OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

That was bullshit, shpladoink. You should have been warned THEN kicked THEN banned, at the very least.

For those who weren't there, Spectreshot put up a voteban on shpla for micspamming for about 10 seconds during his song. It passed by about 70%, and he was banned for 30 min.

For the record, however, there were only about 3-4 regulars on the server at the time, so it was the random irregulars who voted you to get banned. It's not like the OCR officers had a meeting and decided to ban you or anything.

IN OTHER NEWS: A buddy and I were talking about unlockable weapons for the Engineer. Our biggest concern is that we need the Engy to be more portable and less campy.

Our brainstorm led to this: Aperture Science drones. They would be somewhere between a level 1 and level 2 sentry gun that cannot be upgraded. It would be online in about 2 seconds, and it would take 100 metal to build. You could build two total with a jarate-like delay in between.

The biggest drawback is that it would have very little health. Like, 1-2 shots and it's knocked over. ALSO, the FaN would be super effective against it because it would knock it over in one shot (or any other future weapons with knockback). The Engy would need to repair it to turn it online again, which doesn't require metal. A knocked-over drone could also be destroyed with additional firepower.

I think that you hear friendly spies decloak as well, although I don't think people ignore it. People really hate spies and the majority of spies on the OCR server are actually pretty damn good; leaving a spy unchecked simply because it might be a friendly one is just a poor choice.

That might explain why I'm being caught an awful lot. Bloody spycheckers D8

That was bullshit, shpladoink. You should have been warned THEN kicked THEN banned, at the very least.

For those who weren't there, Spectreshot put up a voteban on shpla for micspamming for about 10 seconds during his song. It passed by about 70%, and he was banned for 30 min.

For the record, however, there were only about 3-4 regulars on the server at the time, so it was the random irregulars who voted you to get banned. It's not like the OCR officers had a meeting and decided to ban you or anything.

Oh, that's hilarious that the guy playing the song was the one that proposed the vote. I figured the only reason it passed was due to the random pub players, but I literally didn't even get a chance to finish typing my comical retort at the vote before it was passed (I didn't expect it to).

It's not a huge deal, at any rate; just wanted to voice my disdain.

Spectreshot, as much as I loved him in the beginning, is going downhill just like Tiddlywink. I would ban him from the server just for what happened to shpladoink, but since I'm not an admin, that's not up to me.

In other news, there was a hacker online last night sometime around 1:30 or 2. Huntsman sniper speedhacking, aimbotting, etc. Doubled the points of anybody on either team on Dustbowl 1 in minutes and he even joined the server well after the map had started. I calmly told the people online (mostly pubs) to type voteban and select the guy with no name, and he was gone shortly after. Just goes to show that you don't need an admin on to get rid of people who are ruining fun for everyone else (although I still think that the admin list should include people who are online a lot).

Spectre's side of the story is that he stopped micspamming(lol), and shpla's went on for about ten minutes. Allegedly, everyone asked him to stop repeatedly.

In lieu of an actual witness, shpla's account is more credible. Spectre is a consistent whore for attention, and gets pissy whenever someone challenges his claim to the micspam throne, so to speak.

Hammer Time isn't far off, I think.

Well, it sounds like Chadly was there - thoughts?

I don't always get along with shpla, but I still think he's more credible than Spectreshot.

I think that, at the very least, Spectreshot's reserved slot should be pulled. This would limit his ability to start votes.

any other song by that group of idiots

Hey fuck you, those guys are awesome. The Lonely Island is a great group, and they're getting the popularity they deserve.

Bleck stop having a terrible opinion about everything.

But I will agree that song has been overplayed, and when something is sung terribly by a 12 year old, it does get annoying, but don't say anything about Lonely Island.

(also your sentance is missing something, or you're Canadian gibberish just doesn't translate well)

Hey fuck you, those guys are awesome. The Lonely Island is a great group, and they're getting the popularity they deserve.

Bleck stop having a terrible opinion about everything.

But I will agree that song has been overplayed, and when something is sung terribly by a 12 year old, it does get annoying, but don't say anything about Lonely Island.

(also your sentance is missing something, or you're Canadian gibberish just doesn't translate well)

I'M ON A BOAT MOTHAFUCKA!

Oog. Ironically, I went on my first boat ride in my life a couple of weeks ago. DEFINITELY not a boat person.

But anyway, enough of that. How about that Backburner? =D

I still don't think anyone who doesn't post occasionally on the forums (or at least in this thread) should get a reserve slot. I don't think I've seen SpectreShot on the forums; is he even a member of the community? Or is he just some random pub/friend of a regular who started playing on the OCR server a lot?

In any case, reserve slots should be given to people who are OCR people, not random assholes who won't shut the hell up.

I still don't think anyone who doesn't post occasionally on the forums (or at least in this thread) should get a reserve slot. I don't think I've seen SpectreShot on the forums; is he even a member of the community? Or is he just some random pub/friend of a regular who started playing on the OCR server a lot?

In any case, reserve slots should be given to people who are OCR people, not random assholes who won't shut the hell up.

I'd be all for that myself. At least if you join the forum and post here occasionally it shows you think a little more of the TF2 community on the server than it just being a place to mic spam and whine about people not liking your mic spam.

I'd be all for that myself. At least if you join the forum and post here occasionally it shows you think a little more of the TF2 community on the server than it just being a place to mic spam and whine about people not liking your mic spam.

I would have to agree.

Though micspam occasionally is funny, most of the time, if you want to listen to motivational music, fire up your own mp3 player.

The only problem with making sure people join and participate in the OCR forums is that many of the people who have slot reservations are friends of other regulars. I know Powerlord, for example, has several friends who use the server, and I'm sure there's many others.

As an alternative, I think we should be a like a swanky country club and "sponsor" people for them to receive a slot reservation. If no OCR forum regulars want to sponsor SpectreShot, then he doesn't get one.

In other words, players don't come to Bahamut to ask for a slot. Instead, regulars go to an admin to receive a slot for someone else. If we don't know or like them, we don't pass the word along.

i don't see the point in requiring someone be a part of this forum/thread in order to be considered for a reservation slot. The OCRTF2 server has been developing its own community fairly organically over the last year, and with it some folks have decided to stop lurking (you know who you are) and others have joined the forums, if only to post in this thread and say "hi!" once and then go back to pew pew. Seems to me that you can't just force people to join the OCR forum community, and to implement a sweeping change to how reserve slots are handled would probably cause a lot more tension than it relieves... sure, you'll be playing with "ocr people," but then you'll just be part of another insular elitist group of jerkfaces that frowns upon people who don't submit to its will.

also: the people who micspam on the ocr server that aren't spectreshot are: jenga, duckyboy, shpladoink, atma, demitri omni (grandpa deiter), d-lux (captain yahooooooooooo), chadly (during setup and usually not loud), darkesword (same as chadly usually), f4t4l (sound effects for item get!!), and i'm sure i'm missing some but other than that it's probably just pubbers that i pretty much instamute because they can't read the rules and at least give us a chance to say 'don't be a dick' before being a dick. all it takes is a few seconds of 'hay i'm play song' and i'd probably let it slide or at least give 'em chance to stop it before muting them.

ps: spectreshot is a random idiot who came to the server and wouldn't let go of his voice transmit key, after being muted by brushfire for being too offensive, he was unmuted and they recorded that 'heavy meatspin' heavy rush demo, and he invited himself to being a regular since then. i've mostly only tolerated him because other people seemed to like him, and while he can be witty at times he TRIES TOO HARD.

pre-post edit:

word chadly, that actually sounds like a decent suggestion that with some tweaking i'd totally endorse-- most of the regular players i have befriended have come to me to talk to baha to request a reserve slot because they generally don't play at the same time as he does, even though they've put in plenty of time on the server... after a while it gets hard to play regularly because the server is at 24/25 or 25/25 for a large part of the day; once things get rolling the server will stay jumping for a good long while.