OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

OK, I restarted it.

Edit: I found out why my connection to the server is so much worse than before. It turns out that my connection is now being routed differently. It used to interconnect with AT&T's network in Chicago. GameServers' Chicago datacenter (where our server is) also interconnected with AT&T in Chicago.

Now it routes somewhere in XO's network first.

P.S. I'm also trying to convince the owner of VGMusic to upgrade to a new Quad-Core server. Probably won't succeed, but if it does, I might be able to set up a TF2 server on it.

battle medic got NERFED can you READ

So, how did battle medic get nerfed? Blutsauger crits now, and the -2 health... cancels out the health regen buff. So the medic regenerates at about the same speed, but now can crit. Doesn't seem like a nerf to me...

So, how did battle medic get nerfed? Blutsauger crits now, and the -2 health... cancels out the health regen buff. So the medic regenerates at about the same speed, but now can crit. Doesn't seem like a nerf to me...

actually yeah i forgot that its basically the same except i was using the blut for a while yesterday just to see and it never critted once so WHO KNOWS

but the boosted regen is too good to pass up now imo

Yeah, the boosted regen entirely negates pyro fire damage and heals you up super quick after a fight. The blutsauger, however, keeps you alive during a fight, so pick your poison, I guess.

as a medic you SHOULDNT BE THE ONE FIGHTING so im pretty sure the answer is obvious

:| Why not? If people want to be a battle medic, let them. Or do you consider not healing you 'griefing'?

refusing to heal members of your team when you have chosen the class who's sole purpose is to heal members of your team?

man some of you make me ANGRY

Why can't folks do both. I like fighting and healing.

And running like baby when I know I'm about die.

if youre running away from someone trying to kill you and no one on your team is around and youre firing back to get out of there ok thats cool but if there is ANYONE on your team near you (snipers and spies dont count) and you elect to be an epic battlemedic instead of doing your best to keep that other guy alive you are a TERRIBLE medic and you will piss me off a LOT

sooo...

Proposed rotation:

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_badlands

-ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_follower

cp_dustbowl

-plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

+cp_furnace_b4

+cp_waste

+cp_well

+koth_harvest

I think we need to add at least one more PL map to this rotation.

sooo...

Proposed rotation:

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_badlands

-ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_yukon_final

ctf_2fort

cp_follower

cp_dustbowl

-plr_pipeline

cp_steel

ctf_turbine

+cp_furnace_b4

+cp_waste

+cp_well

+koth_harvest

I think we need to add at least one more PL map to this rotation.

if youre going to have granary and badlands dont have follower too as they are better designed than follower anyways also dont have granary and badlands so close to each other also WHO LIKES 2FORT SERIOUSLY and koth harvest is yet another koth map that suffers from the problem of not having the point on an ACTUAL hill

the only good koth map that ive ever played ever (and i cant believe im saying this because i hate the map) is garbage day

at least it was designed properly which is more than can be said of valve's koth maps

and why cp waste especially RIGHT next to another custom customs empty servers this has been proven a billion times over and over

and no you do not need more payload

Hey atmuh, try using some punctuation. Your posts are hard to read without it.

i try to keep my posts as short as possible so i dont have to also if i hit enter thats pretty much a new thought come on it isnt THAT hard to read you should be used to it by now!

but if i do long ones ok i will be a little more organized i suppose

if there is ANYONE on your team near you (snipers and spies dont count) and you elect to be an epic battlemedic instead of doing your best to keep that other guy alive you are a TERRIBLE medic and you will piss me off a LOT

agreeing one hundred percent with this

if youre going to have granary and badlands dont have follower too as they are better designed than follower anyways also dont have granary and badlands so close to each other also WHO LIKES 2FORT SERIOUSLY and koth harvest is yet another koth map that suffers from the problem of not having the point on an ACTUAL hill

the only good koth map that ive ever played ever (and i cant believe im saying this because i hate the map) is garbage day

at least it was designed properly which is more than can be said of valve's koth maps

and why cp waste especially RIGHT next to another custom customs empty servers this has been proven a billion times over and over

and no you do not need more payload

I'm going to move the new maps around (Though I think the server randomizes it anyway), they're just at the bottom right now to avoid confusion.

Axed harvest if nothing else than because it's easy for soldiers and demos to exploit the open roof around the point. Follower is also up on the chop block.

We don't NEED more pl/ctf maps, but a growing majority of our rotation is cp...

* 9 cp maps

* 2 pl maps (Goldrush + badwater)

* 1 ctf (2fort doesn't count)

* 1 koth

koth_viaduct

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_badlands

-ctf_sawmill

cp_gravelpit

pl_goldrush

cp_yukon_final