OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

What is a "proper game"? 12 on 12?

Again, I would disagree with that. It's how Valve designed the game, but their intentions only go as far as you let them.

Diff'rent strokes, etc etc. Hopefully some news on that colo'ing project comes through soon; a second server would alleviate the problem entirely.

What is a "proper game"? 12 on 12?

Again, I would disagree with that.

just because you enjoy playing 3 vs 3 sandvich only 2fort matches doesn't meant that it's the proper way to play the game

I could say that I enjoy seeing how many times I can roll around hyrule field in a certain amount of time but uh that doesn't mean that's the way it's supposed to be played

basically what you like doing ≠ the point of the game

I'm sorry, I thought the point of the game was to HAVE FUN.

If people aren't having fun with whatever that is at the moment, they can rtv or leave. It's not like there's a server shortage.

You know, I've been here a lot longer than my join date. Once upon a time, you were my god.

I look back on that version of me, and I just feel sorry for him.

Sooooooooo....what became of all those talks about inter-OCR scrimming? 'Cause I may have made a team. By accident.

Or maybe not, depending on if we're doing anything of the sort.

We're still in a holding pattern, I guess. Rambo was the de facto leader of the idea, but he's off causing shenanigans with Bonzai.

I got an offer to scrim as well, so I guess.. You know, what the hell.

First five people to message me on Steam are in.

If people aren't having fun with whatever that is at the moment, they can rtv

I was votebanned for this :<

You know, I've been here a lot longer than my join date. Once upon a time, you were my god.

haha what

also I will still do scrimming

I don't have a lot of time to play to begin with. If I have to spend time downloading maps, sitting through arena, and going through the motions in a 6v6 match (TF2 is meant to be played with more people in that than most circumstances), then I jump ship and head to another server. Sure, melee only with steam community friends is fun every now and then, but I'd rather just play a regular game most of the time.

Also, custom maps tend to suck a lot of the time. Not all, but most, especially those that feature a gimmick that gets old after about three minutes.

So, here's a list of people who have made their desire to scrim known to me outside of posting on the forums:

Joseki

meatball

garian

When you add people on the forums, you got me, Clefairy, and Donut. That's six right there....

...now we just need 6 more people, haha.

[Edit:]

Bonzai and Rambo would still be up for it, I'm assuming. If Action Hawk ever got online, he'd undoubtedly be up for it. Just sayin'.

[Edit 2:]

Forgot to ask: do we have a server for this?

ES's server is pretty fail. The ship combat feels pretty broken too, and the general combat is terrible.

However, it's come to my attention that Tribes 2 is now free, which excelled in all of these. You can download it from http://tribesnext.com/

For those not familiar with the game, here's a quick youtube:

The game features various vehicles, team play, various game modes, and large player counts. I think it could be fun for a night or two :<

Fair points on the customs topic. I'll bear them in mind when making future suggestions.

--

There's been a bit of confusion, sorry about that. :tomatoface: I'd received an invitation to scrim from Loghead, you'd be playing under the lions banner in that case. To avoid confusion, hit me up on steam if you're interested in that. As for the OCR scrim, I'll run back over the thread in a minute and contact everyone who said they were interested. We'll see where the roster's at and take it from there.

EDIT: Current roster.

Abyss

Joseki

meatball

garian

Clefairy

Bleck

Hemophiliac

Prophet Orwell

Donut

The bench:

Black Waltz (unavailable)

S.A.M. (time constraints)

Bardic (time constraints)

Rambo (unavailable)

Bonzai (unavailable)

Vivi22(no word yet)

Three spots empty now. Black Waltz is back on 8/2, Rambonzambozai is AWOL, so unless we get a couple more folks jumping in there'll be a wait.

@ Clefairy: Oh about Loghead. It seems like we have enough people to play an inter-OCR scrim, though.

Joseki, meatball, garian, Abyss, Prophet Orwell, bleck. That's six. Clefairy, Donut, me. That's 9 people who definitely wanna do scrim-style matches, not including people who would definitely be up for it (like Hawk and Rambonzai).

[Edit:]

Sporknight and Yahoo are in. That's 11. One more and we can do this.

[Edit 2:]

Just noticed Clefairy made a roster; he's much more organized. Ele said she'd be interested if we were doing Highlander, but I don't think we'll get enough people for that.

@ Clefairy: Oh about Loghead. It seems like we have enough people to play an inter-OCR scrim, though.

Joseki, meatball, garian, Abyss, Prophet Orwell, bleck. That's six. Clefairy, Donut, me. That's 9 people who definitely wanna do scrim-style matches, not including people who would definitely be up for it (like Hawk and Rambonzai).

I'll do it if I can combat medic.

Current roster redux:

Sensai

Abyss

Joseki

meatball

garian

Clefairy

Bleck

Hemophiliac

Prophet Orwell

Donut

Sporknight

CaptainYahoooooooooooooooooo

The bench:

Black Waltz (unavailable)

S.A.M. (time constraints)

Bardic (time constraints)

Rambo (unavailable)

Bonzai (unavailable)

Vivi22(no word yet)

Now, let's talk scheduling. When is everyone available? List times in EST, please.