OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

toy_fort_elite on first page is not found.

Ummm once I've downloaded the zips and unzipped them, where can I find the folder to stash them?

....no it's not... lol

I meant fixed in the mapcycle file :razz: .

cp_toy_fort_elite isn't on the first page - you'll have to find a server playing it to download it

As for the folder, it'll be ~/Steam/SteamApps/[steamIDloginfolder]/Team Fortress 2/tf/maps, where the ~ indicates wherever you installed Steam to, typically C:/Program Files or C:/Program Files (x86).

Edit: Whoops, toy_fort_elite is on the first page.

So, thoughts on the new maps we tried today? Which map is preferable btw, cp_pacman_wtf_normal or cp_pacman_wtf_party?

Also, there weren't enough people on for an OCR night it seemed, so I took down the password for the night earlier. Is there enough interest for an OCR night, and what day would be good if there was enough interest?

I prefer pacman normal. Party makes it too obvious when the ghosts are coming and the annoying is either hilarious...for about 30 seconds or awful the entire time. That being said, they're both a ton of fun.

I _really_ like Swift. That and the one with the tug-of-war style cart...they're a lot of fun.

So, thoughts on the new maps we tried today? Which map is preferable btw, cp_pacman_wtf_normal or cp_pacman_wtf_party?

Also, there weren't enough people on for an OCR night it seemed, so I took down the password for the night earlier. Is there enough interest for an OCR night, and what day would be good if there was enough interest?

im usually good on tuesdays, wednesdays, and thursday nites. most other times ill be found playing midday after work (around 3pm mountain time). i look forward to burninating more folk with my leet pyro skills.

also, add aqua to the rotations. very fun map.

I'm typically available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings (basically, after work). I get to be early / am busy on the other nights. This will change, however, in a few weeks when the semester ends.

I'm typically available Friday and Saturdays evenings (7pm EDT) and late night Monday/Wednesday (11pm EDT).

So I'm thinking that ditching an OCR only night and just maintaining a custom night or two a week, or maybe having one custom night and one special rotation night, is the way to go. Thoughts?

Also I've come to the decision to make reserved slots free for anyone who's a regular and requests one from me. Donations are optional, but it'd be great if people want to make them to me - the server costs ~$25/month to run, hlstatsx included...which reminds me of something else, there was a little interest in having the stats reset again at some point soon. What are the thoughts on that?

And so, Wednesday seems like a great day for custom night at the very least. Here's my proposed rotation for the day:

cp_piratelife_b3

ctf_2fort_night2_b2

pl_swift_final

cp_roundhouse_1_2d

ctf_highlands_b2

Arena_Greek_v1

pl_waste_b4

cp_pacman_wtf_normal

cp_resonance_b8

ctf_staging_A11

arena_dailydozen_a2

pl_jungle_a1c

cp_smbcastle2

cp_generator_b2

dm_quake_castle_b2

pl_terran_b1

cp_rivers_edge_b5

tc_meridian_b5

cp_devilsbrew_final

pl_woodland_b4

cp_yukon_rc

pl_cashworks_b3a

cp_aqua

pl_zig_b8

cp_ironbowl_b8

arena_storm_b1c

cp_blackmesa

Also remember to download the maps ahead of time if possible - it will save you downloading headaches when the map switches, and it will help other people out who haven't downloaded them.

Reserved slots free eh? Interesting, I might still donate every once in a while just to pay my dues, you shouldn't have to pay for our fun on your own. But this month I'll be sending my donation plus some extra to support OCR in the spirit of this being support OCR month. All the rest of you should do the same.

Also, Wednesday is great for custom night for me. I should most likely be able to make it most weeks, although I've been scarcely on TF2 lately as some of you may have noticed.

As for the Stats recent, while I'm mostly indifferent, I think that resetting them once in a while is a good idea, it encourages more competition (although hopefully not cheating/farming) and most people want to see a more accurate and recent k:d ratio for themselves.

So I'm thinking that ditching an OCR only night and just maintaining a custom night or two a week, or maybe having one custom night and one special rotation night, is the way to go. Thoughts?

OCR only night doesn't seem to work too well. I thought about suggesting a night where you add reserved slots for the OCR regulars, but...

Also I've come to the decision to make reserved slots free for anyone who's a regular and requests one from me. Donations are optional, but it'd be great if people want to make them to me - the server costs ~$25/month to run, hlstatsx included...which reminds me of something else, there was a little interest in having the stats reset again at some point soon. What are the thoughts on that?

I'll update the advertisements to stop bugging people about reserved slots, then.

Stats reset isn't a bad idea. Right now, it's tilted against new players simply because of how often some of us play.

And so, Wednesday seems like a great day for custom night at the very least. Here's my proposed rotation for the day:

Also remember to download the maps ahead of time if possible - it will save you downloading headaches when the map switches, and it will help other people out who haven't downloaded them.

As a side note, you can download maps either individually or as a complete set here.

(Well, OK, I don't have that page showing the 7zip files yet...)

Game Changes

Reworked the character loadout screens to support future features

Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned

Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements

Added a "player_teleported" game event that is sent when a player is teleported

Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch

Scouts now drop the flag if they're carrying it when they start phasing

Fixes

Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable

Fixed the custom crosshair menu not clearing itself when "None" is selected for non-English clients

Fixed warning about not being able to execute skill1.cfg when starting the dedicated server

The most interesting part is that part about the backpack and the ability to delete items permanently. Makes me think there are going to be some non-class-specific items. Grenades come to mind.

Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable

they totally didn't fix this by the way

also the delete items thing is probably valve's way of saying 'hey we can delete your items forever so don't try achievement hacking anymore thanks'

@ Bahamut: The problem with resetting the stats is that this 'problem' continues to arise. People who play a lot will always rise to the top.

The reason I write 'problem' is because I'm not sure it's that a big of a deal. The people who pay attention to it all are likely the ones who play a bunch and the people who play just for fun don't likely care very much about it.

I think what most people are interested in is how many times X person kills Y person with Z weapon, and what X person's kill to death ratio is. And by most people...I mean me mostly. I seem to recall other people saying/thinking along these lines but I cannot remember who nor can I dig up any previous posts to augment this line of thinking.