OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

anybody who does not know why hoodoo is bad has not played past the first stage of it

either that or nobody played engineer or sniper on red during stage 2 or 3

basically it's bad because unlike the good payload maps (like badwater) where they were designed to utilize as little chokepoints as possible, hoodoo is comprised almost entirely of chokepoints and sniper nests

which is not a good thing

anybody who does not know why hoodoo is bad has not played past the first stage of it

either that or nobody played engineer or sniper on red during stage 2 or 3

basically it's bad because unlike the good payload maps (like badwater) where they were designed to utilize as little chokepoints as possible, hoodoo is comprised almost entirely of chokepoints and sniper nests

which is not a good thing

You mean the badwater that has one long chokepoint before point A and another between points B and C?

Surely you couldn't be talking about THAT badwater?

I am pretty sure that the idea of a chokepoint is that there is only one way to a place

in badwater there are three ways of going to point a - if you're being blocked on the cart path, you go over the hill either left or right

in hoodoo, if you're being blocked you just... watch your teammates run into sentries and snipers over and over whilst the heavy medic charges an uber

one of these is good design, the other is not

I am pretty sure that the idea of a chokepoint is that there is only one way to a place

in badwater there are three ways of going to point a - if you're being blocked on the cart path, you go over the hill either left or right

in hoodoo, if you're being blocked you just... watch your teammates run into sentries and snipers over and over whilst the heavy medic charges an uber

one of these is good design, the other is not

Hoodoo part 1 between points A and B has at least two routes... 3 if you're a Scout, Demo, Engy (using a dispenser) or Soldier.

Even to the first point, there's an area the goes under part of the building around behind it. Pretty sure it's hoodoo I'm thinking of.

pretty sure I said it was parts 2 and 3 of hoodoo that were bad

Part 2 is the one with the center building? There's at least one passage around behind it (I was playing Spy on this section and used it a lot) as well as an upper passage into the building. One the cart takes that point (Part 2 point A?) you can go around that building iirc in addition to the previously mentioned passage to past that building and the tracks through the building.

I don't remember part 3 that well... as I recall, the cart dips through the water at one point on it, and there's still several side passages into the last open area.

Part 2 is the one with the center building? There's at least one passage around behind it (I was playing Spy on this section and used it a lot) as well as an upper passage into the building.

I only remember one alternate passage, and it's so cramped that one pyro or soldier effectively nullify any conceivable threat

Just fyi classes I am great at: scout, pyro, sniper

classes I am good at: spy, engineer, medic

classes I hate and wish would go away forever: everything else

hobjection.gif

If you are great at scout and pyro, then you can aim and hold down m1, respectively, which means that you can't possibly be that bad at soldier or heavy, which require those two skills. Demoman is also ruled out because my cat got three dominations on the ocr server last week by alternating m1 and m2 while licking his own balls and whacking his tail on the keyboard.

Given this information, the only logical conclusion is that you hate bullets and explosives in a game riddled with, yes, bullets and explosives. Would you like to explain this discrepancy?

Ah Pyro...how you are so misunderstood.

Y'see, gents, it's not the W+M1 that gets you...it's the W+M2.

SENSAI! Stop being sensitive. These same people also believe that there's no difference between a n00b and a pro soldier. They probably also believe that the Huntsman takes great skill.

Nice poem no less. You team-switcher. Dick.

Nice poem no less. You team-switcher. Dick.
Dammit Rambo, we had come so far without problems. Why would you bring this up? ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN CHRISTMAS....IN JULY!?!

And I think Hoodoo is one of those maps that's fine as long as there aren't too many Engineers (please see: Goldrush, Dustbowl, Badwater before the second point)....unless it's the last Hoodoo stage, in which case it's easy for a Red Pyro to just jump down and light everyone on fire over and over and over again.

haha, i was pretty frustrated because i was doing OK with the huntsman, but 3 other guys decided to go around getting killed as stationary scope/huntsman snipers, we had no classes that could do anything, just snipers and scouts basically so i went demo for a while, eventually we got a medic, but NO ONE would spy check so meatball was dominating half the team (incl. me)... what was REALLY frustrating was when i'd say 'that's a spy, don't heal him,' and the medic would get an assist against our own team anyway. The scores on their team were somewhat less abysmal, but at least their guys worked together mostly... it was still fun, even though i was kinda angry about it at the time :)

Just so everyone knows, this is the current rotation:

ctf_2fort

cp_granary

plr_pipeline

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

cp_fastlane

ctf_turbine

cp_steel

tc_hydro

pl_badwater

cp_well

cp_pacman_wtf_party

pl_goldrush

cp_badlands

cp_junction_final

cp_badwater

I approve of this rotation. Though... it feels like something is missing...

Also, lawl junction. I kinda want to play it again, even if I recall hating it.

EDIT: Oh, I know what it was. Noone likes egypt? :sad: