OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

It amuses me to think that some day trading might take place, and I can trade someone's innocence for some paltry hat.

Yea, some guys were talking smack today about not healing halos. I'm not very eloquent when playing and talking, so I don't think I got through to them just how lame that is. As much as I made noise in here today, it really is surprising how much people care, and in the bad way.

So, I was pubbing today.

*ahem*

*wearing halo*

Medic: zomg u noob u suk stupid halo *doesn't heal*

*takes off halo*

Another medic: zomg ur an idler lol wat a noob *doesn't heal*

...GG?

[CAPS OF FURY]Can we just bloody get along?! God dammit take the stick out of your ass, stop being immature little buttfaces, and just play the bloody game! It's just a god damn halo! It doesn't even do anything! It just hurts spies!*[/CAPS OF FURY]

BTW, if you haven't noticed yet, if you wear the halo as a spy, the halo doesn't turn invisible. Well, it technically does, but the fancy glow doesn't go away.

*yes. I contradicted myself.

Everyone who went to bed early missed something great.

No, I won't tell you what it was. :tomatoface: If certain other people want to make disclosures, though, that's their business.

Halo's versus Idlers match? Was there teabagging, or just a lot of standing and staring?

I find the whole Halo thing mildly hilarious... especially since it's pretty terrible looking xD I mean some people might like the way that looks? But... I personally think it looks bad.

It's kinda like the Soldier's medal to me "Oh I didn't get that? Oh well it's looks bad anyway"

I just find it amusing when Halo'd players seem to make a Beeline for me because I'm not wearing one...

but yeah I didn't actually lose anything I wanted from the whole situation because I'd only idled 3 or 4 times and only gained duplicate weapons. I still have the only hat I have lol

This is true more and more. I've been visiting a few other pubs recently, and they do always have a much better class breakdown. HOWEVER. They're all soldier and demo and heavy because it's easy. And every single one of them are bad. I can clean up in those pubs, but OCR has more skilled frequenters. This is why they're more comfortable trying other classes. Suuure not everyone always has the heart of the team in mind, but it's still more fun than being in a server with people who really CAN'T do better. At OCR you get some skilled players, while maintaining a mentality isn't complete douchebag.

On a side note: THANK YOU darkesword. Not one person in this entire thread knows how to resize a photo.

After I left around 3:30?

Why yes, I am out of touch with reality. Why do you ask? :razz:

At any rate, I have received the go-ahead from relevant parties.

So I got on late last night, as things were winding down and the server was emptying. Bonzai had been drinking (screwdrivers, 1/2 vodka was the report I got), which progressed in more or less the manner you would expect.

Rambo wasn't far behind, it turns out. We won two stages of Goldrush doing nothing but uberchaining. And we weren't even that good at it.

At some point Bonzai gave up demoman, obviously the best class to play while drunk, for sniper. Naturally I insinuated she was into giving Rambo the old golden shower.

She laughed and answered "Well, you never know..."

We had a couple of semi-normal games after that. Pav popped in for Steel, seeming amused at our antics; Aeronaut made an appearance, mostly sticking to spectator and providing pokebattle-styled commentary. Apparently I can't call BS now, since I deleted that move for... Hacksaw? I don't remember, exactly; I had most of a glass of 50/50 screwdriver into me as well by that point. By the time Turbine rolled around it was down to me, Pav, and 2-3 others whose names escape me. Suprisingly we stuck it out the full 25 minutes, letting the mapchange to Hydro finish it off.

typical team setup on the ocr server

plrpipeline0000z.th.jpg

oh whoops sorry about that

Really? I rarely recall seeing 4 snipers on a team at any given point... last time I did, 2 of them were spies pretending to be snipers (on 2fort) just to screw with the other team.

Also, only 4/11 as attack classes seems a bit low even for OCR.

Really? I rarely recall seeing 4 snipers on a team at any given point... last time I did, 2 of them were spies pretending to be snipers (on 2fort) just to screw with the other team.

Also, only 4/11 as attack classes seems a bit low even for OCR.

Really?? Guess you're always on the right team. :sad:

I'd be thrilled with 4/11 a lot of the time. Heck, sometimes we even have more medics than medicatable classes.

I did a whole map at badwater last night with 3 spies and 3 snipers. The only heavy classes we had for the majority were myself as demo, and a pyro.

Really?? Guess you're always on the right team. :sad:

I'd be thrilled with 4/11 a lot of the time. Heck, sometimes we even have more medics than medicatable classes.

I did a whole map at badwater last night with 3 spies and 3 snipers. The only heavy classes we had for the majority were myself as demo, and a pyro.

If you mean Gold Rush as BLU, then some others did change classes right after someone mentioned it in voice chat. I myself would have, but people already changed classes by the next time I died (I checked).

If you mean Gold Rush as BLU, then some others did change classes right after someone mentioned it in voice chat. I myself would have, but people already changed classes by the next time I died (I checked).

Nope! Badwater! And people generally don't change when I suggest it. They say "fuck you rambo", and the likes.

on another note, i'm going to be moving the url of the file mirror sometime tomorrow.

Once i do this, the old url won't work any more.

However, since this is controlled by a server setting, you shouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Oh, and the map mirror list url is moving, too.

HELLO PLEASE CLEAN UP THAT MaP LIST THANK YOU

:)

Nope! Badwater! And people generally don't change when I suggest it. They say "fuck you rambo", and the likes.

oh i missed this

yeah i generally dont ask people to change classes anymore if we have no medic (or a really terrible one) ill almost always just go spy regardless of how many spies are on the team already

All of this halo business is just lol. Anyone who is upset over not getting a halo needs to chill out because they aren't even that great. Personally, I wear my halo only on the Sniper because, combined with the Huntsman, it makes me feel Pit from Kid Icarus.

If you bring up the fact that Pit doesn't actually have a halo you're a NERD!

Tried to upload a new OCR Server video last night but the upload failed for some reason I don't understand. It told me that the video format wasn't recognized by their converters which makes little sense considering it's the same video format I've used for all my TF2 videos. Oh well, I'll try again tonight.