OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

No, doing things to make your teammates mad is called being an idiot. If you look it up you'll see things like spawncamping and such as being primary elements of griefing.

Griefing can include spawncamping, I'll admit, but spawncamping isn't necessarily griefing. Make sense?

yeah and come on now after months and months of the server being up the only type of spawncamping that has been determined to be unfair by the regulars is with stickys (which personally i see as a legit tactic but that is simply my opinion and i realize that around here im in the minority with that one)

but anyways on my server we have this really awesome rule that is dont melee or battlemedic if your teammates tell you to stop it is my only antigriefing sorta rule HOW ABOUT IT

You recognize you're in the minority about the spawncamping rule; why don't you realize you're in the minority about melee only people? It's not griefing. Odds are, they can get kills. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's griefing mate.

who the hell are you

Melee only isn't bad. I do it all the time.

Granted if I'm in the zone, I can Punchan Heavy my way halfway up the scoreboard.

Half the time when I'm not in the zone, I just end up becoming a Distraction Heavy.

People like to focus on easy targets, and forget there are people with guns behind them

I do sometimes whine about people having no honor in facing Punchan Heavy, but thats only to hopefully start a wave of punchans. Nothing too serious, as if I was serious, why a I Punchan Heavy?

And when they do usually settle for melee, half the time it's a pyro with an axtinguisher. :|

Melee only isn't bad. I do it all the time.

Granted if I'm in the zone, I can Punchan Heavy my way halfway up the scoreboard.

Half the time when I'm not in the zone, I just end up becoming a Distraction Heavy.

People like to focus on easy targets, and forget there are people with guns behind them

I do sometimes whine about people having no honor in facing Punchan Heavy, but thats only to hopefully start a wave of punchans. Nothing too serious, as if I was serious, why a I Punchan Heavy?

And when they do usually settle for melee, half the time it's a pyro with an axtinguisher. :|

get out

Why are people crying over this again?

Last I checked, there isn't a rule that obligates everyone to suddenly go melee only if one dude wants to run melee only.

So, uh. Hey, if you go melee only, we have no liability. Simple as that.

yeah but its pretty annoying to EVERY 5 SECONDS hear someone scream MELEE ONLY over the mic

I have nothing in particular to contribute to the debate, I just wanted to pop on and say I agree with all the moderates out there. If people want to melee, let them. If they want to incessantly challenge everyone else to do the same, let everyone else mute them.

For people that this solution does not satisfy, such as those whose names start with at and end with uh, allow me to quote the MST3k mantra:

"It's just a show. I really should relax."

Swap show for game and bam! Instant applicable wisdom.

I'd like to direct your attention to the mute function.

It's this miraculous little tool that lets you mute players!

Now you don't have to hear that annoying little kid complaining or that really repetitive micspam! It works wonders for me, you should try it too!

Also,

For people that this solution does not satisfy, such as those whose names start with at and end with uh, allow me to quote the MST3k mantra:

"It's just a show. I really should relax."

Swap show for game and bam! Instant applicable wisdom.

QFT

Yes, this tool comes in real handy when it comes to muting Jeremy Irons, especially when he insists on calling everyone idiots. Repeatedly.

As for the whole melee-only thing. I'll gladly follow the CODE OF HONOR and punch out another heavy. I rarely actually hear people declare melee only over the mic. Most of the time they just do it, and that's fine with me. Certain people take the game too seriously. Then again, certain people like to play with viewmodels off because TF2 is serious business.

Yes, this tool comes in real handy when it comes to muting Jeremy Irons, especially when he insists on calling everyone idiots. Repeatedly.

As for the whole melee-only thing. I'll gladly follow the CODE OF HONOR and punch out another heavy. I rarely actually hear people declare melee only over the mic. Most of the time they just do it, and that's fine with me. Certain people take the game too seriously. Then again, certain people like to play with viewmodels off because TF2 is serious business.

for certain people, playing tf2 THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED and challenging and being challenged by other players as everyone betters their skills at the game is how we enjoy the game

and for the most part the ocr server does that quite nicely and i can expect to join the server at any given time and have a good fun straight up normal game of tf2

Why are people crying over this again?

People aren't crying over this. It's only Atmuh and his somewhat skewed view of how the game should be played. Nothing to be concerned about since there's no real problem here. If he can't even explain why it bothers him adequately then I see no reason to keep arguing with him about it.

for certain people, playing tf2 THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED and challenging and being challenged by other players as everyone betters their skills at the game is how we enjoy the game

Have you stopped to consider that someone going melee only may be trying to better their skills at the game?

It's only Atmuh and his somewhat skewed view of how the game should be played.

funniest thing ive read all day

Have you stopped to consider that someone going melee only may be trying to better their skills at the game?

oh yeah DEFINITELY

and for the people that say to mute whoever it is, thats all well and good but they were also spamming the text chat with dumb stuff like NO HONOR over and over and i really dont like to disable text chat because then you miss some things that may be important like when people use the voice commands

funniest thing ive read all day

Funny, I had a good laugh at the idea that Sticky Spawn camping should be allowed. Then again, I usually have a good laugh at your ideas of what others should and shouldn't be allowed to do. If someone wants to melee only, it doesn't affect you. In fact, I'd be surprised if you'd even notice if you didn't see it for yourself. You'd just think the player wasn't very good, so I ask again, how is it griefing and why does it bother you? Because all I can see is that you're angry because someone did something you wouldn't, and if that isn't laughable I don't know what is.

oh boy lets have some fun

Funny, I had a good laugh at the idea that Sticky Spawn camping should be allowed.

if youd like to know my reasoning behind that, its because i think although it used to be pretty cheap way back when we all started playing tf2, valve has done plenty of things to make it much less of a threat (dead ringer, bonk, compression blast, etc)

If someone wants to melee only, it doesn't affect you. In fact, I'd be surprised if you'd even notice if you didn't see it for yourself. You'd just think the player wasn't very good, so I ask again, how is it griefing and why does it bother you?

ok sure if i didnt see it i wouldnt notice it but its pretty easy to figure out when a teammate is going melee only when he runs into a crowd of people as a heavy with only fists or at the beginning of a map says LETS GO MELEE ONLY GUYS on text/voice and THATS what ive been talking about this whole time can you read

and honestly i dont feel like arguing with all of you about this, id prefer to just hear baha or ds's opinion (and strangely enough i dont EVER recall something like this ever happening when one of them was on, WE JUST PLAYED TF2)

i, for one, only tolerate melee only nonsense.

Ditto! If melee only had any depth at all, suuure I'd play. But it mainly comes down to crits, and being a heavy. I like neither of those! :3

Also, I'd even abide by the "don't shoot the people melee-ing!!1!" If i didn't always end up promptly being hacked to death by someone when I turn my back on them. If you don't wanna eat scattergun or rocket, don't melee people holding guns. :3

You will never be muted, kicked, banned, or otherwise punished for not using your melee weapon.

You may be kicked, temp-banned, muted, or otherwise punished for bitching at people for not using melee weapons. Also please tell me if you DO get votebanned/whatever for that reason, as said person will likely be taking a vacation from the ocr server.

Also, playing fist heavy/anything else melee only in a serious game (ie anything but 2fort and possibly turtlebine) is a pretty dick thing to do to your team. It probably won't get you in trouble, but it'll probably make the rest of your team annoyed with you.

I'm also considering re-instituting 2spy 2sniper limits on all maps but 2fort. 4 sniper offense on cp-steel makes for a sad medic.

You will never be muted, kicked, banned, or otherwise punished for not using your melee weapon.

You may be kicked, temp-banned, muted, or otherwise punished for bitching at people for not using melee weapons. Also please tell me if you DO get votebanned/whatever for that reason, as said person will likely be taking a vacation from the ocr server.

Also, playing fist heavy/anything else melee only in a serious game (ie anything but 2fort and possibly turtlebine) is a pretty dick thing to do to your team. It probably won't get you in trouble, but it'll probably make the rest of your team annoyed with you.

I'm also considering re-instituting 2spy 2sniper limits on all maps but 2fort. 4 sniper offense on cp-steel makes for a sad medic.

HA HA

and yeah the main that that pissed me off was that the map was GRANARY OF ALL FREAKING MAPS

With the flaws associated with class limitations, I believe that the benefits are much more welcomed. It's no good having six+ useless support classes running around when you can limit it to four.

Yeah. As of late, there have been plenty of support classes, with nothing to support.