OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So I found out this morning why the connection on the server has been crap tonight and last night - they are moving the server onto better boxes (i.e. quad cores) and a better connection.

Please bear with it for the next few days (that's the estimate they gave me) for these issues. Once it's done, hopefully we get better ping and performance out of it.

How are they gonna handle Sniper achievements?

Headshot X of Y class.

Headshot X people on a control point.

Headshot someone within range X.

Headshot an overhealed Heavy.

Headshot ...etc.

Headshot a rocket-jumping soldier.

Headshot a medic with an uber.

Headshot a cloaked spy.

Headshot while on fire.

Headshot while falling.

5 Headshots in a row (no misses).

Etc.

Headshot a rocket-jumping soldier.

Headshot a medic with an uber.

Headshot a cloaked spy.

Headshot while on fire.

Headshot while falling.

5 Headshots in a row (no misses).

Etc.

I didn't think you could scope while airborn.

Aside from this, if it were retroactive, I would have all the unlocks mentioned so far.

Edit: The best is headshotting a demo, or soldier immediately before they explosive jump. Then they shamefully kill themselves. :D

I'm a little disappointed that they went with the sniper next, but it sounds like they're moving along very quickly so that's good.

I'm not. I've been wanting to snipe more lately and I'd be glad to see some unlocks for the class. I can see people being dissapointed if they use other classes though (which is most people I suppose, but I guess half the point of these class updates is to get people to use the classes more and in different ways). I already can't wait to see what sort of items they'll offer up when this update hits.

I'm a little disappointed that they went with the sniper next, but it sounds like they're moving along very quickly so that's good.

I agree that something (soldier) should've been next but at least it will bring us closer to Meet the Pyro. Unless they do a Meet the Jar of Piss.

Also you owe me 20 bux for outrageous Canadian shipping. Stop living so far north you!!

The Squad Nova ([Nova]) guys want to thank you all for letting them raid the OCR server and play with people who aren't mouthbreathing idiots.

I AM A GOOD W+M1ER

The [NOVA] group seemed like a really nice bunch. I hope they come back and play on OCR more.

Can't believe the bit about Vince, a girl named Sasha? That's just too much. She bit his tongue! I guess now we know who touched Sasha.

oh Zephyr where do you live in Canada is it anywhere near me

I shall answer your question in Haiku form, because everyone needs more haiku!

The cold winds blow here

The snow, it falls so softly,

O Saskatchewan...

Stupid place took up 4/5's of my last line!