OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

* 9 cp maps

* 2 pl maps (Goldrush + badwater)

* 1 ctf (2fort doesn't count)

* 1 koth

youre saying cp as if its all the same though

5 point cp is very different than attack/defend and as far as attack/defend goes dustbowl is very different than gravelpit

and its much better than playing payload

if anything put badwater a second time

and no it doesnt randomize the mapcycle

So wait a minute.

A couple of pages ago, it was "If you want to play 4th sniper, that's cool."

And now, it's "omfg heal me!! battle medic r bad men"?

there is a difference between 'wanting to play sniper' and 'wanting to play sniper who only uses the jarate and kukri'

essentially there is a big difference between losing because you do not have the right classes and losing because you have the right classes but people are fucking stupid and are trying to jarate people/battlemedic/only fire axe/boxing heavy/battlespy

if I had to choose another payload I'd say that hoodoo would be our best bet, despite how awful it is

but honestly I'd really rather there just not be any other payload then badwater until valve/mapmakers realize how to make payload maps that aren't awful

essentially there is a big difference between losing because you do not have the right classes and losing because you have the right classes but people are fucking stupid and are trying to jarate people/battlemedic/only fire axe/boxing heavy/battlespy

I thought that we established earlier in the thread that a person's right to choose is what matters here. They aren't playing this way to make you angry. They're playing this way to have fun. The only difference is that your personal definition of 'casual fun' doesn't extend this far. It's the exact same concept.

EDIT: Actually, I think limiting the potential number of times you'll get to play a class is FAR more reasonable than telling people exactly how to play any given class.

there is a difference between 'wanting to play sniper' and 'wanting to play sniper who only uses the jarate and kukri'

That's an arbitrary distinction if ever I saw one. You want to permit people to play how they want, you do it all the way.

Also, to the people rejecting db_heights out of hand: it's not a straight port. The author has made significant changes to the map layout to support the new gametype; Stage 3-1 in particular bears almost no resemblance to the original.

Don't you dare insult my terrorist Sniper. Take it back.

Also, to the people rejecting db_heights out of hand: it's not a straight port. The author has made significant changes to the map layout to support the new gametype; Stage 3-1 in particular bears almost no resemblance to the original.

I'll be the first to admit this map has made a lot of favorable changes to support a PL map. It may well have changed since some of you have played it last. So check it out.

EDIT: Oh. I left my laptop power adapter in California. I don't have steam on this computer, so I won't be online for a week or two. (sorry garian and Clefairy) :|

Actually, I think limiting the potential number of times you'll get to play a class is FAR more reasonable than telling people exactly how to play any given class.
You want to permit people to play how they want, you do it all the way.

hey yeah here is the distinction

you guys: guys let's make it against the rules to do this

me: when people do this it makes me mad

me agreeing with atmuh that battlemedic is dumb is not really comparable to you guys trying to force class limits at all

yeah we know and it's still pretty bad

hey yeah here is the distinction

you guys: guys let's make it against the rules to do this

me: when people do this it makes me mad

yeah but here

You make it seem as though your frustration is justified. And ours is not. When essentially our argument is that being a 4th sniper is 'fucking stupid'. Making no difference.

I didn't call you out on battle medics being dumb. I was calling you out on trying to make this ridiculous distinction.

You make it seem as though your frustration is justified. And ours is not. When essentially our argument is that being a 4th sniper is 'fucking stupid'. Making no difference.

I didn't call you out on battle medics being dumb. I was calling you out on trying to make this ridiculous distinction.

yeah and I'm saying that if you don't know the difference between

bleck: what is wrong with you heal the heavy instead of using your saw

and

rambo: what is wrong with you why are you playing sniper obviously what we need here is a soldier who will go left while a demoman covers right so we can win with no resistance at all because winning is the only way I ever enjoy anything ever

then rofl I think you're arguing against yourself

Remember the time that I was in the top three of my team during a full match on Nucleus once where both teams were about equally matched and all I used was the jarate and kukri?

Yeah, playing alternative styles can never ever ever be effective.

To make this post constructive: I am for the addition of db_heights, I miss the last stage of Dustbowl anyways. Haven't played there in forever :(

yeah and I'm saying that if you don't know the difference between

bleck: what is wrong with you heal the heavy instead of using your saw

and

rambo: what is wrong with you why are you playing sniper obviously what we need here is a soldier who will go left while a demoman covers right so we can win with no resistance at all because winning is the only way I ever enjoy anything ever

then rofl I think you're arguing against yourself

Right, Rambo already acknowledged your point. Your distinction here is moot, because in both cases the players are not acting in a way that is conducive to the team. Whether or not people play the wrong class the right way or play the right class the wrong way is indistinct. Both are equally bad.