OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I was going to update some maps tonight that have new versions, but it turns out that fpsbanana is down, and certain maps with new versions (coughpl_dbheightscough) don't have them accessible anywhere else without needing some u/p bullshit.

pl_cashworks was updated to rc2. I *highly* suggest you download this in advance, as cashworks is huge (41.1MB compressed).

Also, just to churn things up a bit, I implemented the mapcycle Clefairy suggested a few pages back.

I was going to update some maps tonight that have new versions, but it turns out that fpsbanana is down, and certain maps with new versions (coughpl_dbheightscough) don't have them accessible anywhere else without needing some u/p bullshit.

pl_cashworks was updated to rc2. I *highly* suggest you download this in advance, as cashworks is huge (41.1MB compressed).

Also, just to churn things up a bit, I implemented the mapcycle Clefairy suggested a few pages back.

cashworks is a horrible map

It's fun to play when there aren't many people and you are a spy.

Other than that yeah, not very fun on a full server.

also why does zircon have admins he never plays. give me admins i play lots more than him!!!

why do you want to be an admin so bad

being an admin makes the game less fun

Hmm. I'm not able to download the Hoodoo map for some reason.

I'm thinking other people had that problem too considering the server went from like 22 people to 0 in a matter of seconds.

Here's confirming that I had the same issue, though I could have sworn that I'd downloaded Hoodoo a while back, when it was first "featured". I wonder what's causing this... Here's the error:

"Missing map maps/pl_hoodoo.bsp, disconnecting"

In other news, I've begun text-commentating while spectating. Hope everyone's enjoying it. :D

Hoodoo is included in TF2 as of the Spy/Sniper update... wait, maybe the version in the mapcycle has the wrong name...

Yup, that was it. We had two versions of hoodoo on the server, and the mapcycle was using the wrong one. I've deleted the old one, fixed the mapcycle, and restarted the server.

Someone was complaining earlier about a guy getting massive amount of crit kills with his soldier. I don't know what sup.

I just ignored that, because Soldiers always get lots of crits. I'm convinced that the rocket launcher has a higher crit rate because of its slow speed.

No, I just got critted quite a bit on turbine, and literally half the time (6/12) on fastlane earlier. I rage quit after three single-hit crit kills in a row... by single-hit I mean literally 3 shots were taken at me to kill me 3 times: 2 with a Fire Axe and one with a rocket.

Interesting that you guys are talking about higher crit rates... as I was just coming here to laugh about the ridiculous number of crit stickies I was tossing on Goldrush just now. I almost felt a little bad. Almost.

the crit rate for everything is the same except for melee crits

the only way you could change the crit rate is by a crits chance plugin (i know ive used it) and looking at the cvars of the ocr server i dont see that plugin installed so it should be the normal rate

ive seen people crit hacking, but with that every shot they fire is a crit, and its really easy to pick out and ban for so i doubt thats whats happening, but maybe at some point tonight ill hop on the server and see if i notice anything suspicious

crit fire

one of MANY reasons you should never use the backburner

crit fire is a big deal (although obviously not if crits are off)

:P

I've had a lot of success lately with backburner.

i really dont wanna go into my 20+ reasons why the regular flamethrower is better but it isnt really that hard to kill someone with the regular one if you catch him from behind!

So, we tried a new map tonight: cp_furnace_b3.

It's a Gravelpit style A and B, then C map.

It was actually pretty fun!

It's currently replaced arena_storm_b1c (which has been rtved every time it's come up or votenextmapped when people notice it's coming up) on the rotation.

Tomorrow when no one's on, I need to move it to a different spot. Right now, it directly follows Gravelpit, and the two of them are a bit too similar to be next to each other.

I did a few other map updates:

Updated pl_dbheights to b5 now that fpsbanana is working again. Section 3 point 1 has been changed quite a bit... the spawn room appears to have been moved and rotated 90 degrees left so that the cart takes a Waluigi L shape to where point A usually is on cp_dustbowl: pic. This section used to have the spawn where it normally is, but did a U shape through a new area to where point A was. There's been a few other changes, such as the cart now routing down the tunnel near the end of section 2 (pic), and defense getting a shorter respawn time. If you don't download it in advance, it's an 11.9 MB download.

Added cp_waste to the server. It's the control point version of pl_waste. If you don't download it in advance, it's an 18.1 MB download.

Also, if you opt not to download cp_furnace_b3 in advance, it's a 20.8 MB download.