OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The biggest problem with hlstats is that it incourages individualistic goals and playstyle, which obviously detracts from the team as aspect of TF2

What, I work with the team... occasionally!

Although, with Alltalk on, my role as a Spy is somewhat diminished. Particularly since Spies can now see enemy health meters when disguised.

Still, I try to sap Sentries when they're wailing on my allies... makes them easier for my team to kill them, too.

Edit: Oh, and my teammates make great distractions on Payload maps, while I backstab our enemies. :D

The biggest problem with hlstats is that it incourages individualistic goals and playstyle, which obviously detracts from the team as aspect of TF2

Exactly. However, even though one wants to ignore the points, it is as Brushfire said, you see the -75 points and it begins to wear you down and make you cautious. I don't have an issue with it, it's one of those things where it's both enjoyable and cumbersome.

Update!

Gameplay changes

Added a duck timer that prevents duck spamming while running around on-ground

In-air, players are only allowed to duck once before they touch ground again

Fixed several bounding box issues with jumping, falling, and rocket jump air-walking. Bounding box should be much more accurate there now

Increased backstab check so that Spies can side-stab again

When disguising, Spies now always start showing the primary weapon in their disguise, and can then switch it with the last-disguise key

TF2 Fixes

Fixed flamethrower loophole that resulted in the flame effect being stuck on while the flamethrower wasn't really firing

Fixed exploit that allowed players to circumvent the force-fire timeout on the pipebomb launcher

Fixed a bug that caused Natasha's slow on hit effect to be inverted from 75% to 25%

Restored sawmill_logs.mdl file, fixing some user maps that used it

Fixed some localization issues with Scout achievement strings

Removed the "Final" phrasing in the map loading screen

Engine fixes

Fixed a server crash on startup under Linux

Fixed a buffer overflow issue related to network string tables

Gamestats uploading is now done asynchronously. This fixes the client timeout issues on map changes

CP_Junction

Fixed an exploit where engineers could build a teleporter exit in an invalid area

Fixed a few bad overlay assignments and other minor issues

Hooray for sidestabs again. Also, I'm glad you start the disguise with primary weapon as default. It was very obvious when a spy ran around holding the class' melee weapon out. Also, Natascha supposedly works again.

Update!

Hooray for sidestabs again. Also, I'm glad you start the disguise with primary weapon as default. It was very obvious when a spy ran around holding the class' melee weapon out. Also, Natascha supposedly works again.

Server upgraded and restarted. I also removed the compatibility plugin that we needed to keep the server from crashing because Valve finally fixed that bug... only took 9 days! In case you want to know, it was this bug: "Fixed a buffer overflow issue related to network string tables"

New version of Sourcemod is also out, but automated Sourcemod upgrades blow away our config files, so I need to wait until I have time to do a manual upgrade to fix that... hopefully it's only a feature update not a bugfix release...

I don't get it. Were they complaining about spies jumping on their heads?

ducking repeatedly makes it slightly more difficult to snipe - if you or the sniper is playing with a bad connection sometimes it will look like they got a headshot but the game thinks you were ducking

also atmuh installed a mod on his server that removes the sandman's stun so I'm not playing there anymore

ducking repeatedly makes it slightly more difficult to snipe - if you or the sniper is playing with a bad connection sometimes it will look like they got a headshot but the game thinks you were ducking

also atmuh installed a mod on his server that removes the sandman's stun so I'm not playing there anymore

Are you for serious? I think this is just the first step in his bid for total control. First the Sandman, then the WORLD!!!

But seriously that is gay.

But seriously that is gay.

You know what else is gay? The SANDMAN. F************K

In the same way that I learned how to play demo when pyros had +50HP, I will now learn how to play pyro and engie well. gaaarsh.

also, Dhsu that's awesome. :D

it is now impossible to crouch jump onto or over your own or any enemy sentry...really fucking gay this is.

Er... I think that was part of the point.

Edit: Patch released to fix jump heights and make it so you can duck twice in air. I told the server to update and restart, but I can't tell if it actually applied the patch.

We need to bitchslap Gameservers until there's some reliable way to tell which server version we have installed.