OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I just wanted to say that it is completely and utterly unacceptable that I died at all during this round. In fact, there should not have been a window of more than thirty seconds during which I was not invulnerable.

I assure each and every one of you "doctors" that the board will be hearing of your poor performance.

cpdustbowl0138.jpg

On a somewhat related note, gather your best men. I (on behalf of the Fightatron) officially challenge OCR to a battle of tourneyfaggotry.

I don't care for trashtalk, and I'm not really interested in having any connection to atma after all the bullshit he has done combined with all of the chances he has been given.

I wouldn't expect there to be any truly mean-spirited comments; we are extending the opportunity for your more devoted players to join us and have a bit of a friendly challenge. I still don't understand the reason behind all the hatred for atma around here, but I honestly do not care to hear an explanation. I hope that any bad feelings towards him will not stop you from accepting this game invitation.

At least someone is a voice of reason from there. Besides the usual "HUR ATMUH IS FUNNY U GUYS SUX" comments we usually get.

Can you provide an example of this type of comment? I don't think I have ever heard someone say that atmuh is funny.

I wouldn't decline an invite from the fightatron because of atmuh I would decline an invite from the fightatron because of all the fags from FA

You are generalizing. Why would I pick "fags" for my team when there are plenty of likable and skilled players that regular our server? Your opinion of our user base aside, no one is forcing you to play on their team.

Because that would be a poor decision.

because you are bad at tf2

Can someone on ETG request unblocking of my IP? I rolled a bad one when my DSL cycled, got it removed etc etc, they have to manually remove the block though. This should be all the info they need:

[12:34] Closing Link: pool-70-17-241-177.balt.east.verizon.net Xerol_ (Killed (AdminServ (Insecure Connection (Type CBL:proxy) - for help to get your security fixed plz go here: http://www.enterthegame.com/menuitem.asp?SUB=142)))

Bout time d00d.

We now have the pics for Bahamut, Ashamee, Secret Agent Man, Vivi22, Scytheful, and EdgeCrusher.

We still need these photos:

Red Team

Zircon - Demo

Hemophiliac - Heavy

Zephyr - Spy

Rambo - Sniper

Blu Team

Tensei - Demoman - though a pretty anime girl is what Tensei wants.

Bleck - Pyro

Bahamut - Soldier

NativeJovian - Sniper

Clefairy - Scout

Abyss - Medic

SirChadlyOC - Engie

D-Lux - Heavy

RAR!!

So, a question about how HLstats records headshot % in TF2 - is that only for headshots made while playing Sniper, or is that global headshots across all classes?

Only sniper headshot kills are registered.

Can you provide an example of this type of comment? I don't think I have ever heard someone say that atmuh is funny.

You are generalizing. Why would I pick "fags" for my team when there are plenty of likable and skilled players that regular our server? Your opinion of our user base aside, no one is forcing you to play on their team.

Because that would be a poor decision.

because you are bad at tf2

Shpladoink for best post '09

My internet download rate is up to 35Kb/s.

At this rate I will be able to play again in about 26 days.

HOORAY!!

You know, I once spent a weekend in a hotel where the download speed was about that. Free high speed my ass!

Long story short, I feel your pain.

Weird, the forums stopped emailing me telling me there were new posts again. I was wondering why there hadn't been new posts in like two days...

:banghead:

I forgot how much OCR sucks.

For some reason, I'm reading that as "please remove my reserve slot." Maybe I'm mistaken, though...

So, hate to derail this lovely conversation, but I felt the need to share this gem:

pl_donkeykong_final:

The map has been on the server for some time now (check the /nominate menu).

As for challenges, no thanks, I'll pass. You could always talk to the [lions] folks, as some of them were talking about matches like that earlier.

HEY RAMBO REMEMBER THAT TIME WHERE I SWITCHED TEAMS etc etc.

@ Brushfire: Ouch. My cap at my University was set to 60kbps, although I'm not sure if that's during game sessions too. Also, seemingly at random, that restriction would be uplifted for a bit of time.

Ah...such happy times.

Team talk night has been something bahamut was saying we should try, I wanted to show my support here and see what other people thought about the idea :S

also, apparently votenextmap relies on the rotation, and when you a vote passes it basically just resets the place in the rotation that we're at. maybe we should observe which maps tend to be voted using RTV to build up a decent map cycle that doesn't have to get vote changed so often? Aside from customs, that is, I enjoy having those on because they're generally a change of pace from the maps that most people know pretty much by heart.

also: i really really really hate when a team of a bunch of our best players gets hindered by 3 or 4 slackers that refuse to cooperate, while the other team seems to have a flawless coordination effort. i don't really have any suggestions or anything, just venting a little :\