OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I just want anyone with problems to know. I'm unable to connect to any server because of something causing the error: "This server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water.pcf"

It's early, and it seems to be related to the update. Validate your game content (games, right click team fortress 2, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.)

A lot of people are recommending to check local content, some seem to suggest that this is a problem server side with connections. This fix doesn't seem to be working for me, but might help some of you.

I just want anyone with problems to know. I'm unable to connect to any server because of something causing the error: "This server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water.pcf"

It's early, and it seems to be related to the update. Validate your game content (games, right click team fortress 2, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.)

A lot of people are recommending to check local content, some seem to suggest that this is a problem server side with connections. This fix doesn't seem to be working for me, but might help some of you.

Don't you have to restart steam so that it'll update the game itself?

Why even play CTF anymore.

Well if you let the enemy get your shit, you should pay for it. And besides, if one team is being staemrolled but somehow manages to get a cap, they could potentially be able to even it up a little bit.

I haven't played TF2 since the patch came out yet, but I am liking what I read... namely the less gay FaN and the less gay Sandman.

Also, as much as I like that sappers appear on both ends and are fixed on both ends, I do say it makes them nearly impossible to kill now, and I think it should go back to the way it was.

So far I like KOTH, apart from the OVEROVEROVERTIME.

I agree, I like the snow map for KotH. However, I would put in a vote for a time reduction on those maps, since 25-30 minutes feels kind of long. Maybe just knocking 10 minutes off of it? *shrug*

Also, wanthatgetnao

Well, I only played viaduct and nucleus. With viaduct, it felt like it was too far to get to the point, making it harder and more annoying to take it back from the other team. Whereas with nucleus, the point's right there, making for some fast frantic good times. I honestly enjoy it. Not that OVERTIME isn't a bucket of fun.

Then again, I suck at TF2, so what do I know.

The Big Hurt achievement can work against KritzKrieging medics.

Didn't think about that. Though I guess I wouldn't really when it says Uber, and technically the Kritz isn't. Thanks for clearing that up, though I think new players will be even less likely to get it now. I might see the Kritz used 1/5th of the time at best.

I fixed sourcemod, let me know if anything weird happens. reserved slots and stuff should be working now.

yeah man the sourcemod devs really are great they were working together all night until they finally had a working snapshot at 4:30am est which was like 8 hours or so after the update hit

i salute them