OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Wait, why don't we like Sudden Death? Without it, we won't have stupidly tense moments, only to laugh when Chadly's mouse runs outta batteries.

If it's at all up for a vote, +1 to bringing back sudden death.

Dear everyone who is on my team.

If you see me playing Sniper, yes, I am probably going to be one of the lower people on the scoreboards, and I am sorry.

I'm trying ot learn it, but I seem to have hit this wall. My mind keeps wanting to fire one second after it's too late.

Same. If I'm a Sniper, expect a lot of me sucking and/or giggling over the mic. Yes, giggling. I'm that bad at it and it's that funny when I kill someone (especially by terrorist means!).

[Edit:]

Also forgot to mention that I won't be around for a week, give or take. So, I'll see you guys in...y'know, about a week. Give or take.

Wait, why don't we like Sudden Death? Without it, we won't have stupidly tense moments, only to laugh when Chadly's mouse runs outta batteries.

If it's at all up for a vote, +1 to bringing back sudden death.

Agreed. I can't recall anyone ever really getting pissed about it, and considering it rarely takes more than a few minutes and can lead to some awesome moments for all I see no reason to disable it. Of course, if a majority of people disagree with me then it's no skin off my nose to have it disabled.

I was hoping to get a chance to tell this story. We were on Dustbowl today, stage 2. I was a blue spy, and made it my business to sap red's teleporters. The... second time, I think, Rambo got annoyed and rolled pyro(he was sniper at the time). We spent a good two and a half minutes dancing around the second cap area. That was stupidly tense, but it was so funny to see him wasting so much time just for me.

There were lots of great moments from tonight, actually. "It's raining, I shouldn't be on fire!" is my personal favorite.

On all maps, because I thought it pissed people off. It also seems to favor the currently losing team on specific maps (Fastlane, Badlands) because they already have the classes set up to camp resulting in a Stalemate.

There may be a plugin to do it, but it's not a built-in. This would also be disadvantageous for:

1. Medics with Ubersaw equipped (slower attack)

2. Pyros with Axeinguisher equipped (lower damage)

3. Scout with Bat (lower damage)

and advantageous for:

1. All classes with more HP (Heavy, Soldier, Demoman)

2. Scout with Sandman (stun)

3. Heavy with KGB (a kill = 5 sec of crits)

4. Spies (instant kill backstab, cloak and disguise may still work depending on how plugin worked)

Just install the plugin that switches everyone to a single random class. Or just everyone go heavy, that works for me.

Also, why on earth did you think that disabling sudden death was okay? I didn't see any general consensus for doing so.

Just install the plugin that switches everyone to a single random class. Or just everyone go heavy, that works for me.

Also, why on earth did you think that disabling sudden death was okay? I didn't see any general consensus for doing so.

1. It's unexpected on CTF maps when it happens. And it will happen if both teams have the same score. Keeping in mind that you only get a point for getting 4 captures.

2. It favors the losing team on 5-point CP maps because their class layout is already set up for turtling.

3. It's one of the main reasons people hate tc_hydro.

4. I wanted to annoy you and be generally irritating.

3 of the 4 reasons listed above are why. I'll let you decide which 3.

I liked Sudden Death, it made for great moments.

This. Sudden death makes for good stories - like the time I was engineer on Turbine and took out 2 of the 3 remaining team. Almost got the third guy, too. Some seriously intense moments, though. Straight to stalemate is just disappointing. I dont think SD is really worth taking out.

2. It favors the losing team on 5-point CP maps because their class layout is already set up for turtling.

I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain you could change your class in spawn without dying just like you can during a normal round, hence no advantage to either team really. Pretty sure I made the switch to medic one time for sudden death since our team didn't have one.

Pssh, fine, if you're all going to complain about it, I'll put it back.

Except on hydro.

Nobody asked for it to be removed in the first place. Don't make everyone else out to be the villain here.

As for hydro, if there's no sudden death, it insta-stalemates. If it stalemates, we play the exact same portion of hydro over again. I fail to see the benefit.

As for hydro, if there's no sudden death, it insta-stalemates. If it stalemates, we play the exact same portion of hydro over again. I fail to see the benefit.

Actually, you don't because Hydro is randomized at the start of every round. Also, Stalemate can't happen when one team is down to its last point, because holding off the other team is their winning condition: They automatically gain another point (at random?) if they successfully defend the last point.

Well, one of two things. First, micspam. Spectreshot's especially. Most of the time when he's playing stuff, I can't even hear anyone else. I had to mute him tonight. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same way about him being an annoying ass.

Second, a very minor one, but I've noticed lately a lot of engies pairing up and using each others teleports right next to each other near a sentry gun, just to get more points. Kinda counterproductive, and doesn't do anything for the team.

Second, a very minor one, but I've noticed lately a lot of engies pairing up and using each others teleports right next to each other near a sentry gun, just to get more points. Kinda counterproductive, and doesn't do anything for the team.

this should be a kickable offense

Well, one of two things. First, micspam. Spectreshot's especially. Most of the time when he's playing stuff, I can't even hear anyone else. I had to mute him tonight. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same way about him being an annoying ass.

i've been holding off on muting him because when i'm around no one seems to complain about his micspamming and he's considered a regular user, even though i personally don't want to hear it most of the time. I'm really glad that i'm not the only one who's been getting tired of that crap-- it's cute once or twice, but when it's a daily occurrence it gets old fast... particularly the "chanting" thing.

pointwhoring isn't necessarily bannable, but if they refuse to help the team out by making their teleports more useful i'd consider it a griefing offense. some maps don't really need teleports (turbine), while others direly need at least one (steel or badwater come to mind), so the map that it's happening on should be taken into consideration, too.

I complained about his micspamming a lot. There is a difference between good micspam and bad micspam, learn it.

To the people that are learning to play sniper, I wasn't there for any of the shit or whatever made you feel like posting those comments, but there are noob servers where you can learn to play. If you know you are a terrible sniper, and your team is losing, and you just so happen to have 2-3 other snipers on your team, you should not be playing sniper. In the end I really don't care unless you are on my team.

And my god why would you kill sudden death? admin abuse voteban powerlord (only for like 10 minutes because you are a cool dude in my book, or at least, were a cool dude). No sudden death is just stupid. It's pretty much like a super quick version of arena.

Should we get rid of arena now too?