OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The problem is that when people join, they never take a moment to evaluate the teams before joining. Or perhaps they do, and intentionally join the stronger team, I don't know.

I never evaluate the teams at all. When I connect to any server, I immediately mash enter until it gets to the class select screen (which will auto-assign you to a team). I personally hate scrambling and will always vote against it even when my team is getting rolled, but if I'm on a team that's really rolling bad and there's an open slot on the other team I will on occasion switch over.

I never evaluate the teams at all. When I connect to any server, I immediately mash enter until it gets to the class select screen (which will auto-assign you to a team).
I do this exact same thing. Sorry Rambo, but I don't generally look at things until I get into the game.
I personally hate scrambling and will always vote against it even when my team is getting rolled...
I always vote for scrambles, though, regardless of anything. It's not really going to hurt things if we scramble teams, why would we not?

How about you go to a different server instead of being a gaytard and staying somewhere where everyone is making you mad.

still didnt answer my question

oh yeah someone with ftp should update sourcemod to 1.2.3 it now has "motd" as a chat function which will finally show the motd

hm rambo bonzai garian and edgecrusher were all playing normally

and you bringing up people micspamming on my server is an entirely different matter because ON THE MOTD IT SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT WE PLAY MUSIC AND TO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT

im saying it should be like micspam where if some people dont want it DONT DO IT

also i didnt complain about it ingame either except that one time that one guy specifically asked me why i was CHEATING but using my rocket launcher and i called him a moron

This is what the MotD has said for quite some time:

we are not talking about micspammping we are talking about this

if griefing is against the rules why is people on my team refusing to use their guns or heal beams and doing EPIC MELEE ONLY which i consider griefing because it makes me REALLY MAD not against the rules

Like I said in the IRC channel, if people wanna melee only, go right ahead. They can melee only themselves right into the line of fire of my sentry :D

I'll have to agree with this. As long as it's one person going melee only, they may not be doing a lot to help the team, but at least they're not actively working against the team like engineers with useless teleporters or people who ask for an Uber then sit on their butt doing nothing when the medic deploys it. I fail to see how one person trying to melee only is any more griefing than sucking terribly at a class.

And if there are multiple people going melee only, on both teams, then the negative effects are shared between both teams and counter each other out. Either way, its not griefing, because they are not attempts at harassing people or gaining benefit at another's detriment, it's just people playing a silly game in a silly way.

I occasionally like to stop by the OCR server for TF2 fun but it was hilarious last week when I started the horror of the Bohemian Rhapsody song and sang with, I think it was, sporknight and others. I wished that was recorded, our audience *loved us! (*note: loathed)

On this current topic, The way I see meleeing only as griefing is if said person were constantly getting killed by said melee'er or they are *gasp* losing the round! It's just a game. I never take this game seriously. I say do what you want and have fun. I have fun laughing me ass off whether we win epically or fail miserably.

I'm guilty of this. Seeing as how whenever I go heavy I always pull out the fists. If you see a heavy using only fists for a long ass time, that'll be me. I must say I've gotten epic with it. On that same night we sang I beat the crap outta metal link 6-7 times in a row. He even rocket jumped into my fist and died. That was hilarious man! Dominated a lot too. And "powed" a couple of people.

Why do I do this? Meh, when you play a heavy so damn good and mow down countless people with sasha it gets boring...owning people with fists on the other hand..

I get a kick out of people who get butt hurt when they are trying to do melee only near a point, or it a high traffic area and get killed, then whine about it. If you insist on melee only, do it out of the way somewhere where I don't randomly see a member of another team running around like a tard that I shoot on instinct, k?

You know what griefing is? TOSSING GRENADES INTO THE EFFING RESPAWN.

Atmuh being butthurt because people want to goof off and melee only is not griefing.

That's not griefing, it's spawncamping. And there is a reason grenades were removed from everyone but demoman!