OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

demoman isnt even close to being overpowered

Overly versatile, for sure. His two primaries dish out damage incredibly. If he could defend a medic better I'm sure he'd be the main component of 6 vs. 6 games. Well...I guess sticky-jumping isn't as immediately available as soldier so he is less mobile...maybe? I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

I'll restart. Demoman is incredibly versatile with his combination of both nades and stickies. He can be both an offensive and defensive powerhouse. Especially in pubs. Oh god, especially in pubs.

I'll restart. Demoman is incredibly versatile with his combination of both nades and stickies. He can be both an offensive and defensive powerhouse. Especially in pubs. Oh god, especially in pubs.

Yup. With random damage on (which is the case in pubs), both pipes and stickies can one-shot (these are the only two weapons[barring crits] that can do that). With AND without crits, the demoman has the highest DPS of any class. Pipe bombs don't suffer from any damage drop-off, unlike rockets. And stickies can be used to manipulate the enemy's movements. There's a reason why they limit demoman to 1 player in competitive matches.

That's unfortunate. Miyako (RED) is one the few players who can swing a game, who's also kind enough to aid a losing team. I've seen him switch to the losing team many times over.

You should learn from him!

I dunno, I hate games that are one-sided. And unless all of the 'better' players are on, that's exactly what it becomes. It's no fun to steamroll or be steamrolled. The best games are 'evenly' matched, where nobody has a clear advantage and you have to work to win. Of course this is all just my opinion, and you can take that as you will.

And atmuh, seriously, you're an annoying little kid. /shoo.

Might just be me, but whenever RED/Demoman is OP LOL is on, I tend to quit. He just makes the game not fun. Even if you're on the same team. :(

I tend to quit when the fun stops.

I would quote your post right above this one but I'm lazy.

Also, I might not be playing for a bit until I get my ISP to finally FIX their fscking network. I'm getting anywhere from 155-250 ping to the server at all times.

I used to get a ping of 30 or so. 30!

Ok, so I did some research and the cheapest I could find is about 35 dollars per flag. They would be 3 x 5 and have a flag pole sock sewn onto every one. So if this fits your budget, lemme know and I will put a tally up, and place the order on the 15th of October. This is to ensure that everyone gets their fkags by MaGFest. You have to furnish your one flagpoles though.

The demoman might be annoying sometimes, but only if you're playing against somebody who really knows what they're doing. You gotta work in just the right timing to land either kind of ammo, especially if you get caught in a close quarters battle. I would agree with the reduction of health idea for the demo... only half heartedly, definitely no on the removal of the ability to have non-sticky pipe bombs explode on contact.

I used to think the demoman was overpowered, but he's simply really effective in the right circumstances. Without those bastardized sticky bombs and their massive stopping power, defending a point would be a lot trickier.

Also, wow. Atmuh, try to at least make sure you're adding something to a thread other than improperly punctuated trolling before you click submit.

Wow lots of Demohate here....I'll be the first to whine when a demo starts sploding my whole team, but I dont think they are OP. I think weirdboy got it right. It generally doesn't help when a demo has a CP stickied up, then 5 people run onto it like "OMGIMGONNACAPTHISPOINTRIGHTNOAW" and afterwards all rage when the demo kills half the team.

I'm just like you D-lux I have between 60-25 hours on all my other classes, demo sits at the bottom with 2.5! Just isn't a fun class for me.

Also I'm interested in a flag brushfire my place needs more TF2 awesomes