OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Can I get an invite to the OCR Steam group

I couldn't tell which was one was which between the old and new ones, so I sent invites for both.

and reserved slot privileges? Last night it broke my heart getting booted for the reserved slot so many times when all I wanted to do was play some TF2 and relax. Literally, my heart is broken now. It will never heal.

Some of the reserved slots that I added had gotten removed, as another admin updated the reserved slots file (admins.cfg) without getting the latest version first.

I've since fixed the problem.

Now, on to another subject: The nQa guys have been team stacking again. It's harder to detect these days, but I happened to glance at Minty-Fresh's HLStatsX page just recently and saw his old -|nQa|- name in there.

(The other problem people were Axem Green and Bababooie, who also used to have -|nQa|- names.)

They were later joined by AH YADADADADTATATDATADATADDDAAA and spaghetti cat (also an -|nQa|-)

It wouldn't be a problem if they sucked, but unfortunately, that's not true. Which resulted in the server being down to something like 5 people a moment ago.

When teams are scrambled, they switch to Spectator until they can rejoin their nQa teammates rather than staying on the new team, which immediately results in teams of uneven sizes.

I recommend a blanket ban on the -|nQa|- members that we run across, particularly if they are members of the nQa League Team.

I recommend a blanket ban on the -|nQa|- members that we run across, particularly if they are members of the nQa League Team.

I've been wanting to say something about these guys for a while now, but have held my tongue, because they are good players, and I don't like to keep good players away if it's avoidable. I even kept a sticky note on my desktop for a while, trying to keep track of them.

But yea, it seems to me that they frequently have to be reminded the rules on the server, and have little respect for the players here. I would support bans on the gang.

Although, I did anticipate an nQa vs ZUZ srs business match.

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i wasnt on the server but i noticed that it went from 24/24 to 14/24 on a switch to waste and being that viaduct was after it it got down to 9 people

also the one time we played waste when i was on the server it got rtvd very quickly

there really isnt any need for it either especially since there are already 5 good official abcba maps on the rotation

whereas youre bawwing because youre getting rolled but yeah people that scramble evade are fags

there's others that teamstack so why should the nQa guys only get banned? I think banning anyone for that is lame. can't there just be a force scramble if one side is getting rolled :v and if they scramble evade then kick and then ban

the gscramble plugin can be set so that if a team wins 3 rounds in a row itll scramble and if someone goes spec after that to restack itll put them back on the team and say they are very bad!

there's others that teamstack so why should the nQa guys only get banned? I think banning anyone for that is lame. can't there just be a force scramble if one side is getting rolled :v and if they scramble evade then kick and then ban

Because they've been warned not to do it before, and tried changing their nicks around to avoid detection (apparently not realizing that our stats software lists old nicks).

the gscramble plugin can be set so that if a team wins 3 rounds in a row itll scramble and if someone goes spec after that to restack itll put them back on the team and say they are very bad!

Yeah, but unfortunately, people complained about the gscramble plugin before, so it got disabled completely.

Some of the reserved slots that I added had gotten removed, as another admin updated the reserved slots file (admins.cfg) without getting the latest version first.

Oh, goody. Thanks very much.

APOLOGY: I'm gonna be playing more Scout in the future in order to get better. This, of course, means that I am not a very good Scout right now. Hopefully I will be getting better. Hopefully.

Because they've been warned not to do it before, and tried changing their nicks around to avoid detection (apparently not realizing that our stats software lists old nicks).

Yeah, but unfortunately, people complained about the gscramble plugin before, so it got disabled completely.

But again there's others that still teamstack so shouldn't this apply to them as well?

APOLOGY: I'm gonna be playing more Scout in the future in order to get better. This, of course, means that I am not a very good Scout right now. Hopefully I will be getting better. Hopefully.

ADVICE: Use the FaN. People will hate you for it, but they can deal.

Also, try to avoid detection as much as possible. Ideally, you want to be in just-about-melee range before engaging your target, unless you know they're hurt and can be finished off from further away.

Or were you referring to Rambo and Bonzai?

Is that a joke?

EDIT: I think he's referring to people without tags, who no one ever pays attention to because they aren't like "omg they have a tag, they're cheating."

Also, scythe-messiah has been Minty-Fresh for almost 3 months. How people didn't know this sooner is beyond me. I've never found it to be a problem. And no one cared because he didn't have a tag.