OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm too lazy to read through all this, but what's the updates on the patch?

(or if shits been done, just send me a PM or smth).

Also rambo = life of OCR server

Zeph was able to redesign it, so that the scout bat wasn't gonna come out looking like a non-descript 2X4, and we went with the actual logo, a Hermes foot. Also the Demo's TNT is now one of those bowling ball bombs. We dropped the bolts and moved some text around. Right now I am waiting on the patch company to send me the final prototype.

Also Rambo is the life of the server for serious. Unlike that Brushfire character who is always bringing everyone down.

Also Also: Coming soon to a mic spam near you: Tokyo Disney presents: House Disney.

So I did some tweaking to the map rotation, and here's how it'll be for now (unless someone brings up an issue with something about it):

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

pl_badwater

cp_granary

ctf_well

cp_junction_final

ctf_mach4

cp_dustbowl

tc_hydro

cp_fastlane

pl_goldrush

cp_gravelpit

pl_dustbowl_b4

cp_snowpath_b2

ctf_turbine

cp_steel

pl_goldrush

cp_dustbowl

cp_well

arena_granary

cp_badlands

So I did some tweaking to the map rotation, and here's how it'll be for now (unless someone brings up an issue with something about it):

ctf_2fort

cp_egypt_final

pl_badwater

cp_granary

ctf_well

cp_junction_final

ctf_mach4

cp_dustbowl

tc_hydro

cp_fastlane

pl_goldrush

cp_gravelpit

pl_dustbowl_b4

cp_snowpath_b2

ctf_turbine

cp_steel

pl_goldrush

cp_dustbowl

cp_well

arena_granary

cp_badlands

Thanks man. :-P

Also Rambo is the life of the server for serious. Unlike that Brushfire character who is always bringing everyone down.

Hey now. :|

Also rambo = life of OCR server

Thanks man. :-P

Oh, I suppose I should mention this: the only reason duplicates were removed before was because we were having an auto-map vote, and if a map appeared in rotation more than once, it could appear as a voting option more than once.

P.S. As long as snowpath isn't the insta-cap map, it should be OK. I hate the insta-cap version of that map, as it's really, REALLY cheesy.

Oh, I suppose I should mention this: the only reason duplicates were removed before was because we were having an auto-map vote, and if a map appeared in rotation more than once, it could appear as a voting option more than once.

P.S. As long as snowpath isn't the insta-cap map, it should be OK. I hate the insta-cap version of that map, as it's really, REALLY cheesy.

Unfortunately, it is an insta-cap version of the map (essentially cp_warpath2 with snow textures). If you have another map in mind then feel free to replace it.

Looks like the server crashed again, I am in the process of restarting, and it gave me a "Could not start server" error. Appearently this isn't the only one that is having it.

"There is currently a problem with L4D, CSS, DODS, TF2, and ZPS. The servers are having trouble connecting to steam for updates and is causing servers to not load. If your server is up, do not restart it, if your server is down, we have to wait until Valve has corrected the issues with there steam servers. We will let you know once the problem has been resolved. Love Gameservers."

So it will be down for the time being.

Looks like the server crashed again, I am in the process of restarting, and it gave me a "Could not start server" error. Appearently this isn't the only one that is having it.

"There is currently a problem with L4D, CSS, DODS, TF2, and ZPS. The servers are having trouble connecting to steam for updates and is causing servers to not load. If your server is up, do not restart it, if your server is down, we have to wait until Valve has corrected the issues with there steam servers. We will let you know once the problem has been resolved. Love Gameservers."

So it will be down for the time being.

The server's running again, but the "Invalid Steam UserID Ticket" issue is back.

Not sure what's going on with Valve's authentication servers today, but it's annoying.

I've had TF2 crash on me several times over the last week or so. Something about an illegal memory access error or something. I'll be in the midst of a game, then it'll freeze, then I'll hear the Windows fail sound, then I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of TF2, then I have to manually reset my resolution. It's quite irritating.

It's a network problem between the server and Valve's central authentication server. Restarting the server shouldn't help in that case.

For whatever reason, it fixed the problem yesterday. After five minutes of connection, each player would disconnect due to that ticket problem. Never happened to anyone after the restart. :|

I was just testing out some recording in the server today, and I got that invalid userID ticket thing again after 5 mins. Don't know if thats gonna be a problem when the server fills up tonight.

There's a patch today for the Invalid Steam ID ticket thing. I can't tell whether or not the server has been upgraded, but I'm going to assume it was since HLStatsX reports it was rebooted about an hour ago.

I didn't install the patch then, but now it should be installed.

Gameservers changed their server startup a while back so that it checks for new patches every time it starts up. Hence why there was the problem Brushfire mentioned a few days ago with the server not coming back up after a reboot because the Steam update servers weren't responding.

Edit: Also, the Install Steam Update button no longer does anything as far as I can tell.

Edit 2: I've gotten really burned out on TF2 lately, so I probably won't be on much.