OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

If I recall correctly, I believe there was an update that changed their spread accuracy so that it didn't spread so much, though it was minor. Not sure on that one, but it may be because you're getting hit slightly more than you used to.

... that, or I'm somehow getting better at Heavy despite only playing once every now and then.

EDIT: You know what? I'm not playing TF2 in the afternoons anymore. Way too many idiots/micspammers and whatnot. It's just not fun then.

(and Heavies, as I've recently learned) don't really have 'good' and 'bad' variations: they just have 'good' and 'less good.'

WRONG.

I'm a TERRIBLE heavy. I can play any class moderately well... except heavy. If I go heavy, not only can I not contribute to my team, I will be detrumental. No joke.

I've wondered if I was the only one that was like that sometimes. Though I also seem to just have specific maps that I'm good at with some classes. Especially Sniper since I like using the Huntsman a lot. I find it works best with relatively tight spaces.

I started using the sniper more just for the huntsman and jarate. I suck ass at it, but they are so damn fun.

In the spirit of last night's hilarious round of Badlands, I would like to propose a new unofficial rule.

Henceforth, upon achieving victory by steamroll, the winning team shall be obliged to challenge the losing team to a round of melee only, melee/taunt, or taunt only kills. If sufficient positive response is received, 40% and up I would say, the server is polled and the round proceeds accordingly.

The griefing potential is high, obviously; nothing ruins a melee duel like a third man wandering in with his gun of choice drawn. Still, I think it would be a pretty good way to blow off steam after failing miserably.

I just got my patch in the mail from Brushfire. Holy crap this thing is huge. How were they made dude?

Seconded. I was expecting a little thing to stitch onto my jacket but christ this thing is big enough to use as a frisbee.

I started using the sniper more just for the huntsman and jarate. I suck ass at it, but they are so damn fun.

Nothing quite like the feeling of pinning your enemies to the wall by their head (or arm, or groin). Only thing better is reflecting an arrow back at a sniper, but that's as much luck as skill (or in my case all luck).

Garian called my methods of Sniping 'terrorism' last night, haha. AND I surpassed Lumpy in points, while we were both Snipers. Many screenshots were had.

The trick is to forgo the use of a gun at all. You take that little sacred jar of urine and you hurl it at your enemies and then you charge in like a mad man.

They'll never know what hit them...until they're hit again and again and again.

I didn't notice any change to the base damage, but it seems like I crit a bit more.

EDIT: In retrospect, perhaps it's more because of sniper jarate? Minigun + jarate = rape.

Seriously, a Heavy can mow down a non-overhealed Scout, Spy, Sniper, Medic, or hell, a Pyro, in 1 second or less now from medium range. Without the target being Jarated. It's ridiculous.

Edit: So, on an unrelated note, Michael Jackson died today?

This is my favorite dustbowl ever.

cp_dustbowl0000.jpg

Responding to the people whose text is in the post, an uber plus a Spy simultaneously could probably wipe those out quite easily.

Also, I received my patch... and noticed that it says reinterpenting instead of reinterpreting on it.

haha I've finally registered after playing on the server and listening to music for so long, When was that SS taken with all the sentries?

I've been registered forever, just never actually posted all that much. I have too much fun talking to you guys in-game.

Most of the complaints about Pyros are the result of sour grapes. I can't think of a single other FPS where being set on fire is so prevalent and pervasive. A flamethrower isn't a gun, and people are not used to that kind of close-quarters, constant-stream-of-damage style of play, so they get pissed when a Pyro manages to get in close or flank and take them out very quickly by bringing the heat.

People need to realize that this isn't CS or UT or Quake; this is TF2, and they will burn.

When I first got this game, I *hated* it, because the pace tends to be really ridiculous twitch gameplay. Coming from ET:QW as my first strategic FPS, following the classic deathmatch games, I still prefer a game with a bit more nuance. But I have to admit, TF2 is the only FPS that has continued to add content and prevent things from getting boring. Not to mention the life and character they gave it. If Quake Wars did that, it would have been a much superior game.

When I first got this game, I *hated* it, because the pace tends to be really ridiculous twitch gameplay. Coming from ET:QW as my first strategic FPS, following the classic deathmatch games, I still prefer a game with a bit more nuance. But I have to admit, TF2 is the only FPS that has continued to add content and prevent things from getting boring. Not to mention the life and character they gave it. If Quake Wars did that, it would have been a much superior game.

Kinda funny, I found TF2 kinda hard to get into originally as well, but mainly because of how slow the pacing felt compared to more traditional deathmatch FPSs like UT2k4. I stuck with it though because regulars from #ocremix were playing it. And then soon after I started the server because there was interest expressed in #ocremix in getting a server for the community, yet nobody was acting on it.

Never did I imagine it exploding the way it did with so many regulars though, or the server evolving the way it did. Originally I couldn't fathom the thought of a viable server for the community with alltalk on or even a hint of micspam accepted, and yet it happened and gameplay hasn't suffered too much for it I feel. Better yet, people enjoy being able to talk to everyone and it has fostered much interaction that you won't see on many other servers. The server has been moving away from my vision for it and more towards the community's vision, and in a way I'm relieved that it has done so. I'm perhaps too rigid of a person in some ways to implement policies of my devising that is amenable to most of the OCR TF2 community.

Also, Brushfire has been added to admins again!

Hey guys, one of my friends is working on a CP map and is about ready to throw up an alpha release.

The concept is slightly different. There's five points, two RED, two BLU, and one neutral. The neutral one is locked, while the other four are open. You can only cap the neutral point if you control the other four.

If you guys are interested, I'll post up a download link whenever he puts it up for distribution.

Friend just put it up, if anyone's interested. http://www.mediafire.com/?149muodm2v4

My friend also asked to pass on a simple warning:

[τ§м] WOW A BONK SALE: just make sure they expect an uglyish, undetailed map

Force-A-Kiyobi: k