OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

You would be, wouldn't you?

Sick burn, bro.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that it's good to shake things up on a semi-regular basis. Team Talk Day would allow us a little more brass-tacks style of TF2, as it were, which would be a big change of pace. I'm for it.

In a similar vein, I personally had a lot of fun on those couple of days when the server lost connection to Steam, robbing us of our unlocks. Vanilla Day, for lack of a better term, has the potential to be a great server event as well.

I propose we alternate between Team Talk and Vanilla Day on Thursdays. Failing that, Sundays/Mondays respectively.

A "vanilla" day is another one i was thinking would be a fun change of pace. Most players have an issue with at least one unlockable, but this isn't really about any personal feelings towards them at all... more like how the custom maps are for changing things up and getting some fresh experiences in the game. Although some of the long time players from before unlocks and newbies who don't have them probably won't see much of a change, those of us who've grown accustomed and take for granted the unlockable weapons might find a challenge in not having them available for a while.

And now for something completely different: Apparently I lost my hat on Gravel Pit. Hish noticed it and decided to get a snapshot for me :Dhttp://i41.tinypic.com/ruxnwm.jpg. I'm not really certain what exactly happened, but it will be neat if "bare head" will be an option for the head/hat slot. I'd like to see the soldier's eyes once in a while!

Sick burn, bro.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that it's good to shake things up on a semi-regular basis. Team Talk Day would allow us a little more brass-tacks style of TF2, as it were, which would be a big change of pace. I'm for it.

In a similar vein, I personally had a lot of fun on those couple of days when the server lost connection to Steam, robbing us of our unlocks. Vanilla Day, for lack of a better term, has the potential to be a great server event as well.

I propose we alternate between Team Talk and Vanilla Day on Thursdays. Failing that, Sundays/Mondays respectively.

I'm up for trying this out - what day should this Thursday be?

Edit: Err, I thought by vanilla you meant only stock maps. I feel like the unlocks give more variety to the game.

Edit: Err, I thought by vanilla you meant only stock maps. I feel like the unlocks give more variety to the game.

I'm up for stock maps. I don't really like the idea of no unlockable weapons. Pyros and Medics would be massively gimped. I would never go back to medic without a blutsauger and ubersaw.

EDIT: just remembered that the airblast isn't really an unlock. So pyros are still fine. But the medics man. Think of the medics.

Make this one Team Talk Day, for simplicity's sake. :P

And I agree. The unlocks do mix things up, which is a good thing. But for those of us who use them, it's a unique challenge to go back to the default weapons, especially if we've stuck with the unlock for a long time. That's mostly why I suggested alternating Thursdays; both events sound fun, but I think people would get tired of dealing with them every week.

Also, we play a lot of stock maps already. Doing it like that would be a little redundant in my opinion.

But the medics man. Think of the medics.

I will miss the ubersaw, I'll grant you that. As for the blut, I think a lot of people use it as a crutch. I know I do. :P

And that's really what I want Vanilla Day to be about; challenging yourself by not relying on your unlocks.

I'm up for teamchat only days. I remember when alltalk had to be voted on, on every map change. Wow, that was quite a while ago.

I remember the complaining that arose from that, which is why it got turned back on by default.

In other news, I find that I haven't been enjoying playing TF2 lately. To the point where I rage quit twice on Saturday and once on Sunday.

It's time for me to take a break from TF2. Sorry, guys.

There's a certain irony in this, considering that I got something like 8 new people to get the Orange Box while it was on sale.

In other news, I find that I haven't been enjoying playing TF2 lately. To the point where I rage quit twice on Saturday and once on Sunday.

It's time for me to take a break from TF2. Sorry, guys.

There's a certain irony in this, considering that I got something like 8 new people to get the Orange Box while it was on sale.

It's understandable. Half the reason I'm back to playing TF2 fairly regularly again is because Day of Defeat and to a lesser extent Killzone 2 had me getting my gamer rage on. I'm not sure TF2 is a game I can rage at too much though.

Unless Rambo is a spy on the other team anyway. :D

The server just took a shit on a custom map called "River's Edge," a 5 point CP map. As soon as I got a backstab my game crashed, Rawk Hawk and !! both said when they got a kill they crashed too. We would've avoided it but the votenextmap function wasn't working.

The server just took a shit on a custom map called "River's Edge,"

When we played that map a week (or two?) ago the server shit itself too. Didn't have anything to do with getting kills (I was dominating as a sniper), but it's worth mentioning. Whole server crashed (not individual copies of TF2 like Garian seems to be saying). Maybe there's something wrong with the map, or our server specifically doesn't like it for some reason?

A friendly reminder:

The Unlicensed Officially Unofficial Clan OCR Team Fortress 2 Patch for Jacket or Shirt Type Play, or the TUOUCOCRTF2P4JSTP for short, is a community effort funded by the Foundation of Brushfire's Nerd Jacket, to bring a Clan OCR/TF2 themed patch into exsistance.

This is the current build, sans the terrible undetailed rocket, which has been fixed.

2059zlc.jpg

This is the current list of Patch recipiants. If your name isn't on there and you want one, they are free, and I need to know because once the 50 are gone, no more patch forever.

EdgeCrusher

Zephyr

Bahamut (At least I think he said he wanted one)

Duckyboycantfly

Atmuh - Doesn't want one, but I think it would piss him off more to get one.

Bleck

!!

Dshu

Garian

SirChadly

Triad Orion

Sensai

SecretAgentMan

Meeting_Gman

Powerlord

Zircon

Le Optik.

Ultimasta

Tom

Depo 007

Vivi22

Hemophiliac

If you want one, just post in the thread and ask for one.

Brushfire, everytime I see that I'm absolutely amazed. That looks so damn cool.

EDIT: just remembered that the airblast isn't really an unlock. So pyros are still fine.
Dude...Axetinguisher. The difference between an average Pyro and a great Pyro is in the ability to airblast and, more importantly, Axetinguish like the life depends on it. 'Cause, well, it does.

Team talk day would be fun...but I feel that we might drift again into serious business. I also really like the ability to talk with everyone on both teams. Wasn't there some way a while back where we could have two different types of talking? So...V would be team talk and then another key would be all talk?

Team talk day would be fun...but I feel that we might drift again into serious business. I also really like the ability to talk with everyone on both teams. Wasn't there some way a while back where we could have two different types of talking? So...V would be team talk and then another key would be all talk?

Serious business is good every once in a while :|

When we played that map a week (or two?) ago the server shit itself too. Didn't have anything to do with getting kills (I was dominating as a sniper), but it's worth mentioning. Whole server crashed (not individual copies of TF2 like Garian seems to be saying). Maybe there's something wrong with the map, or our server specifically doesn't like it for some reason?

both the server and some individual copies of the game crashed, the map must be hella buggy for that to happen. Usually when a map is bad only the server crashes, but at least 5 other guys had to restart the game to get back in. I'm not really sure what happened, but somehow the nextmap vote got bugged so we couldn't avoid it.

Also yeah, two push to talk buttons would be quite nice :S