OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Just curious: What's a W+M1 strategy?

Most of my time playing TF2 has been as a pyro, two or three evenings really.

The W-key is 'move forward'

M1 (left mouse click) is 'fire' <------ PUN

When you hear someone talking about W+M1 it means the person in question only knows how to do those 2 things, which is typical of nublet pyros.

durrrrrrrr

[Edit:]

Sorry, this is longer than I wanted it to be. Apparently I _really_ don't wanna study for my exams.

Agreed! And if people can't bother to read a post of that size, then they wouldn't be on the forums!

EDIT: *looks for spies*

May I ask what the skill ceiling on the engineer is? I know there are ways to play engineer in ways nobody else expects... just ask some of my level 1 sentries behind enemy lines for details. Not offended or anything, but by skill ceiling are you referring to offensive engineers as well?

I was referring to defensive engineers.

But after thinking about it for a bit, I'm not sure I mean it. I'm just saying I could see some people arguing that it's lower than other classes and that it's in reach.

May I ask what the skill ceiling on the engineer is? I know there are ways to play engineer in ways nobody else expects... just ask some of my level 1 sentries behind enemy lines for details. Not offended or anything, but by skill ceiling are you referring to offensive engineers as well?

Clearly, I must not have dominated him enough.

Okay crazy idea, but it just might work.

I am working with relyanCe to produce an OCR TF2 Family photo. I need regulars to fill the photo. I have called pyro. If you want to be represented tell me what class and lemme know.

I gotta do something to fill the void till Verizon unfucks my internet.

I call Demo :3

I am working with relyanCe to produce an OCR TF2 Family photo. I need regulars to fill the photo. I have called pyro. If you want to be represented tell me what class and lemme know.

Engie for me of course :D

or just not be retarded and snipe the medic durrrrrr

this:

Durrrr what if the medic isn't a moron and takes cover behind a wall durrr durrrr.

and also this:

What if he's the only target durrrrrr

Plus I was sorta curious to see how many half-charged shots it would take to kill a heavy being healed. (The answer, according to my experiment, is "server crash".)

Then we need two photos: one for blu team and one for red.

I'll take either Engineer or Medic.

I also have lots of TF2 screenshots if you're planning on using those to fill it up. Yay killcams!

itt bleck still sucks at videogames.

I'll be back sunday maybe.

I'll be sniping, since you all gave me inspiration to play that class. Body shot~

Since bleck pissed me off enough, here goes:

Scout

Suck: Runs fast, balls, FAN

Pro: Most deadly opponent. As in, don't complain if you get 1-2 shotted, they are just that good.

Demo

Suck: m1, m1, m1, m1...*reload*...m1, m1, m1, m1.... (pissed off engineer)

Pro: Stickies for long range, pipes for close.

Soldier

Suck: lucky crit ohshitimoutofamm-dead (that's just one kill fyi)

Pro: Second to the scout in deadliness. (this is many kills fyi)

Heavy

Suck: m1 (repeat)

Pro: spacebar m1 spacebar m1 spacebar m1

Sniper

Suck: waits for fully charged snipe to shoot

Pro: sees you, zooms in, finds your head, you're dead. total time, 1-3 seconds (don't believe me, play sniper for a couple rounds on atmuh's server. and call hax, because it's clearly hax)

Pyro

Suck: m1+w

Pro: m1+w, deadly shotgun.

This has been tip time brought to you by duckyboy.

I'd be interested in that Family Photo, but the only two classes that I'm decent with are Pyro and Spy...and it looks like they're taken.

Which is cool. I can sit it out if it's necessary.

And ducky, you forgot the best two things about pyro: the airblast and the axetinguisher. Light someone up, airblast, follow in with axe is an instant kill (unless it's a heavy, which means you'll have to light someone up for a full second before the airblast/axe).

Pyros are so easy to play...and yet there are very few people who play them correctly. :-(

Pyro

Suck: m1+w

Pro: m1+w, deadly shotgun.

I used to be a Flare Gunner and then one day Steam was having problems so no flare gun and then I shot a Scoot in the back as he was running away from me laughing and it was just magical

also rofl at the admins still not caring about sticky spawn camping

also rofl at the admins still not caring about sticky spawn camping

It's not that they don't care. It's that there's a very controversial interpretation of spawn. There's also controversy over what is camping. lol

spawn - that place I come out of

camping - putting stickies on that place I come out of

it's not really that complicated at all

When you look at spawns like Steel, which are VERY large, where do you draw the line? And if it's at each one of the 3 big openings, what makes that any different from a single or double chokepoint elsewhere on any given map?

As far as camping goes, often while demos are idle, they will lay down random stickies as a deterrent to having the opposing team simply waltz in, then they'll go tend to business elswhere. If they aren't sitting there, watching, and waiting to detonate, is it camping?

Ok you gotta pick a side too, relyanCe said that a Red and a Blu pic is fine.

To answer a question, it will be an artist interpretation of your face, and not just a pic on top of a body.

We will have two pics, one for each team.

So pick your side OCR

Red Team

Brushfire - Pyro

Zircon - Demo

Hemophiliac - Heavy

Blu Team

Tensei - Demoman

Bleck - Pyro

Bahamut - Soldier

When you look at spawns like Steel, which are VERY large, where do you draw the line?

you know those doors that prevent you from leaving the spawn area before it starts

that is where you draw the line

And if it's at each one of the 3 big openings, what makes that any different from a single or double chokepoint elsewhere on any given map?

I actually get to leave my spawn to get to those other checkpoints and as such can actually play for more than a few seconds before dying

As far as camping goes, often while demos are idle, they will lay down random stickies as a deterrent to having the opposing team simply waltz in, then they'll go tend to business elswhere. If they aren't sitting there, watching, and waiting to detonate, is it camping?

it doesn't matter if they're on the spawn - from a logical standpoint the most well traveled path of any tf2 map is the path that leads out of the spawn room and as such when you've got stickies sitting there you have the highest random chance of killing someone with them since people you know have to come out of spawn eventually

EDIT

Bleck - BLU Pyro

you know those doors that prevent you from leaving the spawn area before it starts

that is where you draw the line

See, to my knowledge, that's not the current ruling on the OCR server. This is probably why you feel they aren't inforced. :|