OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

According to atmuh you could have just made it so only officers can post announcements???

Species8472 is the only person who can adjust that.

This whole incident started when I found out that anyone could post announcements on the group and stupidly told atmuh about it.

announcements.png

I had just sent a message to Species8472 asking if (s)he could add a few more of us so we could post events and things, when I'd noticed I had a Post Announcements button.

Not anymore apparently. Too bad, I was hoping to get some lulz.

Yes, I basically went through and deleted them all.

Most of them were just the same thing over and over again.

P.S. For some reason, my mail from the forums is being delayed, so my usual "reply within 3 minutes if I'm at my PC" isn't happening.

As for the custom mapcycle so far, how about this for a preliminary cycle:

cp_devilsbrew_1_3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_mill_b5

cp_follower_rc1

pl_swift_final

tc_meridian_b5

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

pl_waste_b4

ctf_waterhole_b4

cp_yukon_rc

cp_industrial_b6

pl_woodland_b4

Before I forget, I have a 172MB 7zip file of all of those for easy download.

Also, fixed the typos in the maplist above and in the server maplist.

Damn Powerlord, you're quick. I had just started that download...but now it's gone.

Could you please try to put it up quickly? Me and Hank/Martian/the really good sniper dude are on REALLY bad internet...we're probably going to need a day or so to download the .zip.

Damn Powerlord, you're quick. I had just started that download...but now it's gone.

Could you please try to put it up quickly? Me and Hank/Martian/the really good sniper dude are on REALLY bad internet...we're probably going to need a day or so to download the .zip.

The problem with that download was that they were all .bz2 files inside, and I'm not sure if you'd need to uncompress all of those as well. I'm creating a new 7zip file that should be smaller right now.

Hey guys. I asked people in game yesterday about ways to increase the framerate in tf2, but noone had any solutions for me. I reinstalled TF2 recently and I'm trying to figure out what I changed in console to make the game playable on my system. All the 'options' settings are already at minimum, but I can't recall the console commands I would have used. Hopefully someone here knows. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: graphics preservation means little to me. lol

So here's a revision of the proposed mapcycle for tomorrow:

cp_devilsbrew_1_3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_mill_b5

cp_follower_rc1

pl_swift_final

tc_meridian_b5

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

pl_great_heights_b2

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

pl_waste_b4

ctf_waterhole_b4

cp_yukon_rc

pl_cashworks_b3a

cp_industrial_b6

pl_woodland_b4

cp_shabbytown_final

Should I make any changes? (i.e. add more maps, etc.)

So here's a revision of the proposed mapcycle for tomorrow:

cp_devilsbrew_1_3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_mill_b5

cp_follower_rc1

pl_swift_final

tc_meridian_b5

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

pl_great_heights_b2

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

pl_waste_b4

ctf_waterhole_b4

cp_yukon_rc

pl_cashworks_b3a

cp_industrial_b6

pl_woodland_b4

cp_shabbytown_final

Should I make any changes? (i.e. add more maps, etc.)

Another new 233MB 7zip file of the maps.

You can get a free decompressor if you don't have one (WinRAR also decompresses 7zip).

Way to completely ignore my incessant questions about whether you were the Azul Panther I knew or not. Fag.

What? I saw no questions. I did hear your voice though but since it was under a different s/n i didn't question it. I was too busy SNIPING

Also, I haven't posted on OCR for a year, I should update my sig. The free ipod touch thing works, I use mine everyday, its just a lot of work put into it and you have to be smart about it.

Stop abusing the messages. They show up for anyone having steam online at the time. Continued abuse will result in reporting and my own removal from the OCR group. This is getting stupid.

Most of us have dropped out already and joined the [thread=22965]new group[/thread] that actually has that kind of thing locked down.

Stop abusing the messages. They show up for anyone having steam online at the time. Continued abuse will result in reporting and my own removal from the OCR group. This is getting stupid.

Blame Atma - he's the only one who abused it, and as a result many of us dropped out of it as Powerlord said and joined the new group I formed last night, where this won't happen.

Hey guys. I asked people in game yesterday about ways to increase the framerate in tf2, but noone had any solutions for me. I reinstalled TF2 recently and I'm trying to figure out what I changed in console to make the game playable on my system. All the 'options' settings are already at minimum, but I can't recall the console commands I would have used. Hopefully someone here knows. Thanks in advance!

seconded, i'd love some solutions too, i've been having a ton of trouble lately, because it seems my framerate has dropped drastically.

Oh so that is why I saw so many messages this morning when I got on my Compy.

Jolly good show, that Atma.

...and that's not counting the messages that got deleted... at one point, I was deleting them nearly as fast as they were being posted.

Then I stopped because it was an immense waste of my time.

I believe the command "rate" will do it. The default is 20000 I think. I set mine around 10,000 when I start dropping packets and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to help as much as I'd like.

For example, once hitting "~" to get in console, type the following: rate 25000

then hit enter.