OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Some guy named bryonthebulb apparently. I got on right after he started DDOSing, and around that time, some random guy added me to his friends, then proceeded to try to join the server 20 times, then the server crashed. So I guess it was the same guy. I added him back on my friends list but he never answered. Name was stairmasternem

TF2 update today. Here's the copy pasta (I've bolded interesting/important changes):

Added a "Discard" button to the item pickup panel.

Added a backstab custom death animation to the Heavy.

Changed default for tf_arena_use_queue to 1. This was the original behavior prior to the last update.

Changed the Dead Ringer so it can be activated while carrying the flag.

Increased the Force-A-Nature's damage by 10%.

Fixed not being able to reflect arrows with the Flamethrower.

Fixed The Huntsman drawing a muzzle flash under lagged conditions.

Fixed the background color of the Spy disguise panel not always matching his disguise team.

Fixed idle players being kicked when the server has tf_arena_use_queue set to 0.

Fixed Spies not being able to sap a building if an enemy player was colliding with the building.

Fixed getting a real target ID on an enemy Spy that's disguised as one of your teammates if you are disguised as an enemy.

Fixed the Ambassador not shooting enemy sticky bombs.

Fixed Spies being able to automatically cloak after uncloaking at the moment of a weapon switch.

Fixed Jarate instantly exploding when thrown in some places, like the final area of Badwater.

Fixed spectators not having their items removed when they enter spectator mode.

Fixed Sniper "civilian" exploit where players could crash the server.

Fixed a couple of cases where viable backstabs would fail.

Obviously the last part about backstabs is the punchline to a joke that hasn't been told yet.

I'm a little sad that you will now be able to sap "occupied" buildings. I used to like hiding in a dispenser as a pyro or heavy to help protect against spies. That and I get sad whenever they nerf an engineer, even if it's something as small as this.

TF2 update today. Here's the copy pasta (I've bolded interesting/important changes):

Obviously the last part about backstabs is the punchline to a joke that hasn't been told yet.

The only reason that "joke" hasn't been told is because I didn't come here and bitch about it the other day after missing a clear backstab on a medic and ragequitting shortly thereafter.

I suspect this was in relation to the hitboxes also being messed up. Earlier yesterday, I missed an obvious backstab on a Spy, who then turned around and facestabbed me. My point here being that I was apparently close enough to him that it counted the stab as to his face, so when he turned, he was close enough to me for the stab to count as my back.

I may have gotten the server first arrow reflect kill. Stats haven't updated yet, so can't be sure.

Anyway, it was on goldrush stage 2. I charged into the side tunnel at start, lit a bunch of people up, AB'ed on a hunch. Got meatball with his own arrow :lol:

EDIT:

They must have upped the fan's crit rate too

Indirectly, yes. Crits for all weapons are based on how much damage you've recently done (20 seconds as I recall), and now you're doing 10% more damage per shot flat out. Toss in a decent amount of luck, and it makes sense to see your crit rate spike.

So how about we give alltalk a rest for a while, eh? The idea of a team talk night was tossed around, then quickly disappeared when dissent was made.

Every time alltalk has been turned off, people here have started to complain about it.

I think it's worth considering if those complaints have merit. Personally, I think people bitch about it just because it's different.

I wouldn't mind it at all. Server events increase the feeling of community, and I was very sad to see them disappear. Now we're right back to doing Goldbowl every night, with a little Badwater and Pipeline on the side. I honestly can't think of a way to properly express my annoyance over this.

Additionally, despite our professions toward being a casual server, a substantive portion of the regulars are, for lack of a better term, in it to win it. I'm all for fun and games, but there comes a point where getting stomped into the ground because your team has 3 spies/snipers and their team has 2, as well as a mysterious ability to ACTUALLY CO-ORDINATE, the game stops being fun.

Suffice to say, I just want a little teamwork from my team. Suspending alltalk occasionally would do a lot toward that end.