OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Reserved Slot holders can:

Cancel Vote

Vote Map

Vote Kick

Vote Ban

Vote FF

Scramble Teams (? I know vote scramble at the least)

Changemap

Lengthen time on server

Alltalk Configuration

Deadtalk Configuration

Fixed from off the top of my head. Not sure about us having the last two though. Get rid of the bolded one. It's causing too much strife. Of course, that's for anyone but me :3

(also don't skip my post because it was very responsible and if you give me admins i won't tell anyone i promise)

but the fact that he has been unbanned in the first place after being banned for bloody racism is still basically rofl good jorb admins

Is this in regards to canadians? if it is... we aren't a race... :|

I'm also indifferent about this. I'm fine when he jokingly pokes fun at canada. Who doesn't???

But hey, others for one reason or another, might not find it funny.

Also, how was I at fault - I could post the chatlog if necessary, but for the most part I was inquiring about it until you turned it into a he-said-she-said type of argument, which at that point I got frustrated & kinda pissed.

you know what I think we were both pretty pissed at that time and as such dwelling on that is worthless - let's just put that behind us all

also I don't like being slayed and I think map changes should rarely, if ever, be used

edit:

Is this in regards to canadians? if it is... we aren't a race... :|

I'm also indifferent about this. I'm fine when he jokingly pokes fun at canada. Who doesn't???

I am pretty sure he wasn't talking about canada when he was banned for it but whatever

Fixed from off the top of my head. Not sure about us having the last two though. Get rid of the bolded one. It's causing too much strife. Of course, that's for anyone but me :3

(also don't skip my post because it was very responsible and if you give me admins i won't tell anyone i promise)

You know, I wondered why my override wasn't working - I'm pretty sure I have it fixed now.

Edit: I also fixed the changemap before my other post.

You know, I wondered why my override wasn't working - I'm pretty sure I have it fixed now.

Edit: I also fixed the changemap before my other post.

I guess I haven't checked recently. I just remember being able to cancel some votes like the one voteban I did against the annoying "noob" kid that wouldn't shut up (of course 3 seconds later I canceled it, since I just wanted to get the message to him that I had the power and that he should stop being annoying).

There should be a vote mute command, on the topic of annoying people that won't shut up. Though I might abuse that a bit, though not as much considering I can't cancel a vote anymore.

lol, it cracks me up when people from the States trash us Canadians actually, but everyone should keep it all in good fun.

I haven't played much lately, finals and whatnot, and I'm going to fiji for a month, so maybe I'll drop by TF2 sometime when I get back.

As an admin, I can think of 1 or 2 other people who I'd remove admins from.

I'm sure some people think that about me, too... since I've been forcing team scrambles a lot recently.

Any yes, I shouldn't do it quite so often. Just like people shouldn't team stack.

Edit:

I also have issues with peoples' behavior on 2fort lately. Threatening to kick people (and actually kicking them) because they won't use melee weapons only in the water pit is treading the edge.

Threatening outright to ban them (at least in my presence) and I won't hesitate to pull your admin powers without consulting Bahamut first.

As an admin, I can think of 1 or 2 other people who I'd remove admins from.

I'm sure some people think that about me, too... since I've been forcing team scrambles a lot recently.

Any yes, I shouldn't do it quite so often. Just like people shouldn't team stack.

Edit: I also have issues with peoples' behavior on 2fort lately. Threatening to kick people because they won't use melee weapons in the water pit is treading the edge.

Threatening outright to ban them (at least in my presence) and I won't hesitate to pull your admin powers without consulting Bahamut first.

People were threatening to ban other people if they wouldn't melee? Whoever that is...they have something coming to them. Yikes!

Powerlord: i agree with scrambling, it's totally fine and a judgement call...stacking wether or not it's intentional seems to happen often (yes there are a lot of players who join at random, i know this). I have been forcing scrambles often lately too due to seeing a team being rolled a few times in a row.

Just to put this to rest for the people who accuse ME of this. I've never considered what I do teamstacking. I do always make an effort to join Bonzai's team for 2 reasons. I enjoy playing with her, and because on occasion we will have a chat program open. I like being able to strategize privately when there's a good match. If the opposing team is getting rolled, and there's no votescramble, I switch. If we're both just arriving to the server, we'll either both join the losing team, or go one side a piece.

I consider joining what looks to be an already better team stacking. Not playing with a friend all the time.

So if anyone has a problem with that, take it up here.

EDIT: And for the love of God, I don't perma-medic people. I heal everyone who needs it, and when noone else needs it of COURSE I'm going to stay with a good player. Bonzai, or Bahamut, or Sensai or whoever else may be helping lead the team. And I'll usually uber these people exclusively as well, because they're intelligent enough to go the classes we need. I'm not gonna uber a heavy to take out 3 sentries.

Just to put this to rest for the people who accuse ME of this. I've never considered what I do teamstacking. I do always make an effort to join Bonzai's team for 2 reasons. I enjoy playing with her, and because on occasion we will have a chat program open. I like being able to strategize privately when there's a good match. If the opposing team is getting rolled, and there's no votescramble, I switch. If we're both just arriving to the server, we'll either both join the losing team, or go one side a piece.

I consider joining what looks to be an already better team stacking. Not playing with a friend all the time.

So if anyone has a problem with that, take it up here.

It's not so bad when it's just two people.

When it's 4-5, then there's a problem.

this basically

also I don't care when medics stick to one person (it's what I do with sensai) but it does kind of bug me when they stick to another medic who is trying to ubersaw people

I haven't seen anyone do that in a while but I'm just putting that out there

I agree, but what if say, 5 [lions] were leading a single team, but the matches were even?

I'm just asking on a technicality. If a team with 4 [lions] on it is losing, am I expected to join the winning team with no lions? Or even regulars that aren't lions? Again, I always try to join the weaker team. But if I'm not going to upset the balance of the game one way or another, I'll join a team with more friends/regulars.

Would any of you frown upon this?

EDIT: On a side note. When a votescramble comes up, if I'm on the winning team I'll vote yes, and if I'm on the losing team I'll often vote no. Simply because it's typically not a matter of players, but teamwork. I'm quite serious about team balance... there's no fun in rolling OR being rolled. I do appreciate input.

rambo don't leave i love you. anybody that has a problem with rambo can fight me, and believe me, i will fight you. even you bleck. and btw bleck has a terrible opinion about all things related to videogames, so just stop listening to him (seriously, it's just uncanny how bad his opinion is).

edge i don't really care for you much, but that's not a bad thing it's more of a neutral thing. getting pissed off over people trying to take away your admins is fine. throwing your arms up and screaming that you're done and never coming back is bullshit. have some respect, take the lashings, and just try and do better next time.

and my god whoever is accusing rambo of teamstacking because he's joining a team with his online girlfriend (shut up you two we all know it) is just so completely stupid it makes me want to punch all of you in the face. if somebody doesn't want to heal you, oh well. bitch about it, but then move on to the next map. or just come back tomorrow. or get better so he'll heal you next time.

btw i'm holier than all of thou so eat shit and die and take my advice. this is the one time you'll see me serious.

and i agree with atmuh in that the best admins barely have to use their admins.

I never said I was leaving and never coming back. I said that Im just tired of the way the server is at the moment. Its a dramafest like no other, and at this point I get no enjoyment playing on the OCR server at all. I pretty much said that I'm just done with it for an undetermined amout of time. That would be the definition of "I doubt I will be back". I never say never in terms of leaving, mainly cause I've left #ocremix at least 20 times in the last 8 years. I don't wanna do a rambo ;)

But my opinion of team stacking is as long as its not making a a difference in terms of team balance, it shouldn't really matter too much, unless you have like 6+ players from a clan. Rambo wise, he has healed me plenty whenever I called for it, so he's doing his job. I don't see how anyone can bitch about that.

rambo don't leave i love you. anybody that has a problem with rambo can fight me, and believe me, i will fight you. even you bleck. and btw bleck has a terrible opinion about all things related to videogames, so just stop listening to him (seriously, it's just uncanny how bad his opinion is).

and my god whoever is accusing rambo of teamstacking because he's joining a team with his online girlfriend (shut up you two we all know it) is just so completely stupid it makes me want to punch all of you in the face. if somebody doesn't want to heal you, oh well. bitch about it, but then move on to the next map. or just come back tomorrow. or get better so he'll heal you next time.

hahaha. Thanks ducky. You just made my night. :smile:

I don't wanna do a rambo ;)

SHE started smoking!!! It wasn't ME that cracked!! :<

But my opinion of team stacking is as long as its not making a a difference in terms of team balance, it shouldn't really matter too much, unless you have like 6+ players from a clan. Rambo wise, he has healed me plenty whenever I called for it, so he's doing his job. I don't see how anyone can bitch about that.

Thanks edge. :)

bleck has a terrible opinion about all things related to videogames, so just stop listening to him (seriously, it's just uncanny how bad his opinion is).

<3

also yeah rambo don't ever leave I may not like you trying to ubersaw people but you are still the best guy

us canadiennes have to stick together we do

I also have issues with peoples' behavior on 2fort lately. Threatening to kick people (and actually kicking them) because they won't use melee weapons only in the water pit is treading the edge.

It's not "treading the edge," it's outright admin abuse. "Melee only in the water" isn't a rule, and neither is "no shooting grenades through the hole in Pipeline 2 before round start." The rules for the server are discussed here and made here, in this thread, and we've never considered those issues or discussed making rules about them (and we don't need to).

I don't think anyone that doesn't post in this thread to discuss issues should get Admin powers. I don't care if you idle in #ocrtf2, you need to be posting here, on this forum, in this thread.

And come on, don't kick people off the server because they're dominating you. That's childish. Admin actions should always be taken for the good of the server (banning griefers, abusive micspammers, etc.), not for personal reasons (getting dominated, not conforming to your made up, undiscussed house rules, etc.).

Man. I missed a lot of drama.

@ Powerlord, Hemo, other admins about votescrambling: I really don't see any problem with this. Teams are usually getting unbalanced due to the fact that we have a lot of really good people playing on the server, and if the stars align and one team gets a ton of good spies and the other doesn't get a single decent pyro...it's over. Votescrambling is good practice, always.

@ team stacking: I've noticed a lot of people will intentionally join one team or another, although I'm not sure why. When I bring someone with me that you guys haven't seen before, they're likely completely new to TF2 (or don't play it much at all) and they'll join my team. None of them are good, but I can understand the frustration of having people wait to join RED because X person is there.

@ Bleck, Powerlord, DarkeSword: I don't think Ele threatened to ban the shooting pipes over the pipeline thing...but I do remember her saying something about it. I don't remember, but I don't think 'ban' was a word she used.

That 2fort incident got a little outta hand. I don't think Ele should've banned whoever it was, but they were obviously griefing. It's fine not meleeing in the water on 2fort, as it's just part of the game; what they were doing was going heavy, spinning up, and jumping into the water just to grief over and over again. Not bannable, definitely, but pretty damn aggravating and obviously just trolling. Like I said earlier, it was not handled in the best of ways (actually, it was done really, really badly)...but it was clearly griefing.

@ Rambo: YOU!? SWITCH?! TRAITOR!!

@ Rambo, Bleck: I'm flattered you think I'm stick-with-able as a medic. :-D

@ everyone: It took a long while to read through the 4 pages of drama and make this post.

If a team with 4 [lions] on it is losing, am I expected to join the winning team with no lions? Or even regulars that aren't lions?

LOOOL when has this ever happened? :tomatoface:

ITT: Americans are jealous because Canada has Corner Gas (the best TV show ever made), free health care, deliciously-made ice cream (and other dairy products), superior salt+vinegar chips, Roots clothing stores, good hockey players (and Don Cherry), and $1 and $2 coins.

We don't, and we take out our frustrations with TF2 drama.