OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Re: People complaining about too many Snipers in response to trying to learn sniper.

I can't play Sniper if there are 3 already on my team. Like, my left hand will reach over and beat my right hand against the computer if it tries to select sniper.

Also, am I the only person who just doesn't care what map we're on? Seriously, I play whatever's set in front of me. Some have their pros, some have their cons, but I just have fun wherever I am.

you are. I don't want to play anymore junction, dustbowl, badwater, 2fort or cp_steel.

They're boring as fuck :C

Also, am I the only person who just doesn't care what map we're on? Seriously, I play whatever's set in front of me. Some have their pros, some have their cons, but I just have fun wherever I am.

I'm with you on that. There are some I like less than others, but I find the way the teams are working together is often a bigger factor in how much I'm enjoying the game. Mind you, some people just don't know how to work together on some maps, but usually things are pretty good. I'm really just happy as long as there's a good fight taking place for the objectives that isn't a stalemate due to poor design (and to be fair, I don't think there are any instances of a stalemate happening that couldn't be overcome with a little more team coordination on official maps, though some are harder than others).

I've never scrimmed before, I'd be interested in trying it. Also, I got the patch recently. It's amazing!

Third thing, lightning. Fried out modem, then my father went out of town and I was unable to set up a new modem... I'm elsewhere, on my crappy laptop right now, but hopefully when I get back to my gaming pc I'll have the internet again... I don't like not being able to kill you guys :P

Sorry to hear that Abyss! I hope you can come back soon. :<

I've missed everyone.

Nekofrog, sadly, I had the same issue and after trying so many things, the only thing that fixed the problem was getting a new computer. If you can, treat yourself to a new computer!

Re: People complaining about too many Snipers in response to trying to learn sniper.

I can't play Sniper if there are 3 already on my team. Like, my left hand will reach over and beat my right hand against the computer if it tries to select sniper.

The only map that I really don't like playing on is turbine. Whenever I'm on, we're always there. >.>

for some reason halfway through the match on goldrush my stats stopped working, like it wasn't showing any stats on my end, and I couldn't pull up ranks or anything. Anyone else had this problem?

I've rolled back to the previous HLStatsX plugin until HLStatsX gets things ironed out. It should take effect on the next map change, which was just about to happen when I logged out (BLU was extremely close to pushing the cart into the pit on Dustbowl 3).

Edit: I've also fixed the Sandman kills award. Valve renamed it from "bat_wood" to "sandman" in the logs in one of the recent updates. I have no clue how to fix the teleporter award until said plugin is fixed, though.

As some of you know, I bought myself a Novint Falcon a little while ago (you might've noticed the ninja update they had a few days ago that added Falcon support to the Orange Box). It's a 3D directional force feedback controller for people like me who prefer consoles because of the rumble. :P Like most people though, I've been mainly of the opinion that it's great for single-player stuff but I could never use it for multiplayer FPSes, even though Novint has always claimed that it's a viable option for competitive play.

Well it looks like now they're putting their money where their mouth is. They're giving away a free Novint Falcon to anyone who can beat one of their employees who uses the Falcon. All you have to do is sign up here.

It's definitely a cool gadget, so it's at least worth a try. If you win one and don't like/want it, they're in high demand on eBay so that'll get you a cool $150 at the least. If you lose and still want one, they've got a really good promotion going on right now. And let me know too if you're getting one, since I think you get a discount if you're referred by someone.

Update: Lulz, their guy is losing all his matches. Looks like this is gonna be an expensive promo. :P

Update: Lulz, their guy is losing all his matches. Looks like this is gonna be an expensive promo. :P

I think it's win win for them. If they lose and give out a bunch, they have a bunch of people using it, demanding it for games, and talking about it. Which will then hopefully for them snowball into more sales and brand recognition.

So far I've got:

Abyss

Bonzai

BardicKnowledge

Bleck

Black Waltz

Garian

Clefairy

Rambo

Secret Agent Man

Vivi22

And maybe:

The ZuZ

Hemo

Zircon

*they've said they were interested in the distant past*

When we get enough people, we can throw around dates and get things happening. Teams will be formed on the availability of players? Are we interested in 6v6? Highlander? Other?

Teams will be formed on the availability of players? Are we interested in 6v6? Highlander? Other?

Team thing sounds good. Ideally I'd like to get a nice sampler of all the accepted formats; last I checked into it, those were 6v6, 8v8 and HIghlander.

As some of you know, I bought myself a Novint Falcon a little while ago (you might've noticed the ninja update they had a few days ago that added Falcon support to the Orange Box). It's a 3D directional force feedback controller for people like me who prefer consoles because of the rumble. :P Like most people though, I've been mainly of the opinion that it's great for single-player stuff but I could never use it for multiplayer FPSes, even though Novint has always claimed that it's a viable option for competitive play.

Well it looks like now they're putting their money where their mouth is. They're giving away a free Novint Falcon to anyone who can beat one of their employees who uses the Falcon. All you have to do is sign up here.

It's definitely a cool gadget, so it's at least worth a try. If you win one and don't like/want it, they're in high demand on eBay so that'll get you a cool $150 at the least. If you lose and still want one, they've got a really good promotion going on right now. And let me know too if you're getting one, since I think you get a discount if you're referred by someone.

Er... there's only two time slots a day? And 58 *pages* of 10 entries per page?

Hmm, I don't think I'll bother.

Also, from what I can tell, the Falcon looks really freaky... and costs 15 times what I paid for my mouse. I think I'll pass it by.

I've rolled back to the previous HLStatsX plugin until HLStatsX gets things ironed out. It should take effect on the next map change, which was just about to happen when I logged out (BLU was extremely close to pushing the cart into the pit on Dustbowl 3).

Edit: I've also fixed the Sandman kills award. Valve renamed it from "bat_wood" to "sandman" in the logs in one of the recent updates. I have no clue how to fix the teleporter award until said plugin is fixed, though.

Still no stats for me, neither on screen or if i check for ranks. Borked?

Still no stats for me, neither on screen or if i check for ranks. Borked?

That's... odd. The old plugin should be back up and running. I don't know why the old one wouldn't be working, seeing as plugins are reloaded on every map change.

Does the hlx or hlx_menu command do anything?

That's... odd. The old plugin should be back up and running. I don't know why the old one wouldn't be working, seeing as plugins are reloaded on every map change.

Does the hlx or hlx_menu command do anything?

HLstatsX isnt appearing in game, but it's being recorded on the site.

Lots of potential, but IMO still too much cash for too little reward. Even if it was better than a mouse instead of "just as good, but with force feedback" it'd have to cost the same as a decent gaming mouse before mainstream gamers would buy it.

Tell that to the people who bought the Wii. :P

That being said, how is it Dhsu?

It's very nice, just the act of pulling a trigger instead of clicking a button makes for a satisfying tactile experience, and the recoil and reload feedback add to that. I haven't really played much TF2 with it, but they've got some very interesting forces, some of which are just neat touches (like teleporting) and some I could see actually improving your game (the damage feedback instantly lets you know which direction you're being shot from, and the collision forces would let you know when you're stuck on geometry).

That said though, I think I'm definitely going to stick to servers without stats for now. :P

So far I've got:

Abyss

Bonzai

BardicKnowledge

Bleck

Black Waltz

Clefairy

Rambo

Secret Agent Man

Vivi22

And maybe:

The ZuZ

Hemo

Zircon

*they've said they were interested in the distant past*

When we get enough people, we can throw around dates and get things happening. Teams will be formed on the availability of players? Are we interested in 6v6? Highlander? Other?

Personally I'd prefer Highlander, but I'm up for anything. I'll be gone this weekend (Independence Day and all) but after that I should be available on most weekends. During the week I'm at work all day, so unless it's in the evening I won't be able to participate at those times.

So, I restarted the HLstatsX remote process from the HLstatsX page and that appears to have brought in-game stats back.

Oh, and it is running the new version of the plugin, not the old one. I guess it didn't like how it was switched without restarting the server side.