OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I've never idled (bar a few hours in the OCR server when the whole system came out) and I've managed to get two hats.

I suppose it's Valve apologizing for critting.

... Your main class is over-healed heavy. If crits don't kill you, what will? :3

His own stupidity? I dunno. *sighs* so many dreams of spectating, of running around like a headless chicken, of being shot in the face by someone on the other side of the map...

with the way things are going for me right now, though, by the time I am actually able to play the game, everyone will have moved on. :o

... Your main class is over-healed heavy. If crits don't kill you, what will? :3

My main class right NOW is Russian with German support. It's just recently that I've really started liking the Russian way of life. Before that I played, as Clefairy so elegantly put it, people that never really were on your side.

I'm pretty sure it's valve making fun of us again. Y'know, like when they added:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// TF2 MMO

"TF_MMO_LFG" "Looking For Group"

"TF_MMO_Quest1" "You must kill %s1 %s2 to complete this quest."

"TF_MMO_Monster1" "Boars"

"TF_MMO_Monster2" "Rats"

"TF_MMO_Monster3" "Bats"

"TF_MMO_Monster4" "Wolves"

"TF_MMO_Monster5" "Spiders"

---

And I STILL cannot figure out where tf_english.txt is. Windows claims it does not exist.

So my friend brought to my attention that Valve is starting to take a stand against people who're trying to get around the drop system (I guess by using the idling program. I don't know about anything else other than that).

from tf_english.txt:

"TF_CheatDetected_Title" "WARNING"

"TF_CheatDetectedMinor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed the items that were illegally obtained.\n\nFuture violations will result in the loss of all your items."

"TF_CheatDetectedMajor" "Your account has been flagged for circumventing the item distribution system. We have removed all items in your inventory.\n\nFuture violations may result in your account being disabled."

from items.ctx

"122"

{

"name" "CheatDetectedMinor"

"enabled" "0"

"item_class" "tf_wearable_item"

"item_type_name" "CheatDetector"

"item_name" "#TF_CheatDetectedMinor"

"item_slot" "misc"

"item_quality" "unique"

"min_ilevel" "100"

"max_ilevel" "100"

"image_inventory" ""

"image_inventory_size_w" "128"

"image_inventory_size_h" "82"

"model_player" ""

"used_by_classes"

{

}

}

"123"

{

"name" "CheatDetectedMajor"

"enabled" "0"

"item_class" "tf_wearable_item"

"item_type_name" "CheatDetector"

"item_name" "#TF_CheatDetectedMajor"

"item_slot" "misc"

"item_quality" "unique"

"min_ilevel" "100"

"max_ilevel" "100"

"image_inventory" ""

"image_inventory_size_w" "128"

"image_inventory_size_h" "82"

"model_player" ""

"used_by_classes"

{

}

}

http://parlourroomjesters.com/achievements/

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but we should make some server specific achievements for some extra fun. Maybe make them only achievable on community Tuesday nights?

I've played on one of their servers before. It was pretty nice. They run this one voice plugin that has 3 different channels you can chat and/or listen in on :0

http://parlourroomjesters.com/achievements/

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but we should make some server specific achievements for some extra fun. Maybe make them only achievable on community Tuesday nights?

Pretty sure you'd have to manually award them, as the achievement system is a mix of client side and Master-server side.

Edit: I suppose you could make a stats processor do them, but I've no clue how.

I just received my fourth hat this morning. This is confirmation that Drunken FOOL's idle program works, Valve is not yet removing items, and as well as a confession that hats do not equal happiness.

Until Valve actually gets a trading system in place we can only talk, but I know most people care, deep down inside, for a new hat. And I know many of you are coveting that hat you don't want for that hat you do want. But we are friends here, and I know there are those of us, bestowed by the grace of god with many hats, who feel bad for the hatless.

So, how many of you would be willing to wear your unwanted hat status as a clan tag [HAT](?), and how many unhatted would do the same [???], so that we can make sure each head stays warm in the fierce but snowy battle of Viaduct?

Remember, you can make a difference. Nobody wants to rely on an enemy pyro to stay warm.

I just received my fourth hat this morning. This is confirmation that Drunken FOOL's idle program works, Valve is not yet removing items, and as well as a confession that hats do not equal happiness.

Until Valve actually gets a trading system in place we can only talk, but I know most people care, deep down inside, for a new hat. And I know many of you are coveting that hat you don't want for that hat you do want. But we are friends here, and I know there are those of us, bestowed by the grace of god with many hats, who feel bad for the hatless.

So, how many of you would be willing to wear your unwanted hat status as a clan tag [HAT](?), and how many unhatted would do the same [???], so that we can make sure each head stays warm in the fierce but snowy battle of Viaduct?

Remember, you can make a difference. Nobody wants to rely on an enemy pyro to stay warm.

what is it what is it what is it!?!?

EDIT: I just joined the server to see what it was, but you were gone when i got there. :sad:

EDIT: I just joined the server to see what it was, but you were gone when i got there. :sad:

Drunken F00l to the rescue once again.

http://tf2items.com/

EDIT: new patch.

• Fixed "not on camera object" particle effects appearing while spectating in-eyes, and not appearing when in thirdperson
  • Fixed inventory bug that caused some item pickups not to be shown
  • Added support for client explanations of backend inventory manipulation

Guess we'll see what happens.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also new blog post. Allegedly, everyone who hasn't idled will receive a new hat 'soon'. The drop rate has also apparently been upped.

I got the Professionals Panama, and you will probably never see it on me. (Edit: Because valve took it away XD

Also, I was just checking in some weapon models I was messing with, sorry to fool ya XD

Seriously? O____________O

lol yup. Anyone who never used the idle program recieves a halo, wearable by all classes. Confirmed by bonzai.

I find it magnificent that they reward achievement grinders with the ability to reset their stats, and they pwn all the idlers. lawl.