OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

But I don't want to play sniper! :sad:

Actually that could be pretty fun if everyone played along. Would it be possible for a plug-in to force you to your least played class? Heh.

my least played class is engineer

not because its my worst class, because its so incredibly boring

DS and I were talking the other day about how we like the TC gametype, but that there aren't any decent TC maps (hydro focuses too much on balance and therefore stalemates far too often to be fun, and in my opinion Meridian's lack of TF2 stylization really detracts from it's playability, it can be fun but it doesn't necessarily feel like a TF2 map as much as it should). So we were came up with an idea of using TC to hybridize the other gametypes. Basically, start out with an area that plays CTF style, then it leads into the typical 2-point CP style of Hydro, and it ends with pushing a cart into the enemy's final base. DS's idea is that the map should have a narrative, which is also a great idea, he was kinda playing off of a grocery store idea, the CTF is for the shopping list, and the cart has to get pushed to the cashier.

Oops, got a little sidetracked, I told them this morning that I'd make up a quick sketch of what it could look like for that kind of map:

multigametypetc.png

Basically, the central area is a neutral flag, and it has to be captured at one of the adjacent RED or BLU cp stations, winning that round would mean that that team takes control of the center, and will attack the other two CPs at random, with one of their 3 territories. Not sure how recapturing the center point would work out, i'm not as knowledgable on mapmaking as i'd like... and this is still just a rough sketch and idea. Another way of doing it is capturing the center opens up different paths that benefit the owner of the center based on which CPs are selected for the mini-round.

Thoughts?

DS and I were talking the other day about how we like the TC gametype, but that there aren't any decent TC maps (hydro focuses too much on balance and therefore stalemates far too often to be fun, and in my opinion Meridian's lack of TF2 stylization really detracts from it's playability, it can be fun but it doesn't necessarily feel like a TF2 map as much as it should). So we were came up with an idea of using TC to hybridize the other gametypes. Basically, start out with an area that plays CTF style, then it leads into the typical 2-point CP style of Hydro, and it ends with pushing a cart into the enemy's final base. DS's idea is that the map should have a narrative, which is also a great idea, he was kinda playing off of a grocery store idea, the CTF is for the shopping list, and the cart has to get pushed to the cashier.

Oops, got a little sidetracked, I told them this morning that I'd make up a quick sketch of what it could look like for that kind of map:

multigametypetc.png

Basically, the central area is a neutral flag, and it has to be captured at one of the adjacent RED or BLU cp stations, winning that round would mean that that team takes control of the center, and will attack the other two CPs at random, with one of their 3 territories. Not sure how recapturing the center point would work out, i'm not as knowledgable on mapmaking as i'd like... and this is still just a rough sketch and idea. Another way of doing it is capturing the center opens up different paths that benefit the owner of the center based on which CPs are selected for the mini-round.

Thoughts?

A TC map is hard to make as it is with all the Triggers and stuff this would be lots harder even if other pepole worked on it. However i'm not saying it's impossible it porblay would work if you tryed. I know of a Payload map where there was a CP you had to cap before you could move the cart so yeah it's possible porblay.

Actually that could be pretty fun if everyone played along. Would it be possible for a plug-in to force you to your least played class? Heh.

No, because the server doesn't know which class is your least played.

The Steam central servers do, though.

I'd be stuck as a spy for at least a month's worth of daily play. I reset my stats a couple times so these numbers aren't exact:

Pyro - 728 hours

Scout - 111 hours

Medic - 104 hours

Sniper - 100 hours

Soldier - 98 hours

Engi - 81 hours

Demo - 72 hours

Heavy - 69 hours

Spy - 2 minutes 8 seconds. Since I bought the game.

I'd be stuck as a spy for at least a month's worth of daily play. I reset my stats a couple times so these numbers aren't exact:

Pyro - 728 hours

Scout - 111 hours

Medic - 104 hours

Sniper - 100 hours

Soldier - 98 hours

Engi - 81 hours

Demo - 72 hours

Heavy - 69 hours

Spy - 2 minutes 8 seconds. Since I bought the game.

Only 2 minutes. Wow. Even I have about 4 hours as demoman. And spy can be crazy fun if you get a bunch of unawares.