OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I support keeping viaduct in the rotation. It's the only KOTH map that isn't plagued with terrible design flaws (nucleus), or game breaking bugs (vanishing sawblades in sawmill)

yukon is meh... don't like it but I don't hate it. I think do agree that the rotation needs some love though.

Current rotation:

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_badlands

ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_follower

cp_dustbowl

plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

tc_hydro

I'd like to axe hydro, pipeline, and sawmill, maybe add cashworks. If anyone has a custom they'd like to suggest, now's the time.

I don't think I've even played Cashworks

I hope you have a high end computer!

EDIT: I was in another server the other day, and when a map vote came up, it displayed the number of votes for each respective map as they rolled in. Anyone know if this could be implemented on the OCR server? It would to some degree solve maps winning with low percentages.

As for the map rotation, it'd be great if the following were gone:

Hydro, Sawmill, Follower

I don't mind nucleus that much. Yes, there is a problem with sniping due to the way the map is arranged... exiting via the right door in particular.

A lot of people have FPS problems with Viaduct due to the snow. It should be removed for that reason alone.

Cashworks... also has FPS problems.

Yukon: It's not a bad map, in my opinion. It does seem a bit easy to steamroll, though.

As for maps to add to the rotation, I suggest:

cp_furnace_b4 (this is actually by the guy who made yukon, iirc)

cp_waste (we've played pl_waste before, but not cp_waste)

cp_well (Everyone likes well!)

koth_harvest

I almost wouldn't mind trying cp_toy_fort_alt3 to see if it fixes the problems with toy fort elite.

hello update

Here are the notes:

If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won't have this ConVar set

Additions / Changes

Backpack improvement

• Added support for 100 slots in the backpack
  • Backpack can now be sorted by type
  • Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key

Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches

• A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy
  • A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health
  • Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health
  • Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector's health

Medic regen changes

• Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec
  • Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x
  • End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec

Blutsauger

• Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"
  • Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec

Added "mp_windifference" server ConVar (default to 0)

• When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team

Added a "Remember the active weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Show non-standard items on spectated player" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

• If set (default), it'll show non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating

Tournament mode changes

• New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players
  • Added "item_whitelist_example.txt"
  • Added "item_show_whitelistable_definitions" command to get a list of whitelistable items

Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD

• Added "Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
  • Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level
  • Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them

Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven't chosen a team

Bug Fixes

• Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere
    • Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB
    • Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159
    • Rocket radius change: 121->146
    • End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant

[*]Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses

[*]Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as

[*]Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team

[*]Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted

[*]Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged

[*]Added check to prevent clients using the "firstperson" command to get out of thirdperson view while they're phasing, taunting or control stunned

[*]Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies

[*]Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they're removed

[*]Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused

[*]Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests

• Added the entindex() of the object being built to the "player_builtobject" game event
  • Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire
  • Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer

Aaaaaaaaaaaw....they updated the Medic but not the Heavy. :-(

I was hoping all the updates would come out at once, but I suppose this is alright.

[Edit:]

Also, I'm not entirely sure why we have the Backpack thing if they're going to raise the number of maximum items held. I suppose it's cool to be able to see your weapons all lined up like that, but I really thought it was to make you think about what you really wanted for your characters.

/shrugs.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why we have the Backpack thing if they're going to raise the number of maximum items held. I suppose it's cool to be able to see your weapons all lined up like that, but I really thought it was to make you think about what you really wanted for your characters.

theyre silently admitting that was a horrible idea

I forgot to mention: I rebooted the server already to apply this.

I do think the Sandvich change is interesting.

Also, the Heavy change hasn't been made yet, because it's a new item (isn't it?) rather than just changing an old item. Same reason the Engineer change isn't there yet.