OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

@ linkspast: Just join in. I think we're probably amongst the most helpful group of people to play with, as we're not dicks to new people.

@ Bahamut: I'd be okay with it...the problem is just that there are so few people who consistently get on.

Also, the password needs to be better broadcasted.

So, I'm sure some of you saw me on the server this weekend. The $10 Orange Box sale this weekend eroded my crotchety old man "I'm not buying the same game twice goddamnit" willpower. I'm somewhat ashamed to find that I seem to be better at the PC version despite the fact that I prefer the gamepad controller to the mouse/keyboard setup. Maybe it's just because there's not nearly as much lag on a dedicated server than there is on someone's 360...

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I motherfucking hate spies so goddamn much. Expect to face my poorly-executed wrath at every possible opportunity.

Well you could hook up your 360 controller and type "exec 360controller" in the console if you prefer using a gamepad ("exec undo360controller" to undo). They even replace the icons and everything. :D

By the way, is there rumble in the 360 version? That's my only complaint about playing FPSes on PC...no force feedback. :[

So, I'm sure some of you saw me on the server this weekend. The $10 Orange Box sale this weekend eroded my crotchety old man "I'm not buying the same game twice goddamnit" willpower. I'm somewhat ashamed to find that I seem to be better at the PC version despite the fact that I prefer the gamepad controller to the mouse/keyboard setup. Maybe it's just because there's not nearly as much lag on a dedicated server than there is on someone's 360...

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I motherfucking hate spies so goddamn much. Expect to face my poorly-executed wrath at every possible opportunity.

:banghead:

I actually need to respond to this. The TF2 on xbox is not a game. It is something that never should be played. Ever. It doesn't even compare to the TF2 on PC. I played for 5 minutes (after dominating the server), and just quit.

The fact that you think an FPS is better with a controller than a mouse means you should never, ever play a PC game (other than a flight simulator, but again, that is not an FPS). Please tell me you play sniper. Please. I will love you forever.

Also, I expect to see more of you, since I restarted my stats, and need my spy score to get up some more.

Not all of them, just the uncompleted ones. Like the 43/50 I had for Strike Zone. And the two-thirds done A Year To Remember. EDIT: AND PYROMANIAC $#!@#$%

Meanwhile my 1400-point Medic stat is untouched. :evil::banghead::cry:

Edit: Hahaha, I saw this on the Steam bugs thread:

I spoted very big mistake about sniper. Then you zoom with your weapon and shot, you hit the spot that u want to hit, but you can hit it without zoom too cuz then u shot without zoom bullet goes the same way like with zoom. It isnt very good to know that i can hit the same spot that is far away from me with without zoom like with zoom. This bug alouvs people to stick some paper or other thigs at the midle of theyr monitor and shot like with zoom then they dont use zoom.

Sorry for my english.

We're glad to see you on the better version, Jovian. Or, at least some of us are.

And I'm going to like playing against you if you hate spies. People who despise spies (PUNNY) are my favorite...unless they go pyro and just chase me all over the place with no regards to their own life.

We're glad to see you on the better version, Jovian. Or, at least some of us are.

And I'm going to like playing against you if you hate spies. People who despise spies (PUNNY) are my favorite...unless they go pyro and just chase me all over the place with no regards to their own life.

It seems I am not the only spy!

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask... I have some friends who are new to TF2. They are not really members of the OCR community... what's the rule on reserved slots?

Also... what is everyone's opinion on increasing the number of slots on the server?

Edit: D'oh, Gameservers removed the upgrade option for our server... in fact, they don't offer 25 player servers on our plan any more either, so if we downgrade to 24, we can't upgrade back to 25.

As for OCR-only nights, they don't seem to work that well. The highest number of players I remember seeing for one before was 12. On a game balanced for 16-24 players.

If we want a 32 player server or a server with more slots, we'd have to switch servers.

Which, unfortunately, costs a lot more.

Actually, does GameServers even offer 32-slot TF2 servers? I only see up to 24 even when I switch the hosting center on the order form.

Whoever might you be talking about? :smile:

I'm against upgrading to 32, 25 is nice, it solves our reserve slot problem, and it sets us apart from other servers and attracts attention. Maps aren't made for 32 players, they're way too crowded and things end up being a mess.