OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Supposably the achievements have been leaked, leading to the revealing of the double barreled shotgun.

http://www.tf2blog.com/leaked-achievement-description.html

I want this:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/59031

heh, saw that Shamwow skin yesterday, cute. There is also a voice pack available that replaces the Scouts voice commands with Vince's. Here it is:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806313

Still am unsure how to feel about being able to stun people while they are Ubered.

By the by, the exploit mentioned here: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2262

Is that the exploit where you'd pick a class that the server has reached full capacity of and then switch classes in order to wield the weapons of the prior class you chose? For example, you'd pick Engie if the server had reached it's allowed limit of that class and then switch to say, Spy and then be able to use the Engies wrench and so forth? It was something like that anyways, just not sure if this is the exploit they were talking about. Would have liked to see a Spy with a flamethrower.

Guys, you realize they won't release the Scout update until my computer is fixed. They know my replacement motherboard is on its way, so that's why there was a big delay. Sorry, everyone.

And here I was thinking they were waiting for MY computer to get fixed.

....jeah, it broke. :-(

3. Well (CP) is designed with gates to block off the center point. Due to the way it's designed, only RED Scouts can get over the train cars blocking the center (using the lights). Otherwise, you have to rely on a Soldier/Demo to jump the boxcars or being able to shoot between the boxcar and wall.

You neglect to think of the presumed triple jump ability of scouts that will quite possibly become a reality when they get the double barreled shotgun.

Also, since these were leaked from a russian site the whole bunch has been translated over and so any inconsistencies with naming are void. Not saying they're legit, just that what you said about Well (cp) is irrelevant because of that.

I probably won't be around when the patch hits - will Powerlord or Brushfire be around to update the server?

I should be around to update the server when the time comes. I should getting off work about an hour before they usually push these updates.

No worries mate!

Since it was leaked they went ahead and posted the Achievements descriptions.

The Double barrel Shotgun is called the Force-A-Nature.

Yeah but they were still basically industrial complexes that were a front for a secret organization bent on world domination!

It would make sense if there were secret bases and whatnot built into the pyramids to make it seem like every other map, but at this point it doesn't make any contextual sense.

And with that update, it therefore limits the remaining updates to the Double Barrel Shotgun (lol, killed by recoil... I wonder if I can recoil myself into a spy that was about to backstab me and get him killed too), and what appears to be a new map type with both a red and a blue cart (see the background of the BONK! drink update).

OK, wtf Valve? I know you like fixing bugs, but FOUR patches in one week is a few too many, particularly the week before another major patch.

Not that these seem to apply to TF2:

* Fixed stats and achievements not working in Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Portal

* Fixed incompatibilities with MODs

I decided it might be time for me to make another map just for fun.

I'm planning on doing a single flag attack/defend ctf map, but with a similar build to High Ground from halo 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p54ZDJ3WZFI

It'll have a large main gate which will be locked at the beginning, it's blue's job to get in from one of the small openings and open the gate with a switch from the inside. Then the gate is open for all people to attack the base and grab the flag and bring it back to their base.

If anyone has suggestions or requests, I build these for you guys so just let me know whatever you want to see in the map.

I decided it might be time for me to make another map just for fun.

I'm planning on doing a single flag attack/defend ctf map, but with a similar build to High Ground from halo 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p54ZDJ3WZFI

It'll have a large main gate which will be locked at the beginning, it's blue's job to get in from one of the small openings and open the gate with a switch from the inside. Then the gate is open for all people to attack the base and grab the flag and bring it back to their base.

If anyone has suggestions or requests, I build these for you guys so just let me know whatever you want to see in the map.

How exactly is this button activated? TF2 doesn't have a use key bound by default.

How exactly is this button activated? TF2 doesn't have a use key bound by default.

I think I would just use a damage sensor, or put a cp inside the point that must be taken for the gate to open.

Garian just had the idea in #ocrtf2 about a 1 flag ctf infiltration style, 1 flag in the middle of a symmetrical map, the flag is neutral, any team can grab it. The object is to grab the flag and bring it into the enemy's base to score. You fight to push the flag along as far as you can and try not to let the other team get it.

I think I wanna do Garian's instead now, anyone else have any suggestions for it?

I think I would just use a damage sensor, or put a cp inside the point that must be taken for the gate to open.

Garian just had the idea in #ocrtf2 about a 1 flag ctf infiltration style, 1 flag in the middle of a symmetrical map, the flag is neutral, any team can grab it. The object is to grab the flag and bring it into the enemy's base to score. You fight to push the flag along as far as you can and try not to let the other team get it.

I think I wanna do Garian's instead now, anyone else have any suggestions for it?

If you do that, make a note somewhere that the flag will appear as a red briefcase...

Edit: Whoops, apparently Valve has changed this in a recent patch; neutral flags are now white. Due to this change, there's a rumor that Valve may introduce an official gametype with a neutral flags soon.

Well, in the case we don't like that map design, you could make another or a variation for the fun of it. ^_^

Also, due to recent modifications to my desk space and whatnot, I now have a 22-inch widescreen monitor over my 19-inch widescreen, so uhh... that'll be nice for when I start getting the server filled in 2 to 3 hours (somewhere between 8:00-8:30p.m. EST... hopefully).

EDIT: Stand on the freaking point you moron! (means get on TF2)

Also, due to recent modifications to my desk space and whatnot, I now have a 22-inch widescreen monitor over my 19-inch widescreen, so uhh... that'll be nice for when I start getting the server filled in 2 to 3 hours (somewhere between 8:00-8:30p.m. EST... hopefully).

Your desk mods are far more exciting than mine. Last thing I modified my desk with was a Morrigan Darkstalkers statuette. My wife won't even let me go near new electronics and such. Lucky you.