OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The gamedata autoupdater appears to be working again.

Rumor has it that payload maps may be causing issues. Not sure if it's true or not, but default map has been changed... temporarily to cp_junction_final, but then to ctf_2fort.

Edit: I'm going to assume from the lack of responses and the 1 hour, 45 minute connect time Brushfire has that the server is still working at least somewhat correctly.

Today on Goldrush, everyone lost connection to the server for about 20 seconds. Not sure if that's of any help to you.

Hey, hey, look, you shape-shifted into a dead guy!" is one I like.

Thought that one was funny too :)

Today on Goldrush, everyone lost connection to the server for about 20 seconds. Not sure if that's of any help to you.

Did the map also reset back to ctf_2fort?

Edit: Actually, I can see from the HLStatsX chart that it did... the green diagonal line on the server graph jumps back down to 0 whenever the server resets.

Edit 2: The other thing about server crashes is that it should load any new gamedata files that SourceMod's team have released. It also periodically tried to update the server, even when I don't tell it to upgrade... not sure what's up with that.

Edit 3: New versions of Metamod: Source and Sourcemod have been released. Unfortunately, Gameservers way of updating those is annoying; I may manually upgrade them so that all the config files don't get hosed.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo.........

I'm building my computer tonight, and I should be up and playing TF2 and the likes with you all tomorrow. Can't wait to beat on the Scout.

Hooray for my new computer!

FYI... Force-a-nature destroys pyros. So does the sandman. :sad:

uuuugh.

So, I installed an addon I found earlier (atmuh actually tested it on his server) that disables "scene" files.

Unfortunately, this includes taunt animations.

Still, with this addon installed, the server no longer crashes.

Other changes: map voting no longer occurs every round... I think it pissed some people off. Whoops.

I need to find out why nominate doesn't display cp_junction_final in the map list... I know I added it to the list. Soon, I'm going to fix up the map list so that it's in alphabetic order to find maps easier.

I also need to find out if the new, shorter backstab is a result of this plugin or not... I don't think it is, though.

. I assume this is what Valve changed to help prevent front-stabs, as it no longer has to do two calculations to predict when a stab is a backstab.... Well, the animation length and the size of the area; you can no longer sidestab someone, it has to be from behind.

So I changed the rtv % required to 30% from 60%, since I think that amount is a bit obnoxious.

Also, I changed the mapcycle a little, so it's currently this:

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

cp_granary

arena_watchtower

tc_hydro

cp_gravelpit

pl_badwater

cp_well

pl_goldrush

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

cp_dustbowl

Any thoughts or suggestions with what it should be?

So what does that do for our Sandvich? Disabling that taunt seems like a bad game breaking idea.

As far as I know, it just cuts out the animation for it... I think quotes and effects still happen, but your character just stands there.

Edit: atmuh's looking into re-enabling taunts in that addon's cvars to see if that change causes crashes again.

Edit 2: Taunts animations have been re-enabled, but the plugin is still blocking other animation files... no idea what they do, but since disabling them stops the crashes...

So I noticed. Also, I suck at ubers (charged 3 ubers and never got those off). I got some others off, but that's about it...

You should try hitting the right mouse button when an uber is charged. :P

If it makes you feel better, I missed out on at least as many ubers yesterday afternoon, but had time to realize I was being burned alive and still not use them. I'd say it's even worse if you're killed because you forget you have an uber charged.

I'm not going to lie though, it was kind of satisfying hearing you say you had a charged uber when I managed to headshot you. Especially since I actually managed to headshot you. My sniper skills must be improving or something because before I stopped playing for a few months I was lucky to get kills by hitting the body, let alone get any headshots.

Oh that was YOU! I think I was one millisecond behind, because when I was shot, I thought I activated it, and then I realized I had died. Ah well...

I think my worst attempt at ubering was when I was carrying the intel... except you can't uber while carrying it. Fail on my part.

So I noticed. Also, I suck at ubers (charged 3 ubers and never got those off). I got some others off, but that's about it...

It always seems to go that way, you press the button only what seems to be a split second before you die. That's just the way things go sometimes. The laments of a Medic.

Was much fun yesterday and I sincerely appreciate the attempt at an Uber chain though I apologize for being so abysmally awful at it.

I'm also terrible at using ubers... I also tend to die a lot as Medic; even more than I do as Spy.

Speaking of Spy, I still need to get used to the new timing on the backstab... you have to be a lot closer than you used to, as the running backstab no longer works.

I enjoy randoms in the server they make me feel like a good sniper.

Seriously, they would just stand there and snipe. I would try to anticipate a movement, miss because they didn't move, then just stand there for a while, as they constantly missed me.

Seriously it was pretty bad. But I sure did enjoy playing sniper again :3