OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Updated!! RAR!! AGAIN!!

This is the current list of Patch recipients. If your name isn't on there and you want one, they are free, and I need to know because once the 50 are gone, no more patch forever.

EdgeCrusher

Zephyr - Address Recieved

Bahamut (At least I think he said he wanted one) - Address Recieved

Duckyboycantfly

Atmuh - Doesn't want one, but I think it would piss him off more to get one. - Address Recieved

Bleck

!!

Dhsu

Garian

SirChadly

Triad Orion

Sensai

SecretAgentMan

Meeting_Gman

Powerlord

Zircon

Le Optik.

Ultimasta

Tom

Depo 007

Vivi22

Hemophiliac -Address Received

Brycepops

DarkeSword

Native Jovian

FireSlash - Address Received

Abyss

Nutritious

RAMBO!! - Address Recieved

Bonzai - Address Recieved

Pavlvs

BardicKnowledge

SporkKnight

Scytheful

Ashamee - Address Recieved

Nekofrog - Address Recieved

Scrobble - Address Recieved

Halt - Address Recieved

Vimk - Address Recieved

Lyrai

Trogdor

JakeSnke17

ShadowFangll

If you want one, just post in the thread and ask for one.

45/50 are already gone! Once they are gone, they are gone from forever!!

Some more patch requests!

I would like one, so would Shadowfang11 and Oriden (they're asking through me because they are lazy butts and haven't registered for the forums yet), and A-cha as well, who doesn't play nearly enough TF2 thanks to World of Warcraft but who has been on the server once or twice (and who has promised to be on more!).

Some rumors that the Spy update is secretly also coming out Tuesday were given some credibility by Valve, as they altered the Day 3 pic for a few minutes today, adding a cloaked spy behind the Sniper holding up the shield.

In any case, one good suggestion for the Spy update is to trade out the Sapper for something. It's the most situational tool in the game, really -- and the only thing with a weapon-slot that can hurt only one class.

I'd consider trading for something more combat worthy, especially since offensive Engineers don't require sapping as much...

I'm running a secondary server if the bahamut's is full, or more likely to test out mods and maps before they get thrown into rotation. Right now I'm still doing lag testing though.

Oh, I also got bored during lunch again. :<

status_1.png

It's on a 5 minute cron, but I might file it down to 1min since the code ended up being a lot more lightweight than I thought.

Yeah, some are speculating that this is actually a spy update in disguise (no pun intended) or a dual update. Also, there appears to be something in the spy's hand.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3573/spyuncloak.jpg

Of course, this could just be Valve screwing with us, but we'll find out on Tuesday.

are you talking about the one on the ground or the one decloaking behind the sniper?

So the lions got rocked again last night... I think mostly because we picked our class lineup like right at the beginning while bonzai! was downloading the map and had no sense of coordination, and none of us really knew the map so we couldn't just run to the health kits when we needed to. The other team wasn't really amazing though, they were just really coordinated and didn't single file straight into fire like a couple of us tried to :S

Looking forward to scrimming against them... saturday night i think rambo said?

It seems I am not the only update.

Now, the only problem I see is that these items both replace the cloaking watch.

Meaning that you only have one of the three cloaking watches. It's also implied that the Dead Ringer watch removes your normal cloaking ability.

It occurs to me that the Dead Ringer could be rendered useless on a Hlstatsx server. Killed a spy, got no points for it? Busted.

...or would the game report it as a death and you'd get kills for not actually killing a spy? It could work either way.

Perhaps it's time to shed HLStatsX then. Fireslash pointed me to PsychoStats, a free stats service though. I'll see what I decide to do in the next few days, I just spent 4-5 hours typing out an email so I'm too spent to think deeply on it.

er... yeah, the same Psychostats I mentioned like 80 pages back?