OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Problem being though even with alltalk off, most pubbies won't coordinate anyway. Its a novel concept to think that if alltalk was off that everything would be "peaches and cream" about people doing their best to work as a team, but yeah, it just doesn't happen. That's why I have a couple of servers on my favorites list that are passworded for other communities I go to that are pretty much "work as a team or you'll get your ass banned". If the idea of the second server ever rolled out for OCR, it might be good to have one night a week set up for serious teamwork/alltalk off settings, or maybe more than one night a week.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you did a one night alltalk off, you're probably gonna confuse people, or just cause an issue of people who only want alltalk (most of the people in the thread here and on IRC) or the people want it off (serious players or random people that show up and ask for it). You're never really gonna make everyone happy with this decision, but I personally like alltalk cause it does make the server fun to hear people bitching about stuff, and its something that a lot of servers don't have. But if it comes down to it, have a regulars vote on here and on IRC.

Problem being though even with alltalk off, most pubbies won't coordinate anyway. Its a novel concept to think that if alltalk was off that everything would be "peaches and cream" about people doing their best to work as a team, but yeah, it just doesn't happen. That's why I have a couple of servers on my favorites list that are passworded for other communities I go to that are pretty much "work as a team or you'll get your ass banned". If the idea of the second server ever rolled out for OCR, it might be good to have one night a week set up for serious teamwork/alltalk off settings, or maybe more than one night a week.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you did a one night alltalk off, you're probably gonna confuse people, or just cause an issue of people who only want alltalk (most of the people in the thread here and on IRC) or the people want it off (serious players or random people that show up and ask for it). You're never really gonna make everyone happy with this decision, but I personally like alltalk cause it does make the server fun to hear people bitching about stuff, and its something that a lot of servers don't have. But if it comes down to it, have a regulars vote on here and on IRC.

I like having all-talk on. When team-talk is on, you never get any fun banter going, and it quickly degenerates into one guy (usually a pubbie) whining about how his team sucks and generally being a dickass. Having all-talk on prevents people from taking the game to the point where it ruins the fun for others.

Most servers you join are teamtalk only. That's where you get the people complaining about how much their teammates suck, just like Darkesword mentioned. When people join OCR and they realize it's alltalk, it gives them a different attitude about playing the game (and for some, it's their first time on an alltalk server). Combine that with the fact that we're talking like friends, and we get a lot of people who stick around, like our pubbies who have joined the site because they wuv our server so much.

Alltalk is one of the highlights of the OCR server and if people want to get omgserious about the game and strategy, keep it to one night a week/month or join another server.

I like having all-talk on. When team-talk is on, you never get any fun banter going

This, basically.

Also, Meatball and I would never get to talk since we're always on separate teams, and he is required to apologize every 5 head shots on my heavy. :<

Most servers you join are teamtalk only. That's where you get the people complaining about how much their teammates suck, just like Darkesword mentioned. When people join OCR and they realize it's alltalk, it gives them a different attitude about playing the game (and for some, it's their first time on an alltalk server). Combine that with the fact that we're talking like friends, and we get a lot of people who stick around, like our pubbies who have joined the site because they wuv our server so much.

Alltalk is one of the highlights of the OCR server and if people want to get omgserious about the game and strategy, keep it to one night a week/month or join another server.

I would hope that random pubbies would realize it's an Alltalk server... the server name has Alltalk in it!

Oh, wow. Psychostats records humiliation AND less than six people? Damn...that's a little crazy. I guess it gives people who care about that stuff another incentive to win.

About alltalk, I personally enjoy it. The difference between the OCR server and Random Pub #37 is that the OCR server is more caring and less serious business. I mean, serious business is good and everything, but the ability to just hop on a server and have a good time with everyone from both sides is something that I think sets it above any other server.

I guess what I mean is that alltalk disencourages serious business and encourages people to have fun and not be assholes.

[Edit:]

And, if alltalk were turned off, how would Rambo chastize me about not being on his team?

I guess what I mean is that alltalk disencourages serious business and encourages people to have fun and not be assholes.

This CAN be true. But it can also facilitate trolling and being an asshole.

And, if alltalk were turned off, how would Rambo chastize me about not being on his team?

Wait, he's got a point.

To be perfectly honest, the only person I ever really hear talking about what's actually going on in the game is myself, and usually I'm just screaming at people for being terrible.

so turning alltalk off would just limit people for no reason

This.

I left to go to a buddies server, since he just got it, and I figured I'd help him out. I just couldn't stand not having alltalk. It just seems so serious, and I was so incredibly bored that I left about 5 minutes later and came back to OCR.

If we have nights of non-alltalk, I probably just won't play. It'll feel too weird.

[01:28] <Bleck> also wait a minute

[01:28] <Bleck> I've been playing this game on this server

[01:28] <Bleck> for over a year now

[01:28] <Bleck> neko comes along plays for a month

[01:28] <Bleck> and he is an admin???

[01:28] <Hemophiliac> no idea

[01:28] <Hemophiliac> Baha

[01:29] <Bleck> is the cr in ocr supposed to stand for circlejerk or is that just coincidence???

[01:31] <Bleck> oh well I guess whatever bullshit he pulls in those five days is meaningless!!

[01:31] <@Bahamut> no, but what, you care that little?

[01:31] <Bleck> itc baha does not understand sarcasm

Don't pull that bullshit, I can c/p plenty more, and others saw it too. You have a major attitude problem, and I did not provoke that shit at all. You're banned there as long as you don't calm down & learn to discuss things in a civil manner, because I don't need to take such shit from you at 2 in the morning.