OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Just looked at my stats page.

For however long the stats hold things in their records, there are FOUR people who I don't have more than a 1:1 kill death ratio with.

Ξ|nQa|Ξ Scythe-Messiah (this guy pretty much beats the shit outta me everytime we see each other)

Sub (dunno who this is)

[lions]Clefairy(.83 k/d. CURSES!)

Lumpy (this is 1:1 exactly, although I have no idea how. I don't ever remember killing Lumpy when things get serious)

Thought that was all interesting, figured I'd share.

[lions]Clefairy(.83 k/d. CURSES!)

:3

How odd. My K/D against you matches my K/D overall. :shock: Not a lot to talk about on my page other than having the most kills on garian(he has the most on me as well).

On topic, tonight was great. Thanks to everyone who showed.

Ξ|nQa|Ξ Scythe-Messiah (this guy pretty much beats the shit outta me everytime we see each other)

This guy and another nQa guy were on the other day, and destroyed us. They teamed up as soldier+medic and were scoring over 100 points easy in every map, while everyone else was maybe 40 or so. It was pitiful.

So all this talk about community members only get reserve slots made me register and stop lurking...

I shall be making a tutorial video later on how I got auto-tune working with TF2 (thanks zircon!) unless someone who actually knows what they're doing wants to do it instead.

Needs more garbageday...

+1 again for garbageday. I could not find it on the server for the life of me, but then again...I'm an idiot. :-D

I installed NeoTokyo simply 'cause it looked cool...and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. It feels like it's simply CounterStrike, but not as refined.

And yes, those NQA guys always join the same team, and one is always Medic who only heals the other NQA guy (and anyone else who's deemed worthy). It's alright, though, just gives a challenge.

And yes, those NQA guys always join the same team, and one is always Medic who only heals the other NQA guy (and anyone else who's deemed worthy). It's alright, though, just gives a challenge.

Agreed. It's like when rambo and bonzai team up. As long as they don't bring their entire crew over and really team-stack I don't have a problem with it.

Eternal Silence is pretty cool, and I think it'd be pretty fun/hilarious to play on a server full of people who are trying to figure out what the mess to do while having alltalk on. :D

Bored lunch day ftw: I have an ES server up. I need to install a few more scripts and fix a minor issue, but it should be up by around 8 EST if not earlier.

so anyone who want's to check it out, we now have a private server.

got votebanned for spamming rtv on dustbowl

just as a warning I am going to spam rtv on dustbowl from now on

I'm going to trust Powerlord & FireSlash to figure out a tweaked rotation that'd be amenable to the most people.

how about one that doesn't have dustbowl

or at the very least doesn't have dustbowl and 2fort right next to each other

got votebanned for spamming rtv on dustbowl

just as a warning I am going to spam rtv on dustbowl from now on

how about one that doesn't have dustbowl

or at the very least doesn't have dustbowl and 2fort right next to each other

So, what's this people are saying about swapping dustbowl out for garbageday?

That'd be fine with me, honestly.

And, really, keeping Dustbowl in the rotation's alright: I can find something else to do for 30 minutes or just kinda zombie my way through it. Having it right before 2fort, though...that's silly. Clefairy's going to tell me that everyone has different opinions on what's bad and while that's true, most people on the OCR forum more or less agree that Dustbowl and 2fort attract people who are less than...amazing at the game, or at life.

Put at least one map inbetween them so the pubbies from the first will have left before the pubbies from the second arrive.

[Edit:]

It's at 2fort. Again. :-(

So, anyway, there are now Team Fortress 2 avatars for Steam.

Left 4 Dead avatars, too.

So, who would I lobby about getting the smaller or smallest versions added to OCR's forum?

Edit: I've also rotated the map order a bit. Basically, I swapped ctf_2fort and cp_dustbowl. This causes them to not be together, since someone changed the default map to be cp_dustbowl at some point (it WAS ctf_2fort). I also moved the order around a bit and added garbageday.

Edit 2: Changed order again, putting two customs in a row was a bad idea. Whoops.

Map order is currently:

cp_dustbowl

garbageday

cp_granary

ctf_turbine

pl_badwater

arena_sawmill

cp_follower

cp_steel

pl_goldrush

ctf_2fort

cp_gravelpit

cp_well

pl_waste

cp_badlands

Clefairy's going to tell me that everyone has different opinions on what's bad and while that's true, most people on the OCR forum more or less agree that Dustbowl and 2fort attract people who are less than...amazing at the game, or at life.

True that. :P

And now it's playing Goldrush. Another offender, though it hasn't seen much playtime lately so it isn't quite so bad.

Tangentially, clan BROS can go back into whatever hole they crawled out of. Mc_Man in particular seemed to have no idea how annoying he was.

--

So anyway. Maps. If for some crazy reason I was entrusted with changing the mapcycle, it would look something like this.

ctf_hallofdeath

pl_frontier

cp_gravelpit

arena_storm_b1c

plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

arena_nucleus

pl_great_heights

cp_industrial

tc_meridian

pl_waste

arena_well

I think it's a good mix of old and new, with serious, stressful maps followed by silly or moody ones to release tension. Post your own, maybe we can come to a consensus.

True that. :P

And now it's playing Goldrush. Another offender, though it hasn't seen much playtime lately so it isn't quite so bad.

Incidentally, the mapcycle tends to go weird right after its edited. Sometimes it even repeats the same map twice.

Tangentially, clan BROS can go back into whatever hole they crawled out of. Mc_Man in particular seemed to have no idea how annoying he was.

Yes, some of the BROS people tend to be annoying. In my experience, they also tend to team stack, sometime up to 6-8 at a time.

Then again, last time I checked, they weren't all that good...

So anyway. Maps. If for some crazy reason I was entrusted with changing the mapcycle, it would look something like this.

ctf_hallofdeath

pl_frontier

cp_gravelpit

arena_storm_b1c

plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

arena_nucleus

pl_great_heights

cp_industrial

tc_meridian

pl_waste

arena_well

I think it's a good mix of old and new, with serious, stressful maps followed by silly or moody ones to release tension. Post your own, maybe we can come to a consensus.

That's... quite a few customs in there. At 7/13, over half. Custom nights... tend not to do so well. I can't imagine having half of the mapcycle customs would do much better.

Also a touch arena-heavy for my tastes. Also, a custom arena map that isn't arena_starship?! :o

That's... quite a few customs in there.

That's the idea, really. Given the choice between playing with people I know and playing a full game, I'll take the former every time.

Certain people with bandwidth issues excluded, if someone can't be bothered to download the map (incidentally, even letting them do so is a courtesy), then they aren't here for the community; they just want to play the game. There are plenty of other servers out there who can fill that need. I'm aware it'll hurt overall turnout; I just disagree with the idea that that's bad.

EDIT: Haha, starship. I haven't played that in months, I'd love to come back to it now and again.

As promised, here's a youtube tutorial I just finished explaining how I got autotune working in TF2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJggMxXS428

It hasn't finished processing at the time of this post, but that's where it will be.

Everything sounds better with autotune =D

-----------

The programs/plugins used:

Virtual Audio Cable

Fruity Loops (with ASIO4ALL)

AutoTune VST plugin

VoxengoRecorder VST plugin

That's the idea, really. Given the choice between playing with people I know and playing a full game, I'll take the former every time.

Personally, I prefer full games, or at least nearly full. If it drops below 12 people, chances are I'll drop out too (or just not join to begin with).

Certain people with bandwidth issues excluded, if someone can't be bothered to download the map (incidentally, even letting them do so is a courtesy)

I mirror the maps from my website (tf2.vgmusic.com) as a courtesy to make it a faster download than it would be from the server, as the server limits its transmissions to players to its maxrate settings.

, then they aren't here for the community; they just want to play the game. There are plenty of other servers out there who can fill that need. I'm aware it'll hurt overall turnout; I just disagree with the idea that that's bad.

We run a public server. Our current host cuts the price in half if you run a private server (with a password 24/7). We don't because we don't have enough regulars to have a proper game except at peak times.

In other news, there's a prefab map for making a tug-of-war cart map like pl_waste.

Also, as I tried to point out to someone before, the version of pl_waste we run is marked as final, not beta. Incidentally, the author apparently never heard of bspzip or pakrat to add the custom intro video to the bsp file itself. As a general rule, custom maps should have any required custom content in the .bsp file, as that's all a server is going to transmit.