OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

@ Powerlord: I don't think Valve would VAC ban someone for that, as you could just as easily claim your internet was going haywire, etc.

And (I think I'm just being optimistic here), I don't think anyone would grief servers like that. I mean, when people grief it's to hear people whine about it...no one's going to grief a server in this way.

What would be evil (and retarded) is a bunch of players getting together and joining lots of different servers and constantly changing. They'd never revisit the same server in one day, but mayhaps come back to it the next day. Yeah, I could imagine that happening.

I've got to think that theres a bias towards servers with longer map times. Most people leave once a map is concluded. Typically speaking, the more frequently the maps change, the more players cycle through.

EDIT: On a side note. After having the kills assisted column explained to me, it would appear that Bahamut has by far the most kills AND assists of anyone on the server. w00t Bahamut!

Thank F***ing God.

Server's temporarily down because Valve's update server is being really, REALLY slow.

I mean, the server's only on its first file (server.dll), and it's not even a file used by a Linux TF2 server.

Edit: Server's now throwing a Bus Error. I've filed a ticket with Tech Support.

The server's been down for an hour now, with no sign of Gameservers staff doing anything to fix it.

It took me all of 1 minute using Google to figure out what to run at the command line (which we don't have access to) to fix it.

I'm going to start a server reinstall in 5 minutes, since it will apparently be quicker than getting Tech Support to do something.

For around a month now, the server's map rotation has been shit. Can something be done about this please.

Speaking of which, the current rotation is:

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

pl_badwater

cp_granary

ctf_well

cp_junction_final

tc_hydro

cp_gravelpit

ctf_turbine

cp_steel

pl_goldrush

cp_dustbowl

There's also an odd change in Sourcemod 1.2... it apparently inserts any rtved map in place of the current map in rotation, so it still doesn't change the next map.

I've asked about the map rotation and nobody really said anything :? .

This is the current rotation:

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

cp_granary

arena_watchtower

tc_hydro

cp_gravelpit

pl_badwater

cp_well

pl_goldrush

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

cp_dustbowl

Now can we actually get suggestions?

Actually, I changed it about a week ago... swapped out arena_watchtower for cp_junction_final and cp_well for ctf_well, then reordered the maps to move the pl maps farther apart.

I've asked about the map rotation and nobody really said anything :? .

This is the current rotation:

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

cp_granary

arena_watchtower

tc_hydro

cp_gravelpit

pl_badwater

cp_well

pl_goldrush

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

cp_dustbowl

Now can we actually get suggestions?

Sorry, I was in a bitchy mood.

The granary/junction/hydro always seems to hurt the numbers. And goldrush and dustbowl hardly ever get touched because of when the peek hours start and stop. May i suggest moving one of those 2 more popular maps into that grouping?

Also, it has seemed like for some time, we've been having rotations like hydro/gravelpit/hydro or 2fort/egypt/2fort, and I don't think any rtvs go on for that.... I don't know how that keeps happening.

Maybe we should try setting up one of those map votes that that start when there's seven minutes left in the map, then everybody can just choose for themselves. (it disables maps you've played recently)

But if not, then for myself personally I hate ctf_well and I love cp_well, so I'd (personal opinion) rather have cp_well in there. And I've been having a bit of fun with Hydro now, even though it's always stalement :|

Sorry, I was in a bitchy mood.

The granary/junction/hydro always seems to hurt the numbers. And goldrush and dustbowl hardly ever get touched because of when the peek hours start and stop. May i suggest moving one of those 2 more popular maps into that grouping?

Sure, we can move maps around in the rotation. Personally, I hate hydro... steel is another map that people tend to leave during, particularly if one team is clearly outclassing the other.

Also, it has seemed like for some time, we've been having rotations like hydro/gravelpit/hydro or 2fort/egypt/2fort, and I don't think any rtvs go on for that.... I don't know how that keeps happening.

The hydro/gravelpit/hydro/gravelpit thing last night was caused by:

1. Me replacing the stock mapcycle during ctf_2fort right before the first hydro. (See: Server Reinstall stuff earlier)

2. Me forcing a map change to hydro (I think...)

3. Me forcing a map change to gravelpit during hydro (the first time).

4. Sourcemod's (new?) quirky behavior that map changes don't replace the next map in the mapcycle.

5. Gravelpit already follows hydro in the mapcycle.

No clue about the 2fort/egypt/2fort thing, though.

Maybe we should try setting up one of those map votes that that start when there's seven minutes left in the map, then everybody can just choose for themselves. (it disables maps you've played recently)

We had one of those for a while, but I recall people wanted it turned off.

But if not, then for myself personally I hate ctf_well and I love cp_well, so I'd (personal opinion) rather have cp_well in there. And I've been having a bit of fun with Hydro now, even though it's always stalement :|

The only reason I added ctf_well in was because there's so few Valve CTF maps, and we just had the Scout update... I took cp_well out because I thought people would complain about having two Wells in the rotation.

Fun Fact: Well is the only map that has 3 versions: CTF, CP, and Arena. All it needs is pl_well to complete the set!

granary

well

junction

hydro

turbine

steel

At least one more popular map... ANY popular map needs to be thrown in there.

Side note: Before I stopped playing in the fall, whenever there was a map vote the server waited until the end of the round to change. And it seems to me as though you could revote before that time. It's nice to be able to change straight to it if noones interested in the map, but an admin can do that. If enough people decide that they want to rtv, then the map will 100% change which is great, but the winning map only needs the majority of the votes, not the majority of the players. If 10 people vote for different maps, and 2 people vote for the same, those 2 people determine outright where you're going to be playing immediately... And there have been cases where that map is less enjoyed than the one already being played.

So basically, ramble ramble ramble ramble.