OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Scout update is out right now. I've told the server to update, but it may take a while... Steam servers are bogged down.

There are other fixes as well, including stuff for Spies so that they can switch which weapon it shows them as using.

Yes, that's right, you can no longer tell who is a Spy just by what weapon they have equipped.

Eh, I was doing ok... that was pretty funny when I was engi on Goldrush and teleported to the back and set up a sentry, though it was ineffective in that some people didn't die. Oh well, still fun. GGs everyone who played. Also, I'm afraid to play with everyone being scouts now. Very... afraid.

Eh, I was doing ok... that was pretty funny when I was engi on Goldrush and teleported to the back and set up a sentry, though it was ineffective in that some people didn't die. Oh well, still fun. GGs everyone who played. Also, I'm afraid to play with everyone being scouts now. Very... afraid.

I'm not sure what's going on with the server now... it vanished or something when the map changed; I told it to restart, but it hasn't reappeared yet.

Edit: I filed a trouble ticket about the server being down.

Edit 2: Closed ticket... there's a console log viewer now and Steam is currently updating.

The server's still having some issues, which cause it to crash for unknown reasons.

Bahamut's working on it, although it might be related to Sourcemod's gamedata stuff... an update should be made available for that soon.

Unfortunately, I really need to go to bed, as I have to leave for work in 8 hours.

Edit: I've renamed the addons directory temporarily. This disabled all our mods, but it *should* at least prevent the server from crashing.

Interesting side updates, not sure if I like the new spy weapon thing.

-Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs

^ We all know that facestabs aren't fixed, but maybe there'll be less now.

- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag

^lol that would be funny to see

They still haven't fixed backstab animation though, that's pretty sad... :(

new scoot weapons are made specifically for trolling

That's what the Scoot is all aboot.

bad pun :(

Also where is our Meet the Pyro Video?

I would have thought for certain you would have wanted the "Meet the Medic" video! It will be awesome when that comes out.

Don't think I'll have the Scout unlocks any time soon, but it was great to seem them in action. The 'Bonk' Energy Drink was a sight to behold.

The gamedata autoupdater appears to be working again.

Rumor has it that payload maps may be causing issues. Not sure if it's true or not, but default map has been changed... temporarily to cp_junction_final, but then to ctf_2fort.

Edit: I'm going to assume from the lack of responses and the 1 hour, 45 minute connect time Brushfire has that the server is still working at least somewhat correctly.

Look at this, just caved in your skull, my bat's still dry, no clumps of hair. 0:20 in first one.

Haha, these are pretty fun actuallly.

"Fat bald fatty fat fat!"

"My tiny little head! It's so tiny, such a tiny little head!"

"Order now and you get a second beating for free!"

I can't believe they actually threw in some vince quotes.