OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm inclined to agree on the player count, at this point. Later today I think I'm going to track down a decent 18-player server and see how that works out.

As for comp Pyro, he does all the stuff you'd expect him to do. Flank the other team, apply pressure through afterburn, manage spam and ubers with airblast. At a higher level, yeah, the pocket soldier would just turn around and two-shot juggle you, but I've yet to play with anyone that good.

Wow, that sounds rather nice. Pubs are always getting me down and I've always been tempted to try out pugs and such. I'd have to "learn" to use my mic more often and I'd have to take the game more seriously, but it could be fun. Maybe.

So, for some time now it seems, the mapcycle has been spitting out Follower twice in a row. If an admin could look into that I would be most appreciative.

The Mapcycle only has it once, although it looks like the mapcycle was updated this morning at 12:48am CST. If a map is added to the mapcycle, it does funny things.

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_badlands

ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_follower

koth_nucleus

plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

tc_hydro

Haven't been playing due to real life and college, and no idea when I will be back. Might jump on sporadically (like the 5 minutes I played last night, but then there was hurr durr going on so I left), but I've become very involved in campus this year, so that's probably all I'll be able to do for the next month or two.

New patch out.

Nothing groundbreaking; just bug fixes and such. burning underwater people is impossible, the use command is now disabled by default, and building kills will now show unlock icons.

Some music was also apparently added to tf/sound/misc, but I haven't cleaned out that particular folder in a while, so I can't tell what's new or not.

New patch out.

Nothing groundbreaking; just bug fixes and such. burning underwater people is impossible, the use command is now disabled by default, and building kills will now show unlock icons.

Some music was also apparently added to tf/sound/misc, but I haven't cleaned out that particular folder in a while, so I can't tell what's new or not.

It seems like they aren't quite sure what to do with the use command. It's already been disabled and re-enabled once, at least.

I updated it after I read the post just in case, but the only way it should've popped up twice is if someone rtv'd to follower and then follower was supposed to be the next map.

Due to the way the mapcycle works, if a map is the next one up in the rotation, and you add exactly one map to the map rotation somewhere before it, it will come up with the next map set to itself.

The Mapcycle seems to keep track of which number map it's on in the mapcycle rather than which map file.

It seems like they aren't quite sure what to do with the use command. It's already been disabled and re-enabled once, at least.

It's a server-side toggle now: the tf_allow_player_use cvar. Like Clefairy said, it defaults to off.

Never eschew your social life to play video games with strangers on the internet. Live it up, gentlemen. Live it up.

Oh I wasn't talking about my social life. Now that I'm back on campus I doubt I'll be playing Friday or Saturday unless I'm incredibly drunk and/or I'm about to get incredibly drunk and am just killing some time. And with me joining the ultimate team, I'll be away at tournaments and the such, limiting my weekend playtime to pretty much none.

I was talking about during the week. Just too much homework/studying/early classes that by the time I could plausibly hop on the server, I should be getting to bed. I know sleep is for the weak, but when you're on a team, sleep is pretty much the only thing that keeps your muscles from falling off.

So my friend brought to my attention that Valve is starting to take a stand against people who're trying to get around the drop system (I guess by using the idling program. I don't know about anything else other than that).

from tf_english.txt:

"TF_CheatDetected_Title" "WARNING"

"TF_CheatDetectedMinor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed the items that were illegally obtained.\n\nFuture violations will result in the loss of all your items."

"TF_CheatDetectedMajor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed all items in your inventory.\n\nFuture violations may result in your account being disabled."

from items.ctx

"122"

{

"name" "CheatDetectedMinor"

"enabled" "0"

"item_class" "tf_wearable_item"

"item_type_name" "CheatDetector"

"item_name" "#TF_CheatDetectedMinor"

"item_slot" "misc"

"item_quality" "unique"

"min_ilevel" "100"

"max_ilevel" "100"

"image_inventory" ""

"image_inventory_size_w" "128"

"image_inventory_size_h" "82"

"model_player" ""

"used_by_classes"

{

}

}

"123"

{

"name" "CheatDetectedMajor"

"enabled" "0"

"item_class" "tf_wearable_item"

"item_type_name" "CheatDetector"

"item_name" "#TF_CheatDetectedMajor"

"item_slot" "misc"

"item_quality" "unique"

"min_ilevel" "100"

"max_ilevel" "100"

"image_inventory" ""

"image_inventory_size_w" "128"

"image_inventory_size_h" "82"

"model_player" ""

"used_by_classes"

{

}

}

So my friend brought to my attention that Valve is starting to take a stand against people who're trying to get around the drop system (I guess by using the idling program. I don't know about anything else other than that).

from tf_english.txt:

"TF_CheatDetected_Title" "WARNING"

"TF_CheatDetectedMinor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed the items that were illegally obtained.\n\nFuture violations will result in the loss of all your items."

"TF_CheatDetectedMajor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed all items in your inventory.\n\nFuture violations may result in your account being disabled."

from items.ctx

Clearly, this is just an idle threat.

...hahahahahahaha

I play a couple of hours every day and I don't have any hats

The current system is strongly analogous to your standard lottery. Weapons are those crappy free-ticket wins you get from time to time, hats are the jackpot. Only difference being, it doesn't cost you anything extra to play here.

http://nerfnow.com/comic/173

The blurb down below the comic itself sums up my feelings on the whole affair.

The current system is strongly analogous to your standard lottery. Weapons are those crappy free-ticket wins you get from time to time, hats are the jackpot. Only difference being, it doesn't cost you anything extra to play here.

http://nerfnow.com/comic/173

The blurb down below the comic itself sums up my feelings on the whole affair.

YES!

Seriously, if I had ever gotten a hat outside of the idle program, maybe.. MAYBE I'd stop idling. But until then, hats are a myth in-game. I play WAY too much, and I've never gotten a hat legit.

YES!

Seriously, if I had ever gotten a hat outside of the idle program, maybe.. MAYBE I'd stop idling. But until then, hats are a myth in-game. I play WAY too much, and I've never gotten a hat legit.

Yeah...they need to change it some. Looking through the TF2 forum I saw that the time between checks for hats is 4 hours 17 minutes and 10 seconds :\