grab the intel, kill a scout, run into the middle part of Turbine, kill a sniper and a heavy, and run all the way back to base and cap untouched. This is prolly the single greatest thing I have ever done.

You just needed the appropriate music to bring out your true self! :<

I was on the other team, and frankly we sucked.

I was the only person to get any Intel captures for the entire map, iirc. Not only that, but BLU controlled the center of Turbine for almost the entire time in both rounds... although we only lost because the round timer ran out in the first round when the captures were 2 BLU, 1 RED. Map time ran out during round two.

I was laughing when someone on my team was telling me that "If you can't play spy, change classes!" (which I actually did, which is also why my score is so low... tried playing Demoman and Heavy, both of which I suck at), but then I realized a bit later that I was the only person up to that point who had gotten the Intel.

Edit: Here's my scoreboard file for said map.

It should be working now.

I heard from atmuh that Gameservers apparently no longer auto-reboots servers after applying updates, so it was probably on the new version after I told it to reboot.

On a side note, we can now set the default map for the server. Just to be different, I set it to pl_goldrush... but if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to say them.