OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

TRAIIN SITES LIKE THIS REALLY WORK PM ME FOR INFO

I wanted to play tonight, but nobody was on. How am I not supposed to do my work if I don't have anybody to distract me from it?

Also, engineer or soldier is the best way to start out. Engineer because that class is relatively easy to pick up where and where not to build stuff, and the "team dynamic" is essentially "hit my stuff with a wrench and i'll hit yours and then both of our stuff can be safe!" Soldier because RAWKET LAWNCHAIR is not hard to figure out (I hope).

Next is heavy, were you're going to be sick with power (and suck at it). Soon you will realize you suck at it (becuase you keep getting headshotted, backstabbed, or scooted), and then try the fancier type: pyro. Now instead of just mouse1, you get to hit mouse1 and W! Next step is demoman, where now you have to learn the art of mouse2 (tricky shit, I know). Finally we come to spy, medic, and sniper: the pro classes that you should probably not play, because you will probably (as in, will) suck at them.

I did not include scout because scootan is too advanced. Seriously. And balls suck, so don't play scoot.

Summed up:

Play scoot if you like to die. (because you suck at it and will die. A lot)

Play medic if you like standing next to a heavy most of the map while the rest of your team is yelling at you because you won't heal them. And make sure to uber as soon as it's charged.

Play engineer if you like wacking things to level 3 to have it all pistol sniped

Play heavy if you like mouse1

Play pyro if you like mouse1 + W and/or are drunk.

Play demo if you like randomly shooting and killing people with your insanely overpowered weapons, and like pissing me off (because you will be pissing me off)

Play spy if you like running into pyros and heavies

Play soldier if you like crits.

Play sniper if you like aimbots (every sniper uses aimbots, even Baha, who has his set on the body instead of the head)

You can't play a good engineer until you know the map. Scout it the fastest way to learn a map.

I also think Medic is best 1st class because you don't have to attack anyone, just follow everyone else.

Best offensive classes to start with are Soldier first, then Heavy.

I've found soldier the best class to start out with. It gets you to work on predicting people's movements, managing ammo/ammo loaded, straightforward firing, and exploring everything in the process. Medics often make or break a team so it's not the most ideal first class IMO, since a lot of people get pissed at bad medics.

At least, I've found soldier to be the best first class for myself. It may be different with you.

As for the custom mapcycle so far, how about this for a preliminary cycle:

cp_devilsbrew1_3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_mill_b5

cp_follower_rc1

pl_swift_final

tc_meridian_b5

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

pl_waste_b4

ctf_waterhole_b4

cp_yukon_rc

cp_industrial_b6

pl_woodwind_b4

I agree with Bleck's statement. Communication is also an important aspect. "I have an uber." "Spy/Pyro/death behind us." A medic in addition to a healstick is also a second pair of eyes. While your healee is facing forward laying on the destruction, you should be looking around for spies and the like. Also, when you see a spy, don't abandon your healee and charge after him with your bone/ubersaw (this goes for most classes: Spies are not invulnerable to non-melee weapons). Inform your teammate and have him bring forth death and destruction.

Then again, I get a lot of downtime to read/listen as a Spy.

lol, fair enough.

I, complain more about no medic. I would take a shitty medic helping our team over a 4th sniper any day.

A bad medic is still more useful to the team than a bad 'any other class'. Bar perhaps soldier or demoman.

I have yet to ever see 4 spies on one team. I don't even play as one if there's 2 or more (or 1 if it's a small team).

I was once medic and trying to find a decent target to heal. I looked at the class breakdown of my team and it waassss: 2 snipers, 4 scouts, 3 spies, and a pyro. A class change quickly ensued.

I was once medic and trying to find a decent target to heal. I looked at the class breakdown of my team and it waassss: 2 snipers, 4 scouts, 3 spies, and a pyro. A class change quickly ensued.

I even said the other day "I'm the only damage dealer on my team? WTF?" in voice chat.

(I was playing Soldier at the time)

I even said the other day "I'm the only damage dealer on my team? WTF?" in voice chat.

(I was playing Soldier at the time)

Yeah, that can be a little frustrating at times. It's really really obvious when a team is too skinny, but people rarely abandon their favorite class to help the cause. lol

Actually, there was one exception: When we had an entire team be spies. Was pretty funny.

I've been on an entire spy rush! Attacking on dustbowl one. They held the first point, and the 1st place guy on our team had 3 pts. It was insane seeing a single pyro going around lighting ~10 spies at a time. I can only imagine the joy on that player's face. lol

......DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT.......

Yes, and now we're all paying for it.

On the plus side, I'm going to schedule some events.

[Edit:]

@Xerol: I can't get the torrent to work. I'm not sure if it's my school blocking torrents (I don't think it is, but it might be) or what...but jeah. Not working.

......DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT.......

Yes, and now we're all paying for it.

On the plus side, I'm going to schedule some events.

Don't bother until it's locked down, as anyone can delete them.

Edit: We're abandoning the existing group and forming a new one.